Robert Quinn a bear

Stinger226

Also, looks like only the first two years guaranteed (5-year, $70 millions, with $30 million guaranteed), so while I question how long he'll still be effective, I'm pretty confident he will still be worth the $ for the first 2-3 years, after which they can cut him loose.

The Cowboys run a 4-3, right?  So does Quinn play at DE or OLB? 

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He's a player, he will fit in quite nicely.  He's going to turn 30 in May . We get 10 out of him and 15 out of Mack, you got something. This probably puts us in the top  front 3 in the league.  

Nichols-Goldman-Hicks- Mack- Smith-Trevathan- Quinn  

agree!

5 minutes ago, FlyfishingBear said:

What are you talking about 50% of the 1st are still on the team 😉

White - gone. 

Floyd - gone. 

Trubisky - here but may no be the starter anymore

Smith - Possible all pro

Only Smith has worked out.  Trubisky is a huge ? right now. 

Peace

8 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

What's your plan?

Peace

Foles?  Really? For a first round?  It’s no secret that I’m a fan of having Carr come here but i don’t even think he’d be worth trading a number one away for.

If the Bears are going to throw away 1st round picks, I don’t know that doing it on another QB is the right solution.  

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

its a great signing for sure.

I think I like it too. In watching a highlight film of him he seems pretty tenacious.  Not a “loaf” as Marinelli would refer to those that didn’t give all out.  For some reason to me it seems like he’s been playing forever.  But again, he looks like he still got some steam left in him.  With Mack on the line this’ll be fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Pace kicks us in the nuts yesterday and now makes us quit bad mouthing him.

Agreed.  I really like this move.  We signed him at a lower AAV than I thought it was going to be.    I wonder if Quinn took a bit less to be part of this Dline?  Really curious to hear him at the press conference.   

He's only two years older than Mack.  And almost everyone here wanted a replacement for Floyd and almost for the same price just a few years longer.  And with the Graham pickup, though I think for way to much money, and with most of the free agent QB's gone or on their way.  They might be thinking they are stuck with Mitch for next year and hope their D can get shut-outs every game.  Could be a long season of three an out on D and off.  smh

1 hour ago, Bill said:

He's only two years older than Mack.  And almost everyone here wanted a replacement for Floyd and almost for the same price just a few years longer.  And with the Graham pickup, though I think for way to much money, and with most of the free agent QB's gone or on their way.  They might be thinking they are stuck with Mitch for next year and hope their D can get shut-outs every game.  Could be a long season of three an out on D and off.  smh

I've been wondering this too. And if we are building around MT, get him some freakin pass protection!

More and more of my cut list from a couple weeks ago are being cut.

Its early, but its all coming...

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

I've been wondering this too. And if we are building around MT, get him some freakin pass protection!

More and more of my cut list from a couple weeks ago are being cut.

Its early, but its all coming...

Give him a running game too.  I really want another good RB to share the load with DM. 

We can also still afford a good SS FA and really build this D into something special.    Use the draft to fix offense Oline, WR, TE, RB and one CB.   

I think 2nd string RBs arent so hard to find. If the OL makes holes, they do OK, if they dont, they get nothing. So, not surprisingly, I think we need to get serious about the OL. And I think that is still to come this year too.

Montgomery averaged less than 4 yards a carry, we all agree the line was not good, but I don't know if Montgomery is any good either.  I'm not sure we even have a starting RB on the team yet. Defense is great,  but our offense was non-existent at times and when it was there it wasn't great.  I don't think rookie OL is going to get you what you need.  Makes me nervous going into next year with many of the same peices on offense.