What If

ChileBear

I'm seeing that MLB stars are opting out of the season. I can agree with their decision, and feel that this is going to give a bunch of MLB wannabees a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make the big leagues.  I wonder, with the way things sit now, will that spill over to the NFL? Where would we get "replacement players"? It would be a great opportunity for many borderline guys, but I remember the strike season and didn't like the on-field product. Great opportunity for new guys, but where would we get these  fill-in players?

There will be some with the large number of players in the NFL. We have 90 on the roster now, as we cut down, a list of those players will be with in contact with the team. They are going to allow more on the main roster and increase the practice squad. For example, Tyler Bray will be cut but will not be to far from the team. Something will be done to financially keep these players available.