Dalton--Newton-Winston

Stinger226

Anytime a QB gets signed, Twitter goes nutz because the Bears sighed Foles. The Bears signed Foles the first or second week of FAgency.  Dalton wasn't released yet. No way Winston was as a backup on a cheap contract and Cams medicals could not be checked out because of the virus. 

Coaches were familiar with Foles, he has been in the system before and had success at the highest level.  If Pace would  have waited until now to sign a QB option, fandom would been badmouthing him everyday. 

He made the right move at the time. NE can tack risks because that always win. Don't work that way for the bears. 

I agree but Newton is no longer in that category.  6 surgeries in the last 2 years. The NFL is not going to let a superstar QB sit in free agency  for 4 months.  Rivera was on the score and didn't have an answer for not signing Cam. He knows.  

Ive watched Bears games since 63.  Have seen some of the best D and the best def of all time.  I have only watched one QB who I thought could carry a team when needed and he couldn't stay healthy.  Hence only on SB in 54 years.  When will that change and at least give us a QB who is not just a game manager but one who can take a game over?

3 hours ago, adam said:

Cam signed a vet minimum deal. There has to be issues otherwise he would never do that.

I am good with the Foles signing given the circumstances with the virus and offseason. 

I was for trading for Foles in the middle of last year when he was replaced.  All things considered I think he was the safe and best option this year.  But they still need to turn over every rock and find that true QB.  For a franchise that's 100 years old and had tons of chances to only have maybe one in history is mind bending.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, Bill said:

Would have to be great, great, great, grand kids.  LMAO

touche! lol. And sad at the same time that in the long history of a founding franchise we've had 2 QB's who could carry a team only one in the SB era.  Till we ever find/develop one everyone will suggest we sign every FA who becomes available each offseason or even any guys on the trading block. And every time one of those QB's signs elsewhere it's declared a failure on the Bears part for not signing them no matter what the cost would be.