Giants at Bears Week 12 - Don't Care Bowl Official Game Thread (Sun, Nov 24, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears -6.0, O/U 40.5

adam

So much drama for this game. Will Trubisky start? Why is Trevathan not on IR and taking a 53-man roster spot? Is Ryan Pace an idiot? Will Pineiro miss another FG and blame the hash? How many penalties will Leno have? How many yards off will Kyle Fuller play? How many times will Montgomery be hit in the backfield? How many Cohen runs up the gut are we in store for? How many dropped passes will Bears receivers have? How many helmets will be removed on the field after a special teams tackle? Will Mack register anything on the stat sheet? How many times will Floyd disengage from the blocker?

To hurt the Raiders draft position, the Bears will win this 19-16 in an extremely ugly fashion, Club Dub will be back open and everything will be back to normal.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:38 AM, adam said:

To hurt the Raiders draft position, the Bears will win this 19-16 in an extremely ugly fashion, Club Dub will be back open and everything will be back to normal.

That’s....hilarious!

One more thing; I predict Eli will stay in Chicago after the game so he can audition for the starting job next year.   

They can’t seem to get things in synch.  Trubisky’s playing exceptionally well today (I know it’s the Giants but still) BUT...between the refs and dropped passes they can’t seem to keep the momentum.  

The interception in the end zone was interesting due to the position of the receivers (at least according to Spielman). According to him Miller bent into coverage which looked accurate.  Then later he (Spielman) noted two receivers were clumped together when in fact Montgomery was in position to block had the receiver behind him caught the ball. 

oh well....

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Holy baby Jesus, a long TD pass to Arob? No penalty? and Pineiro made the XP?

the Giants arent any good either, which is making the football look a little better today, but even so they are all over the place.

This is not growth.

3 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

the Giants arent any good either, which is making the football look a little better today, but even so they are all over the place.

This is not growth.

You have to start somewhere I guess. They just need to start putting consecutive scoring drives together.

Trubisky has 250 passing yards (4 from season high), has a season high rushing yards (19), and 7.4 Y/A is only 0.2 from a season high. A 300-yard game and a 2nd TD pass would be a nice finish, and a WIN!

Bears up 13-7.

I don't like Nagy's play calling near the goal line. He keeps cutting the field in half, which makes it easy for the defense. Keep the entire field open and try to some draws up the middle.

Nagy says "F it" and Trubisky runs in for a TD. Bears going for two.....and an unbelievable sequence occurs, Arob is called for a BS pick away from the play, Bears decided to kick, then get an illegal substitution penalty, then Pineiro misses a 48-yard XP. To his credit, the wind was blowing left to right and he kicked it left, but it never moved an inch right. He needs to just aim and kick dead center. Bears 19-7.

13 minutes ago, adam said:

The running game is just God awful. RB's are hit behind the LOS every run. 

Nagy needs to go back to I-formation running.  Plain and simple. 

And I’m tired of seeing Cohen as a primary back...not THE primary just sharing carries with Montgomery.  Time to elevate Nall and keep Cohen to gadget and third down plays. 

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

God I hope they don’t do Club Dub. 

🤢🤬😝

You know they are. It's fine. I don't like it, but it is what it is. Wins are hard to come by in the NFL. If they win on Thursday against DET, they will be 6-6 with 4 games to play. I would say 8-8 would be a success, anything less at that point would be a failure IMO.

Trubisky ends the game with 25-41, 61%, 278 yards, 6.8 Y/A, 1 TD, 2 INT, 69.0 QB Rating, 1TD Rush. The INT's were awful, but he did have more success down the field.

On the 2nd INT, Nagy drew up 4 deep routes with no outlet. Nothing underneath, so Trubisky forced it deep. He still doesn't understand how to throw it out of bounds.

The offense had 335 yards of total offense, but only scored 19 pts. The defense allowed another late TD drive that totaled 102 yards. The defense has to clean that up. They also dropped several INTs. 

Special Teams, outside of one great play by Patterson, has been awful. 

This week, the Bears need GB, LAR, PHI, and CAR to lose. So far, PHI (5-6) and CAR (5-6) both lost. GB plays SF tonight and LAR plays BAL tomorrow night. If they all lose, the NFC will look like this:

NFCN 
1. GB 8-3 (@ NYG)
2. MIN 8-3 (@ SEA)
3. CHI 5-6 (@ DET)

WC2
1. MIN 8-3 (@ SEA)
2. LAR 6-5  (@ ARZ)
3. CHI 5-6 (@ DET)
4. PHI 5-6 (@ MIA)
5. CAR 5-6 (vs WAS)

Our only hope is if MIN loses to SEA, LAR loses to ARZ, and the Bears beat DET next week. That would make it only a 2-game lead for MIN with 4 to play (1 game head to head).