Dieter Eiselen

Stinger226

He was an undrafted free agent that signed with the bears this year.  I can't find any articles that show his age. Anyone know is age? Interesting prospect, 6-4 310 LG from Yale.  Was an Olympic weightlifter from South Africa and started all 4 years at Yale. Also an all star rugby player.    Watched some tape on him and every play he put someone on his back. He is addicted to watching film which should allow him to assimilate to the NFL quicker. He loves football, smart ( Yale degree) and hard worker. Sounds like player that could stick. 

We talked about him in another thread.  My personal opinion is that he has great size and strength with a mauler's mentality, but does not have the quickness or lateral agility to succeed at this time.  NFL defensive linemen would eat his lunch.  Maybe a year or two on the practice squad would help.

Being stubborn, curious, and having plenty of time to kill, I found this excerpt from an article that would indicate he will soon, in June, turn 24.

Dieter Eiselen made a decision in 2014 that changed his life forever.

Then just 18 years old, Eiselen chose to leave his native South Africa and travel by himself to the United States for the first time so he could attend a football camp in Washington, D.C.

He had never played American football and watched his first-ever game just two years earlier. Eiselen will turn 24 in June and is now on the cusp of a professional football career. But the coronavirus pandemic has created a cloud of uncertainty over when that career may begin.

Article about Dieter Eiselen on ronclementssports.com

On 5/27/2020 at 10:17 AM, Mongo3451 said:

We talked about him in another thread.  My personal opinion is that he has great size and strength with a mauler's mentality, but does not have the quickness or lateral agility to succeed at this time.  NFL defensive linemen would eat his lunch.  Maybe a year or two on the practice squad would help.

I definitely think he will need some time on the practice squad but would love to see him succeed. 

Peace

5 hours ago, Pixote said:

Being stubborn, curious, and having plenty of time to kill, I found this excerpt from an article that would indicate he will soon, in June, turn 24.

Article about Dieter Eiselen on ronclementssports.com

good sleuthing Pix!!