Robert Schmitz Top 10 QB Options for 2020

adam

A pretty decent breakdown for QB options. I don't think Carr is #1. Dalton and Keenum make sense. If you are going to go with Rosen, then you might as well consider Driskel or McCarron. If you are going to go with a vet option like Rivers, then why not someone like Matt Moore on the cheap? He played well in KC filling in for Mahomes. Knows the system. Brady is silly, and Alex Smith will never play football again.

1 hour ago, adam said:

A pretty decent breakdown for QB options. I don't think Carr is #1. Dalton and Keenum make sense. If you are going to go with Rosen, then you might as well consider Driskel or McCarron. If you are going to go with a vet option like Rivers, then why not someone like Matt Moore on the cheap? He played well in KC filling in for Mahomes. Knows the system. Brady is silly, and Alex Smith will never play football again.

First thing; I have to get me one of those jackets.  Second thing; is he doing this show in front of a green screen? 

And lastly, when he listed his number one as Carr (and all the reasons why) i stopped watching.  All he’s done is convince me that Carr is the best option if not to compete with Trubisky, to replace him.  I especially took notice of his comparison to what the Titans did with Mariota and Tanehill last year.  

You make good points about the rest of the QBs you listed. I especially like the idea of Moore and Smiths familiarity of this offense but also believe Smith may not be able to physically play again and Moore to me is more similar to our current back up Daniel.  If you look at the total package with money involved, this also helps these two.  But again, Carr to me is the best option...right now.  

11 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

First thing; I have to get me one of those jackets.  Second thing; is he doing this show in front of a green screen? 

And lastly, when he listed his number one as Carr (and all the reasons why) i stopped watching.  All he’s done is convince me that Carr is the best option if not to compete with Trubisky, to replace him.  I especially took notice of his comparison to what the Titans did with Mariota and Tanehill last year.  

You make good points about the rest of the QBs you listed. I especially like the idea of Moore and Smiths familiarity of this offense but also believe Smith may not be able to physically play again and Moore to me is more similar to our current back up Daniel.  If you look at the total package with money involved, this also helps these two.  But again, Carr to me is the best option...right now.  

Alaska,
Absolutely on the jacket, and yes, it's a really cool program. I need to find out what he uses.

I think Carr is the best option, but I don't know if he really is available. Going off what we know now, Dalton and Keenum seem like the most realistic options.

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’d be cool with Dalton as a 1a option.  Something about Keenum I just don’t trust/like.  And you mentioned McCarron who’d be an intriguing 1b option.  

Skip McCarron...his arm is too weak for the NFL.  

Does that jacket come with a cigar because it sure needs one?

12 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Skip McCarron...his arm is too weak for the NFL.  

Does that jacket come with a cigar because it sure needs one?

I am just throwing names out. The reasoning was to have someone come in to push Trubisky but not necessarily surpass him. McCarron should be a cheaper option and better option than Daniel to do that.

The jacket is on fire and needs a hat or cigar for sure, lol. The coolest part, he did all that in Unreal Engine. 

20 minutes ago, adam said:

I am just throwing names out. The reasoning was to have someone come in to push Trubisky but not necessarily surpass him. McCarron should be a cheaper option and better option than Daniel to do that.

If you are going to push somebody, they must have ability to do so athletically.  Agreed, Daniel is not it.  I do like Dalton and Mariota for it.

1 hour ago, adam said:

The reasoning was to have someone come in to push Trubisky but not necessarily surpass him.

But why not?  What if they get someone they find out is better at running the offense and understanding ‘football 200’?  What if that person is able to do it before the season starts?  Are WE concerned with making Pace look bad?  

12 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

But why not?  What if they get someone they find out is better at running the offense and understanding ‘football 200’?  What if that person is able to do it before the season starts?  Are WE concerned with making Pace look bad?  

No concerns for me.  The only real concern is at what cost because we have so many holes to fill.