10 new starters

Stinger226

Kinda of slow now but I think June will bring some minicamps that will get  the ball rolling.  

Seen an article on BearsWire on changing of the guard. 

Old starters:( end of year)  new starters 

Floyd---------Quinn

Prince -----Johnson 

HaHa---------- Gibson 

Coward----- IFEDI, Bars

Burton------ Graham- Komet

Kwit--------- Trevathan 

MT----------- Foles

Williams ----- Hicks 

Gabriel ( 3rd wr)---------- ? Ridley, Ginn, Wims 

Lynch  ( 3rd edge) Gibson 

If you look at the old and new starters, you would have to say the new group is a great deal better. Also take in consideration of breakout players like Daniels, Miller, Smith, Montgomery playing better, you would have to say this is a playoff contender. 

If we just get average play out of the QB position, this is a very good team.  

The weakness is the OL  but should improve.  Massey being healthy, IFEDI better than Coward, Whitehair ( best OL), Daniels taking a step forward and  Leno playing better.  Better depth with Bars and Spriggs, Coward in a backup role. 

IF we can protect the QB, and IF we call a balanced game plan, and dont abandon the run, we do seem to have the talent to be a playoff contender. But many years the Yankees outspend the rest of MLB, and still fail to create a "team" so, we'll see.

I hope they do come together, but after all we've been through, I'll believe it when I see it.

If the OL still cant open holes or protect the QB the rest wont matter.

I agree the OL still has to produce and better play calling is a must but the point I was trying to make is I think the roster is better.  We were 8-8 with a disaster of an offense and an injury infested defense.  I'm trying to look at the upside on offense but the defense is going to be killer. I think Smith steps up to be all pro this year along with Hicks, Mack, Fuller and EJac.  If we end up with 5 pro bowlers on D , that's a nasty thought. 

Stinger, I TOTALLY agree the roster is much better! And I think the defense has the possibility to be the best in the NFL. I wasnt rebutting you so much as expanding on what you said.

Quinn is a really important piece. Nasty front indeed, with Fuller and Ejack behind them. Look out.

I seen an article on projecting defensive stats for our defense. I think it was a sports mockery writer.  Mack- 14.5

Quinn--  9.5

Hicks -- 10

A  total of 55 sacks on the year. 

Do you think this is realistic or not?

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I seen an article on projecting defensive stats for our defense. I think it was a sports mockery writer.  Mack- 14.5

Quinn--  9.5

Hicks -- 10

I dunno if some of them overlap and share the same sack, but yes, I think it will be very difficult to block everyone on our DL.

If we had this defense and John Fox running the ball 70% of the time we'd sure win a lot of games. If Nagy can put up points with a high powwered offense, we are a possible SB contender, but I'll need to see it on the field before I actually believe anything like that.

But the defense? Hell yes it will be nasty.

Floyd----Quinn (8 more sacks)

Prince ---Johnson (wash with big upside)

HaHa---------- Gibson  (better box player)

Coward----- IFEDI, Bars (I'm better than Coward)

Burton------ Graham- Komet (12 more TD)

Kwit--------- Trevathan (I'm on the fence)

MT------ Foles (files will make definitely better and both are better than Daniels)

Williams ----- Hicks (5 more sacks, plus 5 more for Mack)

Gabriel ( 3rd wr)--? Ridley, Ginn, Wims (better)

Lynch  ( 3rd edge) Gibson (anything is better than Lynch)

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Quinn--  9.5

Hicks -- 10

I added 18 more than last year from the presence of Quinn and Hicks.  Mack will clown with those guys.  50 is not out of the question.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:13 PM, Stinger226 said:

Kinda of slow now but I think June will bring some minicamps that will get  the ball rolling.  

Seen an article on BearsWire on changing of the guard. 

Floyd---------Quinn

Prince -----Johnson 

HaHa---------- Gibson 

Coward----- IFEDI, Bars

Burton------ Graham- Komet

Kwit--------- Trevathan 

MT----------- Foles

Williams ----- Hicks 

Gabriel ( 3rd wr)---------- ? Ridley, Ginn, Wims 

Lynch  ( 3rd edge) Gibson 

If you look at the old and new starters, you would have to say the new group is a great deal better. Also take in consideration of breakout players like Daniels, Miller, Smith, Montgomery playing better, you would have to say this is a playoff contender. 

If we just get average play out of the QB position, this is a very good team.  

The weakness is the OL  but should improve.  Massey being healthy, IFEDI better than Coward, Whitehair ( best OL), Daniels taking a step forward and  Leno playing better.  Better depth with Bars and Spriggs, Coward in a backup role. 

Floyd---------Quinn (Mack/Quinn are easily a top-3 Edge Rushing Duo, this is going to make the entire defense, especially the secondary a lot better)

Prince -----Johnson (Johnson is a 1st round talent with fresh legs, this is another clear upgrade)

HaHa---------- Gipson (If anything, this allows Jackson to play more in centerfield, which is a good thing)

Coward----- Ifedi, Bars (Experience-wise, Ifedi brings a lot of starter experience to the line, hard to not see this as an upgrade to Long/Coward. Also, if Leno cuts down on his penalties, the O-Line looks a lot better even before adding Ifedi or Bars)

Burton------ Graham- Kmet (Talk about a 180, this group almost becomes a strength of the offense, Graham can still catch and creates a ton of mismatches in the RZ, Kmet is very well rounded and will be like bringing in a young Greg Olsen back. Guys like Harris, Holtz, and Horsted go back to being backups) 

Kwit--------- Trevathan (to me this was a leadership move first, and technically, for the next year or maybe two, a performance move too. Long term, Kwit was the better option)

MT----------- Foles (regardless which QB starts, we know the bar is going to be higher, so we know this position will at least be improved in 2020)

Williams ----- Hicks (Williams was pretty good when getting some PT, but Hicks is a fringe All-Pro level player. If he can stay healthy, with the other additions, this defense may be better than 2018.)

Gabriel (3rd wr)---------- ? Ridley, Ginn, Wims (Gabriel was already replaced by Miller - who looked really good late in the season, so essentially we need someone to replace Miller's early season output, which was not that much. I think we can find something out of Ridley, Wims, Ginn, or even Mooney.)

Lynch  (3rd edge) Gipson (Don't sleep on this one, Lynch was a penalty machine, so just adding some young legs who can spell Mack or Quinn with a decent pass rush will be an improvement over Lynch)