RB JJ Taylor

AZ54

This is how we want Tarik Cohen to run but he's at home happy with his 4ypc.  I'm not saying we should draft Taylor because his pass protection isn't that good and he's undersized so his pass catching radius (like Cohen's) isn't the best but he's a tough runner who will get north/south very quickly and he's not afraid to knock a defender down.  He runs a 4.61 forty at the combine but his film shows he's faster than that.  With that slow time he'll definitely be available on Day 3 and possibly even UDFA.  

I can’t pretend to know Pace’s mindset, but if I were them I would be looking more for a late round pick (like we have much of a choice) with decent speed, but who also has the frame to carry the load if Montgomery falters or gets hurt. Cohen’s not that guy and Nall is the only other RB on the roster I think. My “guys” are Darrynton Evans, Antonio Gibson, and Rico Dowdle. 

2 hours ago, dawhizz said:

I can’t pretend to know Pace’s mindset, but if I were them I would be looking more for a late round pick (like we have much of a choice) with decent speed, but who also has the frame to carry the load if Montgomery falters or gets hurt. Cohen’s not that guy and Nall is the only other RB on the roster I think. My “guys” are Darrynton Evans, Antonio Gibson, and Rico Dowdle. 

I like Evans and Gibson.  I hadn't seen anything on Dowdle but he's a good player, runs with a little fire.  He's not going to get much on his own but he knows how to find the crease and get north in a hurry.  Not bad for Day 3 option.  He makes some Alabama players work for their tackles in this game, and he played hard right to last whistle.