Confused? Am I stupid

Stinger226

9 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He can make the throws but he still struggles to read defenses.  I do not understand why that will improve when it didn't under two of the best college coaches?  This isn't a Trubisky situation where he only played one year.  I do agree that Prescott is a decent comp for him, Watson exhibited far more leadership as a starter in college. 

Yes the knock on him is his inability to read defenses. But that is also why he was projected early on as a third round prospect.  The one thing he is not; careless. According to the below article, while Hurts played in the OU offense last year he was 77% accurate on passes in the 11-15 yard range and ended up with a 192 QBR.  (7th best in FBS history).  In another article, OU HV Coach Riley was credited with “opening up the field for him”.  He added; “Fundamentally, I’ve had to very little for him.”  Many would say he’s a perfect fit for the RPO / WCO style offense that Nagy runs.  

As far as leadership I’d say look no further than all four years he played he went to the FBS playoffs.  One of those he came in as a backup to win after Tua went down with an injury.  

Many “experts” admit to him needing time to develop and not be forced into playing right away.  Couldn’t ask for a better scenario in Chicago. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/22/21219687/jalen-hurts-nfl-draft-2020-oklahoma-alabama

On 4/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, Stinger226 said:

I listen to a ton of bears podcasts and read almost every article written on them , I'm bored, and so many of these bears people place CB as one of their important needs.  A lot of them are mocking a CB either as the first or second pick. 

My logic tells me that the bears are going all in on winning this year. As I look at needs, I have to look at who is already on the team. 

Tolliver, Burns, Robinson Xavier Crawford, Denmark, Fuller, Joseph, McManis, Skine, and Shelly.  They have a lot of capital invested in the position already. Knowing which ones are good or not are still a question but they have many options  

At S they have 5 , 1 star and a backup that might be okay. Burns.  Lucas is probably not a starter but a good depth player.  I am going to say S is a much more critical issue than CB. Also , I think Az suggested that the SS is going to be more valuable to the team. With a stout pass rush,  considering they will have to cover TEs and RBs, that position should be more valuable than the CB2 spot. I agree 

We need to upgrade the oline and add more speed to a bad offense whether Wr, TE or a RB. 

So why are all these experts keep picking a CB high? 

I DON'T GET IT 

TE is important but they have 9 on the team. So as much as I think they draft both a TE and a CB, I just don't see it until the last few rounds. 

Haha.  Hopefully we find out they drafted 2 perennial pro bowlers at these positions.  With Nagy;'s offense, Kmet is just going to open up so much.  I'm not big on Graham, but having Graham, Robinson, and Kmet will be much better. Miller is going to have to step up (and Kmet is a rookie so we have to temper expectations no matter what...but I really think the Bears finally found one).  

They still need some speed at wideout...like big time they are lacking that.  But the offense got a lot better this year, purely by the massive upgrades at TE.  We need to hope the oline got a lot better via coaching/scheme enhancements (not as optimistic here but I hope it works out).  I also think we should see improvements from Daniel and whitehair and I would hope a bounce back from Leno.  No reason he struggled as much as he did last year. 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, BearFan NYC said:

I'm stupid too. I know I am a broken record, but I can't imagine that they're doing nothing about OLT. To me, it was the biggest weakness on our team last year and a huge part of the offensive failures at QB and in the running game.

I keep thinking they must have some sort of plan. But the writers are talking about WRs and TEs and CBs and I feel like I'm living in a bizarro world. I keep thinking that Pace has identified this position for his draft pick or a later Free Agent signing (or both) and is playing chess over our heads (wishful thinking) but I don't understand how the writers are all missing it too.

Do they trade a 5th and a future 4th for the Redskins LT?  Not sure how they could make it work cap wise, but it would be intriguing (if he really goes for as little as a 3rd day pick).  

36 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Do they trade a 5th and a future 4th for the Redskins LT?  Not sure how they could make it work cap wise, but it would be intriguing (if he really goes for as little as a 3rd day pick).  

I hope not.  I would trade Leno and Cohen.  

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Hub Arkish suggested we give Washington all our picks and call it a day. The problem is with out a new contract, I doubt Williams is the deal.  He nixed a trade to Minnesota. 

At least we can put William's to rest as was traded to SF.  

Too bad they wouldn't have taken Leno and Shaheen straight up.