Hicks & Cohen Trying to Recruit Ebron

DABEARSDABOMB

He'll be about $2-3mil cheaper than Hooper.  He has his occasional drops but he'd still be the best TE by far on the roster.  The bigger concern is his mental state surrounding these drops:  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/10/01/colts-tight-end-eric-ebron-aims-stop-thinking-too-much/3834371002/

In Chicago he'll be dealing with fans who are already short tempered when it comes to offense.  He won't get much leeway before the boos start.  Plus is he the confidence builder we need for Trubisky?  

Shaheen is a goner. Burton may hang around with his contract. It makes more sense to bring in a rookie to develop than to go for more older players unless the Bears feel like their current window is closing, then they would go all in for 2020. Then Ebron would make more sense. 

10 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Trading what in exchange?  

A 2021 2nd. It's worth keeping the 2 2nds this year and getting a guy like that. I know it's more trading future picks, but I don't mind it for a known quantity. Idk if he even has that value tbh, it might only take a 3rd next year. I don't think they're allowed to trade their 4th this year, as their own was traded and the one they're getting is a comp pick. 

My guess is that Pace is going to trade down and try to get some extra picks with the Raiders 2nd. Someone from the back of the 2nd will want to trade up and give up their 3rd to do it. Always happens in the 2nd round.... a lot. 

1 hour ago, Elgin Slim said:

A 2021 2nd. It's worth keeping the 2 2nds this year and getting a guy like that. I know it's more trading future picks, but I don't mind it for a known quantity. Idk if he even has that value tbh, it might only take a 3rd next year. I don't think they're allowed to trade their 4th this year, as their own was traded and the one they're getting is a comp pick. 

My guess is that Pace is going to trade down and try to get some extra picks with the Raiders 2nd. Someone from the back of the 2nd will want to trade up and give up their 3rd to do it. Always happens in the 2nd round.... a lot. 

I agree the trade down is very likely.