Bears Pre-Draft Interviews

dawhizz

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We have our 2 backups on the roster,  if they didn't think they could potentially contribute, I don't think they would be on the roster.  For some reason a lot of people think we can't develop players, that's the way good teams do it. Tolliver and Joseph( CBs ) have been kept around for the third year now, so not sure why so many think CB is one of our neediest positions. It's a question mark but so are later round draft picks. I think we have some rostered players that could step up this yr. 

Bars 

Coward (improves )

Tolliver 

Joesph 

Shelly

Denmark 

Woods 

Ridley 

Wims 

Holtz 

Horsted 

Vaughters 

A few of them might surprise us.

Im not one who necessarily thinks CB is a need.  I agree that Tolliver can rise to the occasion.  But when you said Joseph I had to ask myself; ‘who the hell is that guy’?  Turns out he’s been a practice roster guy the Bears picked up after he went undrafted out of the University of Dubuque.  (Sounds to me like another attempt by Pace to get cute).  Anyhow the only way he made the active roster last year was after 9 other players had been put on IR.  So I’m not sure he’s the solution for depth...unless you’re talking 3rd string on down.  Probably why they signed players like Roberson and Burns.  

Yes it’s possible we have our two backups on the roster for ILB.  But I’m not as sure as you are.  And to allay Mongos concerns, I wasn’t suggesting a high draft pick to fill that void.  Maybe a later round maybe a pickup up post draft.  Early round picks will be for some Offensive help and SS. 

I'm not saying that Woods and Iggy are the answer but the fact we didn't add a backup in FAGENCY suggests they have more faith in them that fans do. I still think a draft pick and vet after the draft are still in play. Tolliver was also a UDFA and he seems to have developed more than Joseph but the fact they haven't replaced Joseph yet , maybe he still could make it. He was considered a 6th or 7th round pick and being 6'1" with speed , 15 int , 40 pbs he was worth taking a chance on. 

41 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm not saying that Woods and Iggy are the answer but the fact we didn't add a backup in FAGENCY suggests they have more faith in them that fans do. I still think a draft pick and vet after the draft are still in play. Tolliver was also a UDFA and he seems to have developed more than Joseph but the fact they haven't replaced Joseph yet , maybe he still could make it. He was considered a 6th or 7th round pick and being 6'1" with speed , 15 int , 40 pbs he was worth taking a chance on. 

Toliver was actually being mocked in the 2nd round the year he came out. Have no idea why he wasn't drafted. I would have thought that teams would have taken a shot on him in the 5th round or later. 

9 minutes ago, Elgin Slim said:

Toliver was actually being mocked in the 2nd round the year he came out. Have no idea why he wasn't drafted. I would have thought that teams would have taken a shot on him in the 5th round or later. 

Lots of character and injury issues caused him to drop.  I remember his family showing up to training camp to support him his first year and some stories about helping him to get back on track.  He has the physical talent to succeed.    

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kevin-toliver?id=3219544f-4c42-6207-7d7a-0c03abd108b9

Football character is considered a problem

Former coaches fret over his attitude and immaturity