Mahomes vs Watson vs Trubisky Last Quarter of Season

adam

As I look up stats, I can't help but notice the similarities between Trubisky and Josh Allen. In their first two seasons they have relatively the same numbers, with Trubisky having the edge in most. Even the teams finished similarly. In the rookie years the Bills won 6 and Bears won 5, in their 2nd years the Bears won 12 and the Bills have 10 with 2 to play. 

So it will be interesting to see how Allen looks next year compared to Trubisky this year. It almost feels like Trubisky had a sophomore slump in his 3rd year (2nd year in offense). 

The one major difference is the Offensive Lines, the Bills have a far superior line but the Bears have much better WRs. 

The last piece is the divisions, the Bears get the Lions twice but Buffalo get Miami and the Jets for 4 games. That's the difference between 9 wins and 11 wins. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, adam said:

As I look up stats, I can't help but notice the similarities between Trubisky and Josh Allen. In their first two seasons they have relatively the same numbers, with Trubisky having the edge in most. Even the teams finished similarly. In the rookie years the Bills won 6 and Bears won 5, in their 2nd years the Bears won 12 and the Bills have 10 with 2 to play. 

So it will be interesting to see how Allen looks next year compared to Trubisky this year. It almost feels like Trubisky had a sophomore slump in his 3rd year (2nd year in offense). 

The one major difference is the Offensive Lines, the Bills have a far superior line but the Bears have much better WRs. 

The last piece is the divisions, the Bears get the Lions twice but Buffalo get Miami and the Jets for 4 games. That's the difference between 9 wins and 11 wins. 

The Bills can also run the football.  Packers were daring the Bears to run and the Bears still couldn't do anything.  The Packers had DB's everywhere and Mitch still threw for 300+, albeit, didn't execute well enough in the red zone and had the costly turnover (and could have had another).  Either way, Mitch didn't play his best game, but far from as bad as he was earlier in the year.  

15 hours ago, adam said:

It's crazy to think GB is the #2 seed and tied with Seattle with 11 wins and GB could end up as the #1 seed if GB wins their last 2 and Seattle loses one of their last two.

I take solace in knowing that GB won’t make the SB this year.  They don’t have nearly as good a team as does SF, NO or SEA.  Sure they have a great QB but as I said earlier this year, they are way too one dimensional because of it.  Shut him down and they’re done. All the teams I listed previously should be able to do that.  They barely beat the Redskins last week and a transitioning team in the Bears yesterday.  There’s no staying power in that.

My prediction will be a redux of Super Bowl XLVII (minus one of the Harbaughs).  

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I take solace in knowing that GB won’t make the SB this year.  They don’t have nearly as good a team as does SF, NO or SEA.  Sure they have a great QB but as I said earlier this year, they are way too one dimensional because of it.  Shut him down and they’re done. All the teams I listed previously should be able to do that.  They barely beat the Redskins last week and a transitioning team in the Bears yesterday.  There’s no staying power in that.

My prediction will be a redux of Super Bowl XLVII (minus one of the Harbaughs).  

My fear is that they get to play all their games at the frozen tundra and end up in the big game. We all know that there is a real boner among refs and broadcasters for the Puckers. Witness what happened to us yesterday with the crap calls and the oozing over Aaron, etc. Give them a home game and all bets are off. Sad, but that's the league. Just ask the Pats.

20 hours ago, ChileBear said:

My fear is that they get to play all their games at the frozen tundra and end up in the big game. We all know that there is a real boner among refs and broadcasters for the Puckers. Witness what happened to us yesterday with the crap calls and the oozing over Aaron, etc. Give them a home game and all bets are off. Sad, but that's the league. Just ask the Pats.

Chile, the Packers suck.  THey will be easily bounced in the playoffs.  They are a fraud given victories by numerous officials.  

1 hour ago, madlithuanian said:

My pleasure!  But, I'll still be happier when they are literally bounced...

It’ll happen..don’t worry. 

One of my favorite things to say to my ‘friends’ who are Packers fans, and make it to the playoffs only to lose is; ‘Welcome to the offseason.’ 

20 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

It’ll happen..don’t worry. 

One of my favorite things to say to my ‘friends’ who are Packers fans, and make it to the playoffs only to lose is; ‘Welcome to the offseason.’ 

LOL!

I'm growing weary of all the Mahomes Trubisky comparison.  If you put Mahomes in the situation Trubisky had as a rookie till now is not even close in terms of supporting talent and coaching experience.  Let us have Travis Kelce out Tyreek Hill for just one week.  We don't have a single offensive player that they are envious of.  I hope Trubisky fully kicks his ass Sunday.