adam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Stinger226 said:

I suspect the most important thing right now is they trade  back in the draft. The 4 picks in the top hundred is the best case scenario. With e everything happening we still get thr draft. 

Agreed about trading back.  But don’t we say this every year and then every year we trade up?  Heck, we even traded up to draft David Montgomery.  

On 3/31/2020 at 8:18 AM, adam said:

Tony Jefferson is still out there. Based on the uncertainty going on, I assume some players will want to sign contracts (to get signing bonus = immediately paid) sooner, rather than later.

I could very much see the Bears eventually signing him plus Osemele. Will give them a lot of flexibility heading into the draft.  I kind of think they take 2 wideouts with their first 3 picks (or a WR and TE) with the first 3 picks.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I could very much see the Bears eventually signing him plus Osemele. Will give them a lot of flexibility heading into the draft.  I kind of think they take 2 wideouts with their first 3 picks (or a WR and TE) with the first 3 

Maybe WR, CB, and TE but I would be disappointed if they avoid the oline.  I'd be really happy if they could land a top OT and G Bredsen with the first two.  Then find a Derek Henry RB and the D should be ranked number 1. 

We have 1 signing left in FAgency for a 1 yr deal worth 3 to 4 mil. Who do you choose? 

Now keep it realistic as to the player.  For example : A Clowney pickup would not be realistic. 

I think Eric Reid would fall in that category mainly because of his conflicts over his political stances. Last yr he had a 130 total tackles  and 4 sacks  I think  he would fit in well here. That's who I would choose. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We have 1 signing left in FAgency for a 1 yr deal worth 3 to 4 mil. Who do you choose? 

Now keep it realistic as to the player.  For example : A Clowney pickup would not be realistic. 

I think Eric Reid would fall in that category mainly because of his conflicts over his political stances. Last yr he had a 130 total tackles  and 4 sacks  I think  he would fit in well here. That's who I would choose. 

I think they are done with FAs until after the draft. They barely have enough cap space to sign that.  If that is the case, I think they are looking to draft their starting SS.  If they fail to, then back to rework some contracts and hit the market. 

55 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I think they are done with FAs until after the draft. They barely have enough cap space to sign that.  If that is the case, I think they are looking to draft their starting SS.  If they fail to, then back to rework some contracts and hit the market. 

Then we better start writing in which S we are going to draft at 43.  That's huge hole on our roster right now.  I'm reviewing tape of Chinn, Dugger, Delpit, Davis, Winfield.  We're not going to get McKinney so its likely among these options. 

As I've said before Delpit is my preference because I think he'll fit in immediately and be able to contribute.  Behind him I like Chinn or possibly Davis.  I like Chinn for his upside potential and he's a good fit for the downhill role we need right now.  Plus he will be surrounded with veterans to tell him where to go on each play.  That should mask his inexperience coming from a smaller school   Davis is another athletic talent, might be more of a backend FS type but I don't think we'd be in a bad spot with either one.  

Winfield seems like a good prospect albeit with a lower ceiling.  He's just 5'9" so that alone limits him against TEs, especially critical in the red zone.  I think Dugger is going to be lost his first year as he transitions to NFL speed and plays.  Athletically he fits the role but suspect special teams is where he starts his career.    

On 4/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, Stinger226 said:

I’m not really interested in many of the remaining FA SSs or CBs and kind of want to see what Deon Bush can do. My head says Mike Person, who would slot in to start at RG and keep Ifedi asa versatile back up, but my heart says get Markus Golden to solidify the pass rush for good. 

On 4/6/2020 at 12:11 AM, AZ54 said:

Then we better start writing in which S we are going to draft at 43.  That's huge hole on our roster right now.  I'm reviewing tape of Chinn, Dugger, Delpit, Davis, Winfield.  We're not going to get McKinney so its likely among these options. 

As I've said before Delpit is my preference because I think he'll fit in immediately and be able to contribute.  Behind him I like Chinn or possibly Davis.  I like Chinn for his upside potential and he's a good fit for the downhill role we need right now.  Plus he will be surrounded with veterans to tell him where to go on each play.  That should mask his inexperience coming from a smaller school   Davis is another athletic talent, might be more of a backend FS type but I don't think we'd be in a bad spot with either one.  

Winfield seems like a good prospect albeit with a lower ceiling.  He's just 5'9" so that alone limits him against TEs, especially critical in the red zone.  I think Dugger is going to be lost his first year as he transitions to NFL speed and plays.  Athletically he fits the role but suspect special teams is where he starts his career.    

It would be nice to see them sign a vet FA, but i have seen anywhere from 7-11 million of cap left and 5+ needed for the draft pool. With a little over 2 weeks until draft, I think they are now entrenched in that. Some extra fine tuning will need to be in place with it being virtual.  So player wise, I like Delpit early or maybe JR Reid from Georgia if they move down. Chinn is intriguing, a poor man's Harrison Smith, and I would be good with that.  The good thing is they have options to open up cap if the miss on the draft.  Out of all the positions, I see WR and S with the need for impacts right away. I think if they keep 43, there's a good chance they go WR unless Delpit falls. Reid, out of the Bears south farm system, is close to Roquan.  I can see Pace taking him if he can acquire a 3rd rd pick with a move down. A week from now is when smoke screens start flying, should give us some entertainment. 

I hope the Bears can extend ARob and bring in Tony Jefferson at SS. That would fill another hole before going into the draft. That way you have more freedom to move down. If we have starter holes to fill, you almost have to stand pat and draft the guy if he is there at 43 or 50. Otherwise SS might be the #1 need on the team right now.

If Ifedi is the answer at RG competing with Bars and Coward, then you don't really need to draft one early this year. However, if the team doesn't trust Massie/Leno, then a young OT could be a target early. They can challenge to start or end up as a swing tackle. 

If you have Burns and Toliver compete for CB2, then that is another hole filled. We have no depth at ILB, so that is a sneaky place I could see the team going early, same with OLB. There is a good chance that a LB is selected within the first two picks. Based on Quinn's deal, I could see them adding an Edge Rusher to backup Mack/Quinn and ultimately replace Quinn in a year or two. For ILB, the same thing, I could see them bringing in a guy to groom to replace Trevathan in a few filling in the void left by Kwit and KPL.

For offensive skill positions, even though the team let Gabriel go, he was gone for a good chunk of the season and the team did fine without him. If they do anything, it will be to add speed. The biggest hole was TE, which Graham should fill. I think RB2 may now be the biggest hole on the offense, unless you consider Nall as RB2. So they may go RB early to compliment Monty. For TE, we have over 10 on the roster so I can't see them adding to that group, then having to cut it down to get to the 53-man roster.

Here are the positions I think the Bears still may target at some point in the draft or UDFA (in no order):

Starting positions:
1. SS1 - Bush
2. CB2 - Toliver/Burns
3. RG1 - Ifedi/Bars

Key Backup/Rotational:
1. RB2 - Nall
2. OLB3 - Irving
3. ILB3 - Woods

Need for upgrades:
1. Speedy WR - None
2. OT - Leno/Massie
3. DL - Anderson/Urban

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think Delpit is the second S off the board and will not make it to us. I think Chinn is a high risk being a great athlete from  a small school . Insert Adam Shaheen?? .

I agree on that concern.  Here's his game against NDSU, a team that's had some pretty good talent in recent years.  You will see some mis-steps but when he's got his assignment correct early he's pretty good.  He also does a good job navigating through traffic even among the big boys.   On some of his blitzes he's like a missile coming through the gap.  Same things on plays sometimes when he's 15 yards deep he can close to LOS ahead of his CB.  I've watched a couple games of Chinn and Dugger and I'd say Chinn is a much better player at this point.  

7 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The first 4 picks are excellent but picking 2 DTs doesn't make a lot of sense since we have depth in the Dline . I don't see us drafting 2 WRs either. 

I second that thought on the first 4 picks.  I'd be happy with that draft right there.  Later instead of the duplicate WR and DTs we should grab someone at OLB, ILB.   

12 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I second that thought on the first 4 picks.  I'd be happy with that draft right there.  Later instead of the duplicate WR and DTs we should grab someone at OLB, ILB.   

Agreed on both counts.  I couldn't find value at the picks we had for what you guys suggested.  It was definitely on my mind.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I spent some time researching these players to make sure they fit.  I was also able to realistically trade down twice to get two 3rd round picks.  What do y'all think?

20200408_195227.jpg

I just don't think any of the first three picks will be available when we draft in the 2nd.

Would anyone object if we just drafted all NFL legacies . . .

43) Antoine Winfield, Jr., S, Minnesota (son of Antoine Winfield)

50) Jalen Reagor, WR, Arizona State (son of Montae Reagor) or Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, USC (son of Michael Pittman)

163) Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (son of Randy Moss)

196) Lamical Perine, RB, Florida (cousin of Samaje Perine and Myles Jack)

200) Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina (son of Andy Heck)

226) Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (son of Alfred Montez - never played in a game but was on the Raiders' roster for a year)

233) Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (son of Jon Runyan)

9 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

50) Jalen Reagor, WR, Arizona State (son of Montae Reagor) or Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, USC (son of Michael Pittman)

226) Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (son of Alfred Montez - never played in a game but was on the Raiders' roster for a year)

If only there was a Mike Brown Jr (Nebraska) then it would be perfect.  Yes I like what you propose. I especially like the Moss and Runyan picks. I have a feeling they’re going to do well at this level.  Isn’t there some kid from USC that has a deep rooted family affiliation to the NFL too?  

44 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Lol, good one!  Don't forget Pittman...

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Dawizz, Da Man!

Van Jefferson would also be an option if we traded down and got a mid-round pick.  There are also some other safety option if we miss out on Winfield (Jeremy Chinn is Steve Atwater's nephew and JR Reed is Dale Carter's nephew).