2nd Round Mocks

adam

I don't know if it would work the same way during the draft. Like what freedom does he have to trade picks and who needs to approve? It seems like he has had a lot of freedom to trade up, which would be the same thing here. I think free agency will be telling. 

Made a trade with Atlanta, our two 2nds for their two, a 3rd and 4th.  Could fill a lot of needs, especially if these guys are all available were slotted. 

Your score is: 35078 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 15 (ATL): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A) - so taking the top off makes sense, let's see how it helps.
Round 2 Pick 23 (ATL): Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A-) -could become a good LT, challenges Leno/Massie day one. 
Round 3 Pick 14 (ATL): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A+)- a playmaking TE to develop to replace and push Burton. 
Round 4 Pick 13 (ATL): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)- road grading G, great chance to start right away. 
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida State (A+) lockdown corner, lacks size but can become a star on this D if pass rush exists.
Round 5 Pick 13: Patrick Johnson, DE/OLB, Tulane (A+)-nice skill set to rotate and eventually replace Floyd. (Edit:just watched some game film-pass in him)
Round 5 Pick 17: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A)-more speed to mix in with Monty and Cohen
Round 6 Pick 17: Antoine Brooks, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)-in the box S, can start off exceeding in ST, play nickle, or might start at SS.
Round 6 Pick 21: Riley Neal, QB, Vanderbilt (B+) - big arm QB to develop. 
Round 7 Pick 19: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)- best K in draft.

I really think this is a very realistic draft.  I would say that Reagor would have the most impact of any player we could draft that early.  A good TE would help a lot but the TE group is rated the lowest among all positional measures.  History tells us that 2 or 3  will be good TEs but rarely does rookie TEs have a large impact in the first year. Getting 2 potential OL starters if not in the first year but at least in year 2 would be a awesome draft. McFarland and Brooks would be first year contributors.  

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Made a trade with Atlanta, our two 2nds for their two, a 3rd and 4th.  Could fill a lot of needs, especially if these guys are all available were slotted. 

Your score is: 35078 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 15 (ATL): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A) - so taking the top off makes sense, let's see how it helps.
Round 2 Pick 23 (ATL): Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A-) -could become a good LT, challenges Leno/Massie day one. 
Round 3 Pick 14 (ATL): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A+)- a playmaking TE to develop to replace and push Burton. 
Round 4 Pick 13 (ATL): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)- road grading G, great chance to start right away. 
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida State (A+) lockdown corner, lacks size but can become a star on this D if pass rush exists.
Round 5 Pick 13: Patrick Johnson, DE/OLB, Tulane (A+)-nice skill set to rotate and eventually replace Floyd.
Round 5 Pick 17: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A)-more speed to mix in with Monty and Cohen
Round 6 Pick 17: Antoine Brooks, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)-in the box S, can start off exceeding in ST, play nickle, or might start at SS.
Round 6 Pick 21: Riley Neal, QB, Vanderbilt (B+) - big arm QB to develop. 
Round 7 Pick 19: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)- best K in draft.

You win the day if you are right on this one.  Love how McFarland keeps making guys grab air. That's acceleration we haven't seen since Hester was on the roster.  I'm not sure Hopkins last that long in a weak TE draft.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

You win the day if you are right on this one.  Love how McFarland keeps making guys grab air. That's acceleration we haven't seen since Hester was on the roster.  I'm not sure Hopkins last that long in a weak TE draft.  

It is all a bit unrealistic, but it is the time to dream.  Most of these guys will go higher than slotted here but to see the Bears land most of the position needs would be nice.  

After watching KC, the Bears need speed (Reager/McFarlans). They need the playcaller to be a little smarter and the QB to feel confident. 

12 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It is all a bit unrealistic, but it is the time to dream.  Most of these guys will go higher than slotted here but to see the Bears land most of the position needs would be nice.  

After watching KC, the Bears need speed (Reager/McFarlans). They need the playcaller to be a little smarter and the QB to feel confident. 

It would be nice to see an occasional 10 yd pass turn into a 50yd TD.  

The more I look at these mock drafts, I definitely want Pace to trade down (if he can) for both picks in the 2nd unless someone falls to him. Otherwise, get as much as you can in draft capital and get a later 2nd with an extra pick in the 3rd. 

The challenge will be finding trade partners where the compensation works. For the #43, the only teams with a 2nd and a 3rd that would work would be SEA, BAL, and TEN.

SEA - #59 (2nd), #100 (3rd Comp), #130 (4th), and a future 5th
BAL - #60 (2nd), #92 (3rd), #136 (4th Comp)
TEN - #61 (2nd), #128 (3rd), #174 (5th), and a future 5th

For 2nd and 4th's for our #43, DEN, ATL, NYJ, and PIT would be in play. So it seems like 7 options. 

At #50, the trade options would be SEA, BAL, TEN, and KC, as well as BUF (for a 2nd and 4th) and HOU (2nd and 3rd Comp). So it looks like 6 options there. 

I would prefer getting a 2nd and 3rd for a 2nd, (which would allow Pace to trade down in the 3rd and get a 4th), but if he could trade down #43 for a 2nd and a 3rd (say with BAL):

#43 for #60, #92, #136

and then trade #50 for #58 and #101 (w/HOU). That would give us:

2nd - #58 (from HOU), #60 (from BAL)
3rd - #92 (from BAL), #101 (from HOU)
4th - #136 (from BAL), #144 (Comp)
5th - #163
6th - #196
7th - #233

Those two trades would give the team 4 picks in the top 101 and 6 in the top 144. Not bad considering they would only have 3 going into the draft. There is a ton of value between the 3rd and 5th rounds this year.

1 hour ago, adam said:

The more I look at these mock drafts, I definitely want Pace to trade down (if he can) for both picks in the 2nd unless someone falls to him. Otherwise, get as much as you can in draft capital and get a later 2nd with an extra pick in the 3rd. 

The challenge will be finding trade partners where the compensation works. For the #43, the only teams with a 2nd and a 3rd that would work would be SEA, BAL, and TEN.

SEA - #59 (2nd), #100 (3rd Comp), #130 (4th), and a future 5th
BAL - #60 (2nd), #92 (3rd), #136 (4th Comp)
TEN - #61 (2nd), #128 (3rd), #174 (5th), and a future 5th

For 2nd and 4th's for our #43, DEN, ATL, NYJ, and PIT would be in play. So it seems like 7 options. 

At #50, the trade options would be SEA, BAL, TEN, and KC, as well as BUF (for a 2nd and 4th) and HOU (2nd and 3rd Comp). So it looks like 6 options there. 

I would prefer getting a 2nd and 3rd for a 2nd, (which would allow Pace to trade down in the 3rd and get a 4th), but if he could trade down #43 for a 2nd and a 3rd (say with BAL):

#43 for #60, #92, #136

and then trade #50 for #58 and #101 (w/HOU). That would give us:

2nd - #58 (from HOU), #60 (from BAL)
3rd - #92 (from BAL), #101 (from HOU)
4th - #136 (from BAL), #144 (Comp)
5th - #163
6th - #196
7th - #233

Those two trades would give the team 4 picks in the top 101 and 6 in the top 144. Not bad considering they would only have 3 going into the draft. There is a ton of value between the 3rd and 5th rounds this year.

Nice work.  I definitely agree.

XFL and Draft simulating this Saturday.  Liked a lot of these selections the simulator gave to me.

NFL DRAFT GAME 2020

Logged in as: ashkumbear

YOUR TEAM: CHICAGO BEARS

GAME OVER! 
 Your score is: 36810 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (DEN): Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DEN): Bradlee Anae, DE/OLB, Utah (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 19: McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas (A+)

I see a lot of people taking Jordan Fuller. I havent seen him play so I dont know how good he is or not, but I am pretty good friends with his mother, and their whole family is incredibly special.

His mom Cindy is one of the most popular background singers in the music business. She tours with Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan and the Stones, as well as working on a ton of records and commercials etc.

In addition to her incredible talent she is one of the sweetest and kindest and most authentic people I have ever met. I'm not personally religious, and I often find people who are very religious to be preachy or hypocritical. Not Cindy. She is religious and when you are in her immediate space, you can just feel the goodness pouring off of her. It's a hard thing to describe. It's like star power, but it's more authentic and wholesome.

Whatever Jordan's measure-ables are add the X factor to him, because I know he was raised about as right as any one ever was.

Wherever he lands, I wish him well in the NFL, and some team is going to be very lucky to have him in their locker room. And the moment will never be too big for him, he's used to all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more recent 2nd Round Mocks, I found it interesting that out of the few I looked at, there was not a single player picked in more than one mock (at either pick). So here are 10 players that might land on the team. The only pick I didn't like was Swift in the 2nd. We can't pick for luxury here. If there is not someone of value, you have to look to trade down. 

43 - Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia
50 - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

43 - Antoine Windfield Jr, S, Minnesota
50 - D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

43 - Jon Greenard, DE, Florida
50 - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri

43. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
50. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia

43. Lloyd Cushenberry III, OG/C, LSU
50. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

For position groups, which is somewhat of a more accurate science, the mocks picked:

OL - 3
TE - 3
----------
CB - 1
Edge - 1
S - 1
RB - 1

7 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Man, I just had an idea, what if we traded Mitch Trubisky for Andy Dalton, and to make the salaries work, we add Eddie Jackson as a sweetener. 

I would not trade Eddie Jackson for Andy Dalton.

18 minutes ago, adam said:

I would not trade Eddie Jackson for Andy Dalton.

What the?  I did not write that.  Not even where the null was.  I had actually made a comment about no QBs but realized you were only talking about 2nd round so I deleted it.  I’ll even disagree with myself and say no to getting rid of Eddie Jackson.  
How weird.  

🤨

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

🤨

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What the?  I did not write that.  Not even where the null was.  I had actually made a comment about no QBs but realized you were only talking about 2nd round so I deleted it.  I’ll even disagree with myself and say no to getting rid of Eddie Jackson.  
How weird......but I would definitely trade Roquan Smith for a punter!

I was messing with you, I just edited the quote in my reply like this ^

actually, any of us can do this. If you quote someone, you can just type inside the quote - whatever you want, and delete whatever you want. It can say anything.

It's good that we all know this so no one thinks someone said something they didnt actually say.