adam

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Elgin Slim said:

Dammit. Wanted Duvernay to fall to Bears. Was probably unrealistic anyway. 

Darryton Evan's RB gone.  Just penciled him on my want list. The RB market will be slim imo, so maybe the Bears pick up a player late in FA. 

Still a handful of SS I like and the more I look into it, I am growing on Tanner Muse from Clemson. Big, quick, and a high football IQ. 

I have a feeling we will get a SS then it might be a crap shoot of surprise positions.

I'm not totally surprised we took Kmet but after signing Jimmy Graham it seems we could have filled another need early.  If he finally gives the offense the legit two TE sets we've been looking for the last two years then it's worth it.  Trubisky and Foles were both at their best with reliable TEs targets.  Kmet was one of few inline TEs in the draft, if not the only one, who could help the pass blocking as a rookie and still be a good receiving threat. 

I like Jaylon Johnson.  His surgery might require the Bears to let him start the season on the bench but as far as talent level goes he's got nearly everything you could ask for.   He's also a fit to replace Prince as a press corner to compliment Fuller's off-coverage technique.  

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Has the athleticism to match up with anybody. Possesses excellent speed to stay on top of WR’s route downfield. Needs to improve his technique in avoiding getting stacked.

Mirror & Close: Reactionary quickness is elite. Footwork is well coordinated with his eyes. Seamlessly stays on hip pocket of WR in and out of route breaks. Hip fluidity is easily recognizable.

Ball Skills: Has a playmaker’s mindset. Comfortable playing w/back to the ball. Easily tracks over shoulder and is a consistent finisher at the catch point. Needs to get stronger to avoid box outs by bigger WRs.

Overview: Sudden athlete with high ceiling as a lockdown CB. Sticky on the hip pocket and doesn’t lack confidence or aggressiveness. Average size/length hurts his ability to contest every catch point but he is scheme flexible & best in press man on the boundary.

We’re talking about five picks in the last three rounds of the draft. Statistically speaking, you’re probably as likely to find a contributor in UDFA than with those picks, so just take the guy highest on your board. Probably the only positions that wouldn’t make sense to me are TE and CB - not only did we just draft both but we have plenty of depth bodies at both positions. 

There is still a lot of value on the board to start the 4th round. We have the 57th pick as our first pick of the day:

OL -
Prince Tega Wanogho, OT 3rd
Tyler Biadasz, OG
Ben Bartch, OT 3rd-4th
John Simpson, OG 3rd
Netane Muti, OG
Ben Bredeson, OG 4th
Nick Harris, OG 3rd
Saahdiq Charles, OT 4th
Shane Lemieux, OG
Logan Stenberg, OG
Hakeem Adeniji, OT 4th

S -
K'Von Wallace
Geno Stone
JR Reed
Antoine Brooks - Big

WR -
KJ Hill 3rd
Antonio Gandy-Golden  - Big, 3rd-4th
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Tyler Johnson
Gabriel Davis 3rd-4th
Collin Johnson - Big, 3rd-4th
James Proche 4th
Isaiah Coulter - 4.45, 4th

QB -
Jacob Eason - 3rd
Jake Fromm - 3rd
Anthony Gordon - 5th

RB - 
Joshua Kelley - 3rd
Anthony McFarland

Edge - 
Curtis Weaver - 2nd-3rd
Bradlee Anae - 3rd
Khalid Kareem - 3rd-4th
Trevis Gipson - 4th

14 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Totally.  Kind of disappointing really.  Granted they need offensive help and with Burton leaving TE became more a position of need. Not sure why but I feel all they did was get another version Shaheen or even JP Holtz.  Big body TE...  how many TEs on the roster now? 

I know that we have 10 TE’s is a running joke, but how many are going to make the team besides Jimmy Graham?  Adam Shaheen sucks and he will be cut.  We did give Demetrius Harris a $500,000 signing bonus so he’s probably safe.  Ben Braunecker is primarily a special teams guy.  J.P. Holtz and Jesper Horsted were both undrafted rookies who looked okay at the end of the season.  But considering that we now have added Graman, Kmet and Harris, apparently we are not too impressed with them.  I have no idea who the other guys are.  

So basically the TE’s who make the roster are Graham, Harris, Kmet, and Braunecker with Holtz and Horsted as practice squad players.  That’s pretty simple.  Does anybody disagree with this? 

1 hour ago, adam said:

There is still a lot of value on the board to start the 4th round. We have the 57th pick as our first pick of the day:

OL -
Prince Tega Wanogho, OT 3rd
Tyler Biadasz, OG
Ben Bartch, OT 3rd-4th
John Simpson, OG 3rd
Netane Muti, OG
Ben Bredeson, OG 4th
Nick Harris, OG 3rd
Saahdiq Charles, OT 4th
Shane Lemieux, OG
Logan Stenberg, OG
Hakeem Adeniji, OT 4th

S -
K'Von Wallace
Geno Stone
JR Reed
Antoine Brooks - Big

WR -
KJ Hill 3rd
Antonio Gandy-Golden  - Big, 3rd-4th
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Tyler Johnson
Gabriel Davis 3rd-4th
Collin Johnson - Big, 3rd-4th
James Proche 4th
Isaiah Coulter - 4.45, 4th

QB -
Jacob Eason - 3rd
Jake Fromm - 3rd
Anthony Gordon - 5th

RB - 
Joshua Kelley - 3rd
Anthony McFarland

Edge - 
Curtis Weaver - 2nd-3rd
Bradlee Anae - 3rd
Khalid Kareem - 3rd-4th
Trevis Gipson - 4th

WOW.  That’s a lot of value.  Pace REALLY has to be tempted to move up.   

13 hours ago, dawhizz said:

I really like Johnson. I’m pretty meh on Kmet. 

I guess I just need to accept that Pace is prone to over-addressing needs. Need a QB? Sign Glennon AND draft Trubisky. Weak at WR? Sign Robinson and Gabriel AND draft Miller. Kicker not cutting it? Bring in ten kickers to compete. This year it was historically bad TE production? Sign Graham and Harris AND draft Kmet. I guess it’s just what he does. The good news is, if the O-line fails spectacularly this year, your going to be looking at a lot of new guys next year. 

Isn’t it better to over-address needs?  Supposedly our offense was not able to function once Trey Burton went down.  Harris is a blocker—not a receiver.  Do you really want to rely that heavily on an aging Jimmy Graham? 

54 minutes ago, bradjock said:

WOW.  That’s a lot of value.  Pace REALLY has to be tempted to move up.   

4 WRs- you dont have on your list. Mooney, Hightower , Watkins and Cleveland. did Mooney get picked? I didn't see his name when I did some updated mock drafts but PROFOOTBALLNETWORK has never listed him. 

1 hour ago, bradjock said:

Isn’t it better to over-address needs?  Supposedly our offense was not able to function once Trey Burton went down.  Harris is a blocker—not a receiver.  Do you really want to rely that heavily on an aging Jimmy Graham? 

I guess, but I can’t really give Pace credit for readdressing a need because he spent $16 million not adequately addressing it. 

Here we are as round 4 is winding down.  Anyone have any names to throw in the want list?  I don't know late rd WRs that fit the speed guy.

My first guy...Ben Bredsen G just taken by Bamtimore.

Jake Fromm QB

Anthiny Gordon QB

Trey Adam's OT

Prince Tego-Warigho OT

Curtis Weaver OLB

Bradlee Anae OLB

Tylern Biadasz C

Geno Stone S

JR Reed S

Antoine Brooks S

Jordan Fuller S

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Here we are as round 4 is winding down.  Anyone have any names to throw in the want list?  I don't know late rd WRs that fit the speed guy.

My first guy...Ben Bredsen G just taken by Bamtimore.

Jake Fromm QB

Anthiny Gordon QB

Trey Adam's OT

Prince Tego-Warigho OT

Curtis Weaver OLB

Bradlee Anae OLB

Tylern Biadasz C

Geno Stone S

JR Reed S

Antoine Brooks S

Jordan Fuller S

For speed WR, I really like Joe Reed from Virginia. Maybe Trishton Jackson for Syracuse or Quez Watkins from So. Miss would fit too. Some like Mooney from Tulane as well. 

Is Shane Lemiuex still on the board? Replace an Oregon G with an Oregon G?

5 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

For speed WR, I really like Joe Reed from Virginia. Maybe Trishton Jackson for Syracuse or Quez Watkins from So. Miss would fit too. Some like Mooney from Tulane as well. 

Is Shane Lemiuex still on the board? Replace an Oregon G with an Oregon G?

Lemiuex and Joe Reed just taken. Shh.

I want Prince or Trey at OT. Next year they can be a starter.

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Hate trading future...but he is a 3rd round talent who shouldn't have been there.  

yeah we got him with next years 4th. cool.

Looks like we picked up another low pick too? Not sure.