Draft two players or positions to nail round 2 if we cannot trade down

ASHKUM BEAR

First-pick.com shifted their rankings. Some opposite as miller and others. Didn't get a solid SS but took the trades and came out pleased.

Your score is: 36887 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 18: Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27 (SEA): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYG): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (PHI): Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (MN) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Trevon Hill, DE/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Darrynton Evans, RB, App. St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12: Alohi Gilman, FS, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Joe Gaziano, DT, Northwestern (B+)

42 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

First-pick.com shifted their rankings. Some opposite as miller and others. Didn't get a solid SS but took the trades and came out pleased.

Your score is: 36887 (GRADE: B+) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 18: Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27 (SEA): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYG): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (PHI): Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (MN) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Trevon Hill, DE/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Darrynton Evans, RB, App. St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 12: Alohi Gilman, FS, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Joe Gaziano, DT, Northwestern (B+)

I like it but I'd likely swap out Adams for that SS we're missing.  Trade the last two picks to move up and grab Adams when he's sitting there in the 6/early 7th.  

I think JR Reed was available when I took Adam's also.  I wanted to make sure I got Adam's or Bartch, took Adam's bc last year he was rated 1st rd material until he got hurt.  Then after that no SS were available. Gilmans profile fit more of a ss than fs with the leftovers.  So we can scratch Adam's for Reed. 

I've been using this site, where trades are a bit harder to make and therefore I think a little more realistic: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I traded down with both 2nd round picks and thought I did pretty well here:

Jaylon Johnson
CB Utah

Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

Ashtyn Davis
S Cal

Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis

John Simpson
G Clemson

Thaddeus Moss
TE LSU

Quez Watkins
WR Southern Miss

Alex Taylor
OT SC State

Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami

Carter Coughlin
OLB Minnesota

3 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I can still see Mitchell emerging as an above average QB. Elite, absolutely not, but I can still see him being a pretty good QB in this league, but the window is closing.  AM excited to see how he responds to this entire situation.  

To me, he has to be in the perfect system to excel. He is a one-read QB, which is fine, but limited. He is an athlete that plays QB. He has never really been an elite QB. He couldn't win the starting job at NC, and he used his athleticism to make plays there. He has the physical ability to make some elite plays, but just doesn't have the processing speed to make those split second decisions that are needed. He makes up for that with his arm strength, but that is too inconsistent to bet on.

58 minutes ago, adam said:

To me, he has to be in the perfect system to excel. He is a one-read QB, which is fine, but limited. He is an athlete that plays QB. He has never really been an elite QB. He couldn't win the starting job at NC, and he used his athleticism to make plays there. He has the physical ability to make some elite plays, but just doesn't have the processing speed to make those split second decisions that are needed. He makes up for that with his arm strength, but that is too inconsistent to bet on.

I'm rooting for him, but I think he's just going to be mid level at best.

3 hours ago, adam said:

I have no knowledge to critique any football players.  I take those of you on here's opinion and the so called experts.  My eyes say he is a capable QB but just seems to not process the info that's before him in the few seconds that a QB gets in today's NFL.  Hopefully they can mitigate his weakness's and build on his strength's going forward and allow him to reach is potential.  I do believe Foles has the ability to process those options and make reads quickly.  Why I thought they should of traded for him last year.  Now can he do that on a game by game season has shown, not so much.

I see a lot of good names in this thread that would probably require some luck for them to fall to us at #43.

Assuming that we don't get any luck, the four I'm looking at are

WR KJ KAMLER
OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
S KYLE DUGGER
TE KOLE KMET

Kammler would have to be taken at #43, the other three will likely be there at #50. Kammler would be the new Gabriel.

Of course if some better players drop, that could be a great opportunity. But if nothing lucky happens, I think Kamler and Wanogho would be fine picks. You guys know I want someone at OLT, so if Kamler isnt available, Dugger would be a great fit too.

I admit it would require too much luck for Austin Jackson to fall to #43, but I can dream...