Most, least, best , worse

Stinger226

Jacob infante had this on his Twitter account. 

Most overrated:   leno

Most underrated:    Whitehair 

2nd Best player:( Mack would be everyone's answer. )   ARob 

Best new addition( draft): Johnson 

Best new addition( FA)  Quinn 

Could surprise: Gibson 

Takes a leap: Smith 

Prove it year: Foles

Most disappointing: Graham 

All pros: Mack-Smith- EJac- Fuller 

Komet stats: 36- 425- 4- TDS 

First game for fans : the regular season start 

SO WHAT SAY YOU

These are my choices 

Most overrated: Fuller

Most underrated: Montgomery

2nd Best player:(Mack would be everyone's answer.)  ARob 

Best new addition(draft): Johnson 

Best new addition(FA): Quinn 

Could surprise: Mooney 

Takes a leap: Miller

Prove it year: Trubisky

Most disappointing: Cohen

All pros: Mack-Smith-EJack

Kmet stats: 44-510-3 TDS 

First game for fans: Week 1

Most overrated: Foles

Most underrated: Trubisky

2nd Best player:(Mack would be everyone's answer.)  Hicks

Could surprise: Graham

Prove it year: Nagy

Most disappointing: Leno

All pros: Mack-Hicks-Jackson-Robinson

Kmet stats: 49-525-5 TDS 

First game for fans: 2021

I don't think anyone here has overrated him, I think that the Bears have overrated him thinking he's a competent starting LT.  At his best year. 2018, he was just average. They needed to sign some one to compete enough to take his job away. I see potential for every position to be better but Leno. 

On 5/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, Stinger226 said:

Most overrated:   Anthony Miller

Most underrated:    Whitehair  ( I agree here)

2nd Best player:( Mack would be everyone's answer. )   BoJack.  At first I agreed with ARob but there is a reason Eddie Jackson is the highest paid Safety in the NFL....and it's a very good reason.   

Best new addition( draft):   Kmet  ... even though I wasn't expecting us to draft him  the reality is our TEs were so bad last year that someone listed Harris, a TE nobody here had ever heard of, as an upgrade....and nobody argued with that.   With that big of a gap, plus relying on an aging overpaid Jimmy Graham, it is clear Kmet brings a stability to the TE position that we haven't had in years.  CB at least had Tolliver as the floor for performance which is a far cry from Harris, Shaheen, or Braunecker.     

Best new addition( FA)  Quinn      No argument here and as much as anything else this is about getting more out of Mack or Hicks, or RRH, or Nichols, on each snap.   

Could surprise:     This is interesting because it has to encompass two factors:  talent and likely playing time.  For those reasons Kmet has to be near the top but his expectations are already high.   I thought about Mooney but Ginn will definitely take snaps at least early in the season.  I chose Trevis Gipson.   He does not have much competition as the 3rd OLB so he'll likely see the field early and often.  He also has the quickness to be effective early in his career as a pass rusher.  He'll be less effective against the run but if he gets 4-5 sacks everyone will be happy.   

Takes a leap:    Alex Bars   I liked what he did last year in the preseason, albeit against lower competition, but he was still recovering from his knee injury.  This offseason made clear that he'll get a lot of opportunities to win the job at RG.  

Prove it year:   Trubisky    How could this be otherwise when he was the #2 pick in the entire draft?  Foles doesn't have to prove anything he's already won a Superbowl MVP trophy.   

Most disappointing:    Tarik Cohen    I don't think he snaps out of his desire to run for the sidelines.   

All pros:    Mack-Smith- EJac- Fuller   ( can't disagree here) 

Komet stats: 36- 425- 4- TDS 

First game for fans : the regular season start 

AZ , I think it's a prove it yr for Foles because he has only had one very good season as a starter.  Now he has preformed well coming off the bench on the biggest stage but still some questions about can he do that for the full. Obviously MT falls in that category but I don't think he starts. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

AZ , I think it's a prove it yr for Foles because he has only had one very good season as a starter.  Now he has preformed well coming off the bench on the biggest stage but still some questions about can he do that for the full. Obviously MT falls in that category but I don't think he starts. 

i understand and agree this is likely his last shot at being a starter.  I just think he is what he is at this point which is backup/bridge QB.  

On 5/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, Mongo3451 said:

Most overrated: Foles

Most underrated: Trubisky

2nd Best player:(Mack would be everyone's answer.)  Hicks

Could surprise: Graham

Prove it year: Nagy

Most disappointing: Leno

All pros: Mack-Hicks-Jackson-Robinson

Kmet stats: 49-525-5 TDS 

First game for fans: 2021

Most overrated: Mack (see below) Still the best player on the team though. 

Most underrated:  Hicks (people don't realize he's the most important player on D...it showed when Mack could do nothing without him) 

2nd Best player:( Mack would be everyone's answer. )   ARob or Hicks, case could be made for both., 

Best new addition( draft): Johnson agreed

Best new addition( FA)  Quinn, but that isn't saying much

Could surprise: Montgomery

Prove it year: Both QBs, but more so Trubisky. 

Most disappointing: Graham 

All pros: Mack-Hicks- EJac- Fuller 

Kmet stats: 40-500-5

First game for fans : the regular season start (I have none here....at this point I think it's a stretch to think that sports will be even played the remainder of this calendar year...see ya in 2021, so all of the above is in the surprising event that they play) 

SO WHAT SAY YOU

I am going to double down on Cohen as most disappointing. I think they will use Patterson more, thus reducing the need for Cohen. I don't think they really want to give him carries over Monty. Now that we have at least two legit pass-catching TEs, that should take away targets from Cohen too. Lastly, he doesn't seem too concerned about taking care of himself or getting better in the offseason. If anyone follows him on social media, they can probably attest to that as well. 

I think with more weapons his role will be diminished more this year.  I think he's getting a bad rap for having a bad statistical year.  The bad offense gave use less plays in the offense that brought everyone's stats down.  The only one that excelled was ARob.  Being play calling and a more productive offense will add more opportunities for everybody's stats to look better.  I think the 2018 season gave Nagy more of an attitude that the team will be better the more he expands to his offense. He needed to adapt to the situation , instead he pushed his O that wasn't working and was stubborn to change.  I think he probably learned more from the mediocrity we had and will  be better at his job this year. Also with improved speed and a more productive TE position, it will help his  overall play calling.