Positions in need of talent

ASHKUM BEAR

Looking at the roster this morning. This team is in dire need of talent at S. Then at RG, CB, WR. These are first concerns IMO. 

S- we have Eddie Jackson, that is it. Deon Bush, Jordan, Lucas, DHC, and Kentrell Brice behind him. 

RG-This may have been shored up with German "the tank" Ifedi (made that up) and Cowerd. LG we have Daniel's and Corey Levin. I still would like Ifedi to challenge OT. 

WR-LWR is Robinson, Slot is Miller, leaving RWR to Wims. Depth Riley at slot. Patterson, Ives, and Davis as other backups. 

CB-Fuller locked down with Tolliver, Burns competing opposite. Skrine and Shelley NB, and J Michael.

I do see other needs at RB, OT, ILB, and QB.

RB-Monty is the horse, Cohen but should be occasionally used in gadgets, and then Nall

OT-Leno and Massie with Bars as backup. Ifedi maybe. 

ILB-Trevathan and Smith, with Iggy and Woods as only back ups.

QB-Foles and Trubisky, which one most likely leaves after the season. Bray is 3rd. 

Which positions of need can they sacrifice with limited picks? 

Lets say we are able to trade down once with a 2nd and get back a 2nd and 3rd. Some needs will have to wait.

2a Jalen Reager WR - competes with Wims, get a guy who will threat the deep route to stretch the D.

2b-Ben Bredson RG-this moves Ifedi to challenge Leno and Massie at OT. 

3-Kyle Dugger SS - frees Eddie to play FS. Think our D would feed him and he would feed the D, building momentum during games.

5 Anthony Gordan QB - need to groom a backup for 2021. Maybe be the next Minshew.

6- Harrison Hand CB - length, quick feet, and can challenge Tolliver/Burns but may need a year to bulk some strength. 

6 Darryton Evan's RB - brings more speed without sacrificing height. Can catch too

7- Cameron Clark LT - depth to groom and push Leno

7 Rodrigo Blankenship K- is Peniro the answer? Needs good competition so we never have that fiasco again

TE, OLB, ILB missed out but they have players under contract at TE/OLB.  Bears will need to add a vet at ILB, which I am fine with. 

I think all the Anthony Gordon hype comes from watching his highlights because it can't be because of all the bad throws/reads he makes. We have Foles and Trubisky...two backups if you will.  We don't need a 3rd backup QB.  That 5th Rd pick could easliy go to adding depth at OLB which we really need.  Trevis Gipson, Trevon Hill are a couple and there are a few others.  These are all backup type talents for sure.  If you want a high energy guy who likely becomes a special teams stalwart go get Alex Highsmith.  

I think at some point they need to start addressing the QB position. Maybe not with Gordon, but find one between rounds 4-6.  Waste the draft pick every other year if it one day lands the Bears a Tom Brady haha. We have 2 extra roster spots this year, one needs to be reserved for QB grooming only imo.  I don't care if they keep 4 QBs, but I want to see a QB drafted by the Bears become great and win us another Superbowl.  

I agree with the QB position but I think we might have to do that next year. This year we have two that will battle and see who takes us to the playoffs. If not there will be a new GM that will start over. Bray is back because this year the 3rd guy won't be up to speed with the offense. 

I doubt we draft a kicker but love  the first 3 picks, don't know enough about Gordon to say ya or nay. 

We have backups on the team that could step up and play well, it seems like to many people dismiss that possibility.  Tolliver, Bars, Bush.

That was a topic on 670 one morning, they were talking about should the Bears sign Stephen Gostowkski.  There were times last year Nagy did not trust the Kicker, which he may have been hurt too, but went for it when 3 points would have helped. 

It was the last pick in the 7th, I took the top rated K which isnt a huge need in my eyes but if he is better than what we have why not. 

I agree QB will be taken the following year, but if there is a player Nagy, Defilippo, Lazzar and Ragone think can be an NFL QB in 2 years, bring him in. Our 2021 QBs will most likely be Foles, rookie, and Bray.  I would feel better having a #2 being someone other than a rookie or Bray, but that is me.  We know the fans will urge the Bears to start the rookie too soon.  

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I agree with the QB position but I think we might have to do that next year. This year we have two that will battle and see who takes us to the playoffs. If not there will be a new GM that will start over. Bray is back because this year the 3rd guy won't be up to speed with the offense. 

I doubt we draft a kicker but love  the first 3 picks, don't know enough about Gordon to say ya or nay. 

We have backups on the team that could step up and play well, it seems like to many people dismiss that possibility.  Tolliver, Bars, Bush.

If we go to the playoffs we're not getting a new GM.  We'll go the route KC did with Andy Reed and let the GM/head coach combo pick the new QB.   I'd much prefer that to starting over completely.  

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Also, if Nagy gets fired after this year, Pace will too.

I can't see Nagy getting fired, his track record is much better than Pace's. It's not his fault that he had to deal with Pace's first round failures. Pace has been saved by ARob, Hicks, Mack, and EJack. That's the elite core of the team right now holding it together. If the team loses anyone of those guys (like they did with Hicks), the season is over.

7 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

"has only done" and "he and Nagy"

Are you OK?

Seriously you're correcting my grammar and you're asking me if ( I'm okay). Psychology today magazine did an article about people that correct grammar on social media.  It's very interesting, I think it was Aug edition but I'll find it for you. You seem to be the only on here that cares about shit like that.    If that bothers you, they have medication for that.

nah, you seem to have forgotten you said the same BS to me yesterday about a joke I made.

Seems you can dish it out but not take it. Not surprising tho.

I think you need to watch your tone here going forward, because youre basically a turd.

Either:

1) give and take

or

2) stfu

because this third way of dishing it out and then becoming a snowflake is pathetic.

flyfishing - dont equivocate me with this troll.

Also, youre not promoting anything positive here calling us ladies are you?

Why dont you take a moment and try to find out who is who here before you put on your hall monitor sash over that dress?

3 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

flyfishing - dont equivocate me with this troll.

Also, youre not promoting anything positive here calling us ladies are you?

Why dont you take a moment and try to find out who is who here before you put on your hall monitor sash over that dress?

Just having some fun, NYC.  You two can argue all damn day if you want, I really don't care. I'm on here to try to escape the daily bullshit we're all going through right now. I'm not a "hall monitor" for anyone, it was meant as a joke.  That's all I'm going to say about that. 

GO BEARS! 

20 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

nah, you seem to have forgotten you said the same BS to me yesterday about a joke I made.

Seems you can dish it out but not take it. Not surprising tho.

I think you need to watch your tone here going forward, because youre basically a turd.

Either:

1) give and take

or

2) stfu

because this third way of dishing it out and then becoming a snowflake is pathetic.

You got me on that one, I forgot I did that , your kinda using strong language calling me a ( turd). Just joking, I  haven't heard that  term since I was in grade school. Since both  of us don't get each others sense of humor, I'll quit responding to your posts if that makes you feel better. 

51 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

You got me on that one, I forgot I did that , your kinda using strong language calling me a ( turd). Just joking, I  haven't heard that  term since I was in grade school. Since both  of us don't get each others sense of humor, I'll quit responding to your posts if that makes you feel better. 

that works, or even better, if we just avoid personal attacks, we can still talk about everything else.