Mock Draft Live

Bill

So have been doing the draft with wcg and we have traded back at 43 to 48 and another pick.  With 48 we picked Isaiah Wilson and with the 50th traded back again and now have 57 and two more picks.  Lester Wilfong is doing the draft and doing the trades etc.  Then a poll is taken to see who those of us want to do with a dozen choices of bpa or trade back.  Good way to spend a sunday when we are in the middle of the hardest raining storm in nrca i have ever seen this morning

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

So have been doing the draft with wcg and we have traded back at 43 to 48 and another pick.  With 48 we picked Isaiah Wilson and with the 50th traded back again and now have 57 and two more picks.  Lester Wilfong is doing the draft and doing the trades etc.  Then a poll is taken to see who those of us want to do with a dozen choices of bpa or trade back.  Good way to spend a sunday when we are in the middle of the hardest raining storm in nrca i have ever seen this morning

If we can trqade back a couple of slots and get significant picks for doing it, I would love to see that.

Of course that means someone else wants to move up, so it's not always so easy to find a trading partner for it, or when you do, they dont quite offer enough value etc.

But for sure, all things being equal, if Pace can pick up more picks and still get guys he is targeting, then that is win / win.

Damn, going from 43 to 48 and only getting a 5th and then from 50 to 57 for a late 5th and 7th (which is basically worthless)? 

I like the idea of trading back, but not if we can only get a 5th in return. It will be interesting to see who got picked from 43-47 and from 50-56. 

Does anyone have a link to the draft results?

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think those  picks align very well with the opinions we get on this forum as far as positions of need. 

It's impossible to know who we gave up by trading back so makes the value proposition a big unknown.  One thing is clear from the comments we could have had Zach Baun at 43 and I'd have stayed put and taken him.   He puts legitimate depth into our pass rush and he can help cover open field by dropping back into coverage which is something Quinn nor Mack are good at.   

Lloyd Cushenberry went at #46, I would rather have him at #43 than Wilson at 48 and a 6th. Wilson is still a project and you need a starter in the 2nd round. 

Jaylon Johnson went at #50, I would have taken him at #50 instead of Shenault at #57 and a 6th. Johnson is BPA and fills a need at CB.

Here are the picks between 43-56. We had 43 and traded down to 48. We had 50 and traded down to 57. 

43.Tee Higgins - Original Pick
44.Marlon Davidson
45.Jacob Eason
46.Lloyd Cushenberry
47.Cesar Ruiz
48.Isaiah Wilson BEARS
49.Zack Baun
50.Jaylon Johnson - Original Pick 
51.Adam Trautman
52.Michael Pittman Jr.
53.Brandon Aiyuk
54.Julian Okwara
55.Joe Bachie
56.Cole Kmet
57.Laviska Shenault BEARS

Here is mine without trades:

K.J. Hamler
WR Penn State

Lloyd Cushenberry
C LSU

Josiah Deguara
TE Cincinnati

Antoine Brooks Jr.
S Maryland

James Robinson
RB Illinois State

Juwan Johnson
WR Oregon

Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

I tried to stick to BPA as much as possible. 

With trades:

Noah Igbinoghene
CB Auburn
Lloyd Cushenberry
C LSU
Anthony McFarland
RB Maryland
Jake Fromm
QB Georgia
Josiah Deguara
TE Cincinnati

Nevelle Clark
CB UCF

Broderick Washington Jr.
DT Texas Tech

Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

Rodrigo Blankenship
K Georgia

It seems that Lester didn't really try too hard on the trades. I tried two (just to get a 4th in return) and instead of 43 and 50, I got 54, 56, 128, and 141. Still not the best value, but better than 6th's. I am going to see if I can get a 3rd in some of the trades.

So it was definitely possible to get better trades, Lester was probably trying to just go quick. Here is one with trade downs from 43-51, and 50-61. So I used 43, 50 to get 56, 61, 93, and 141. I got 2x 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th for the 2x 2nds. 

Terrell Lewis
OLB Alabama
Jeremy Chinn
S Southern Illinois
Adam Trautman
TE Dayton
K.J. Hill
WR Ohio State
Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis

Nevelle Clark
CB UCF

Nick Harris
C Washington

Rodney Clemons
S SMU

Steven Montez
QB Colorado

So while drinking some coffee this morning, I ran the sim 10 times to pick 42 to see which players had the highest probability that they would be available at 43. Here are the 8 most likely players available at pick 43:

Marlon Davidson, DE Auburn
Cesar Ruiz, C Michigan
Jacob Eason, QB Washington
Lloyd Cushenberry, C LSU
Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn
Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame

Now the interesting thing is we have pick 43 and 50, so technically we would be able to get 2 from this group. If you could pick any two, which two would you choose?

3 hours ago, adam said:

So while drinking some coffee this morning, I ran the sim 10 times to pick 42 to see which players had the highest probability that they would be available at 43. Here are the 8 most likely players available at pick 43:

Marlon Davidson, DE Auburn
Cesar Ruiz, C Michigan
Jacob Eason, QB Washington
Lloyd Cushenberry, C LSU
Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn
Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame

Now the interesting thing is we have pick 43 and 50, so technically we would be able to get 2 from this group. If you could pick any two, which two would you choose?

Of those, I would take Ruiz and Johnson.