LOL

Bill

17 hours ago, AZ54 said:

What in the world makes anyone think Josh Rosen is better than Trubisky?  

Based just off of college stats...Rosen was a three year starter to Trubisky's one.  Rosen led his team to one Bowl game and nearly missed the Pac-12 championship his Freshman year  In the course of 30 games Rosen threw 9,340 yards with a completion rate of 60.9% and 59 TDs to 26 INTs.  In Trubisky's 31 total games he threw 4,762 yards with a 67.5% completion rate and 41 TDs to 10 INTs.    So maybe not A LOT better, but better in some categories?  To be fair, Rosen has been with two teams in his two years in the league whereas Trubisky has been with the same team for the last three.  Would Rosen cost less?  Maybe...

But realistically speaking, with Miami in the hunt for a top 5 draft pick and a decent number of College QB prospects, I don't see them doing anything majorly silly like trying to get Trubisky to come in and be 'evaluated'.  I do like the Leanord Floyd proposal though.  That makes some sense.  The Brady suggestion is sorta laughable in that if he were to leave NE he'd want a team with a decent defense to play for but that's about it.  He's really not a better option than Trubisky at this point.  The stats late last season showed Trubisky actually playing better than Brady.  Who knew?  

7 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Based just off of college stats...Rosen was a three year starter to Trubisky's one.  Rosen led his team to one Bowl game and nearly missed the Pac-12 championship his Freshman year  In the course of 30 games Rosen threw 9,340 yards with a completion rate of 60.9% and 59 TDs to 26 INTs.  In Trubisky's 31 total games he threw 4,762 yards with a 67.5% completion rate and 41 TDs to 10 INTs.    So maybe not A LOT better, but better in some categories?  To be fair, Rosen has been with two teams in his two years in the league whereas Trubisky has been with the same team for the last three.  Would Rosen cost less?  Maybe...

But realistically speaking, with Miami in the hunt for a top 5 draft pick and a decent number of College QB prospects, I don't see them doing anything majorly silly like trying to get Trubisky to come in and be 'evaluated'.  I do like the Leanord Floyd proposal though.  That makes some sense.  The Brady suggestion is sorta laughable in that if he were to leave NE he'd want a team with a decent defense to play for but that's about it.  He's really not a better option than Trubisky at this point.  The stats late last season showed Trubisky actually playing better than Brady.  Who knew?  

Brady won't go anywhere that doesn't have a good Oline. 

I also agree on the Floyd trade possibility although it's slight.  It would have to be to a team that viewed him as a long term 1st/2nd down player and that wanted to sign him to a deal representative of that role.  That could just as easily be us.  

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Floyd won't be going anywhere without a reasonable contract being done. If he signs a 4 year - 36 mil with 17 guaranteed , they will probably keep him.  To be honest, he seems like a Patriots type of player to me. 

I don't even know if he is worth that but it reasonable. To me, especially with Mack's cap hit, it might be too much for that output. Looking at other 3-4 OLB deals, anything between $7.7M-11.4M would be a top 10 contract for 3-4 OLBs. The 9th highest is $11.5M and the 10th is currently at $7.6M. Floyd is not a top 10 3-4 OLB. If you add 4-3 DEs into the mix, as a group, the top 23 make over $10M, #24 makes $9M (Ansah). 

I think a good comp to Floyd is Clelin Ferrell (LVR), he is 28th in Edge and just signed a new deal with his current cap hit at $7.8M a year. I would not pay more than $8M a year to Floyd. If Floyd is the #2 Edge player on the team, he should be somewhere in the 30's for Edge salaries as every other team should have their top Edge player making more than him. 

Also, with our needs elsewhere, we might not be able to commit over $30M a year to 2x Edge players with Mack's cap hit.