Interesting Article On Altered Draft Process

dawhizz

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/nfl-draft-matt-hennessy-temple-eagles-coronavirus-scouting-preparation-20200328.html

I has been wondering if teams were still trying to do top 30 “visits” and workouts by video and thus article gives some details on how that’s going. I assume we won’t get as much notice of those as we have in the past, since in the past reporters could just camp out at the facility and see who goes in and out. Sounds like the biggest part of the process that will be affected is medical checks. I had kind of bookmarked some prospects I could see Pace looking at as bargain players with part medical red flags a la Eddie Jackson, like Trey Adams and Bryce Hall, but how does this process change you’re willingness to make that call. Will be interesting to see. 

It will definitely be interesting if they don't postpone it altogether. It will be interesting to see what teams do in states that have stay at home orders. They are definitely non-essential personnel, so no draft rooms packed with people. After the extension of the social distancing thru 30 APR, I think the league will have to postpone it until at least May. What do you think? How can teams meet at work if they are deemed non-essential?

They have time to put this together.  There is more risk involved when injuries come into play but it will just have to put in the  contract , valid after physical. I have to give them credit for not letting hysteria control the moment and figure out a way to make it work.  It's the only sports we have right now. 

Their all playing from the same rule book so may the best team win.   They did this for decades going only on scouts and game tape.  Maybe it will work out even better now that they don't have all the pro days and they just go off of how they played in real games.  Less reaches for that freak player who did not show much in games but boy he can run fast and jump high lets take a flyer over the "football" player.