Draft Board Movement

AZ54

We're starting to see some nearly final draft boards.  There are some surprising changes or maybe wide variance in player grades from one to the next.  Rotoworld has Chase Claypool list #26 overall!  He was 4th Rd prospect 2 months ago.  Josh Jones OT and a favorite of sorts on the board for our 43rd pick is listed #19 overall.  Denzel Mims another 2-3rd prospect is #12 overall.  Antonio Gibson RB/WR another oft mentioned 4th/5th Rd target for us is listed at #39.  His production and lack of a formal position (meaning he couldn't win either job) moves him way down my board.  

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/nfl-draft-preview/norris-nfl-draft-rankings-top-50-0

Bleacher Report has two safeties ranked ahead of Grant Delpit.  That could bode well for us if he's a target, or I suppose if you really value the other two they ranked ahead of him (McKinney, Winfield).  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883386-nfl-draft-400-matt-millers-latest-2020-big-board-with-1-month-to-go#slide12

Without the normal visits and pro day info, where I think a lot of rumor mill stuff is picked up, this is going to be one interesting draft.  

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Always happens every year. This board always seemed to find guys that we thought we would maybe get in 3rd, 4th etc and they go rounds higher. Then there are players we thought would go higher and go undrafted. This draft will definitely be interesting

This board finds a lot of players who turn out to be good in the NFL, even those who go on Day 3.  

There is a big community that writes on sports.  A lot of them call themselves experts when we know there is very  few that knows what they're doing. An example of erza Cleveland  was no where To be found on draft boards, now he's  a top 50 pick. Its GMs jobs to evaluate players and they get 50% wrong in the  first round. So I think some are smart and some are lucky and the  rest change jobs every 4 years. 

Pace have missed badly on the first rounders but does well on mid and late round picks.  I like he is aggressive,  some players hit and some fail.  In the last 2 yrs we are 20-13. So I'm viewing the upside of the last two years and thinking we're going to make the playoffs and do well. I like everything he has did so far except over pay for Graham deal but it's not my money so as long as we win this yr, he can have 5 Graham's on the team. 

I think if  he trades back and  gets extra picks in the top 100 , I'm all in on his choices. 

OL, WR, SS and TE should be our first 4 picks.