2020 NFL Draft Day 3 (Saturday) Open Thread

adam

NE now has pick 37, 71, 87, 98, and 100, and 13 picks overall. That is an insane amount to sign and have on your 53 man and PS. I think they will be active moving up in the draft.

43 for 71, 98, and 100 would work. Then the Bears would have 50, 71, 98, and 100. I would then flip 98 or 100 and pickup a 4th or 5th. We can't go 2 picks in the first 162. 4 in the top 100 would be sweet.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, adam said:

NE now has pick 37, 71, 87, 98, and 100, and 13 picks overall. That is an insane amount to sign and have on your 53 man and PS. I think they will be active moving up in the draft.

43 for 71, 98, and 100 would work. Then the Bears would have 50, 71, 98, and 100. I would then flip 98 or 100 and pickup a 4th or 5th. We can't go 2 picks in the first 162. 4 in the top 100 would be sweet.

Be careful what you ask for.  All these rounds, positions and swapping will make Pace accidentally trade next year’s number one for a “can’t miss” D2 Fullback that played TE in HS.  

The more I read on the top two (in my book) Safety prospects remaining (McKinney and Delpit), I’m hoping for Delpit.  Saw a breakdown on McKinney where they make a comparison to he and Clinton-Dix.  Meaning he’s more a pass coverage Safety...not what the Bears need.  

Delpit’s draft card description includes phrases like:

• Physical demeanor will help a run defense
  • Gets downhill into the fit before blocks get acclimated
  • Willing to sell out his body to make a stop
  • Rushes into backfield to set edges when needed
  • Runs the alley on jet sweeps, stretch plays and receiver screens
  • Coverage was more consistent on 2018 tape when healthy
  • Offers physical detour for tight ends when pressing
  • Covers with solid anticipation
  • Heavy hitting is accounted for by receivers trespassing in the middle

All traits needed for an ‘in the box Safety’ (and frankly i love).   I’d say Delpit is 1a and Chinn might be 1b based on type and size of Safety needed.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The more I read on the top two (in my book) Safety prospects remaining (McKinney and Delpit), I’m hoping for Delpit.  Saw a breakdown on McKinney where they make a comparison to he and Clinton-Dix.  Meaning he’s more a pass coverage Safety...not what the Bears need.  

Delpit’s draft card description includes phrases like:

• Physical demeanor will help a run defense
  • Gets downhill into the fit before blocks get acclimated
  • Willing to sell out his body to make a stop
  • Rushes into backfield to set edges when needed
  • Runs the alley on jet sweeps, stretch plays and receiver screens
  • Coverage was more consistent on 2018 tape when healthy
  • Offers physical detour for tight ends when pressing
  • Covers with solid anticipation
  • Heavy hitting is accounted for by receivers trespassing in the middle

All traits needed for an ‘in the box Safety’ (and frankly i love).   I’d say Delpit is 1a and Chinn might be 1b based on type and size of Safety needed.

I like those traits, but the Score crew was saying "as long as you can live with his missed tackles". Sounds like it could be an issue? I do feel better taking a big time college player over the small school guys (Dugger/Chinn) because you have a better sense of how they should perform.  

4 minutes ago, bradjock said:

McNeil and Parkins saying as per Adam Shefter, the Bears are making calls to trade up. 

I’m going to be pissed if we give up more picks.  It typically ends poorly.  

That would be typical Pace.  He just doesn't get it.  The great GMs will take your picks all day. 

I'm sure it will have a future pick involved too because Pace will most likely be out.  

10 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Josh Jones is the only one they would trade up for.  You would think...

But, please keep our picks Pace!

Agreed!  One of the best trades Pace made was when he traded down and took Cody Whitehair. 

Bad trade ups?  Leonard Floyd, Mitch Trubisky, and I’d argue that trading up for David Montgomery was a mistake.  

I have mixed feelings about the trade up for Anthony Miler.  

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Does anyone here feel Detroit takes a RB high every year? Swift a Lion 

Good point!  And they haven’t had one worth a damn since Barry Sanders.  Since Matt Patricia is a defensive guy, are they going to commit to running th ball? 

7 minutes ago, bradjock said:

Good point!  And they haven’t had one worth a damn since Barry Sanders.  Since Matt Patricia is a defensive guy, are they going to commit to running th ball? 

Wouldn't be a bad strategy, but unless you are getting a special player, is there much separation between Swift and a 4th rounder?  So far, I do not feel our division has gotten any better.   Minnesota replaced WR Diggs and one of their 3 CBs they lost.  Detroit replaced Slay and took a RB who I thought they had a decent one already.  GB took a guy who is two years from playing.

3 minutes ago, Elgin Slim said:

Move down or hold the 2 2nds? 

In this draft I'm trading down. Deep draft and we have needs. I'd try to move both down (but not too far) and be in a position where they can really land some of these wideouts. I'm not okay with just 1 wideout in this deep of a draft. This team needs speed in Nagy's offense and it doesn't have that.  

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Oh man, CB Diggs, Fulton, and Johnson.  S Delpit, OT Jones are all worthy.  Don't blow it, might be able to slide down 2-4 spots.

yep if we have a suitor for a couple of slots yes