Bears at Packers Week 15 - Playoff Week W-3 Official Game Thread (Sun, Dec 15, 12:00PM CT/FOX/Bears +4.5, O/U 40.5)

adam

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

This was game was lost because of the shoes.  Whoever decided what cleats the Bears were wearing was wrong.  Packers had no issues on cuts and we had players constantly falling down on offense and defense.  

I saw that too. It's like we have to learn everything all over again,

Coaching.

11 hours ago, adam said:

There was also a blatant block in the back on the long kick return. Our player (#53) was pushed straight in the numbers right at the point of attack and no flag. Then you take the Patterson one which could've been a 14 pt swing and the ARob one where the guys has one arm hooked and the other around his back, and the Bears win by 10+. 

It's frustrating to say that the team needs to fight thru that and win, when GB doesn't have to. On an even officiated game, the Bears win with the same effort.

It is frustrating.  The Bears have enough struggles of their own that they don't need to have their opponents aided by the refs.  It just adds insult to injury.  Also irritating is it seems like the Packers seem to get more bad calls benefit them than any other team.  When they need a half ending hail marry type play, they are allowed to blatantly hold so Rodgers has all day to make a throw. 

We've had more than our fair share of bad calls this year, but for the most part I haven't felt like they were the difference us winning or losing.  Yesterdays certainly made in impact.  The Patterson call could have changed the first half a potential 14 point swing that could have given us momentum going going into the half possibly with a lead.  Instead we go into half down 7-3, then give up two quick TD's to start the second and the hole has been dug.  

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw the pic from a post DaWindyCity put on YouTube.  Seems to bolster your guys’ points on penalties.  And an article below by a Lions based website.  Who knew?

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/15/packers-are-first-in-nfl-lions-last-in-penalty-beneficiary-yards/amp/

5D889548-3D81-43D3-8AE6-2B1181B72AE9.jpeg

Man, not even the Pats get their butts kissed to this extent. I wish Halas was alive, he'd move that needle.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think this may be attributable to a QB with a good hard count, and defenses playing tough 3rd and 3 type scenarios rather than 3rd and 15 where penalties are less likely.

This chart may just show that Rogers is a good QB.

I don't know on that.  There are 4 future hall of famers below the line.

How many times have we seen the packers in a 3rd and long or a third and goal where you just know that even if the play fails the odds are they will get bailed out by a PI or a Def holding to give them a first down or a first and goal at the 1. Or someone breathes on Rodgers and it’s a roughing. It’s not always the yardage it’s that these gifts come at critical points in games. 

13 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

How many times have we seen the packers in a 3rd and long or a third and goal where you just know that even if the play fails the odds are they will get bailed out by a PI or a Def holding to give them a first down or a first and goal at the 1. Or someone breathes on Rodgers and it’s a roughing. It’s not always the yardage it’s that these gifts come at critical points in games. 

I just set my watch to it...