In Foles I trust.

Alaskan Grizzly

They have a lot they need to do and I think Nagy might be an okay head coach, but he just gets in his own way as a play caller.  That said - we are going to learn a lot about this club over the next 3 weeks.  I hope we see the defense continue to ascend and offensively we start to see a complete performance.  Anthony Miller is a bum (I have to always say that - cause his mental lapses drive me mad every single week).  

People forget, no offseason, no way to bond with teammates. Trubisky starts the first few games. Daniels and Cohen injuries. Miller inconsistencies. There has been a lot against Foles right now. It doesn't negate his boneheaded INT, but at least he admitted his mistake.

Listening to some Bears podcasts, one good point they have brought up. These games are like playoff games, and the Bears are winning a lot of them. They also have a QB built for the postseason. 

If that presser doesn't get you pumped up, you are a zombie. The team sees that too. It is a stark difference to Trubisky. Now that I have seen Foles play a few games, he is actually worse than Trubisky athletically (arm strength, etc), but he looks like Einstein compared to a 5th Grader upstairs. That difference is huge. 

Now we need better playcalling and blocking. Look at the blocking on the INT, not that it defends his throw, but damn: 

Looking back at the pick. If you watch it unfold, Foles has the receiver open but he just can't get enough on it with the pressure hitting him as he throws it. That would've looked like an amazing play if you he a few split seconds more to throw.

48 minutes ago, adam said:

Looking back at the pick. If you watch it unfold, Foles has the receiver open but he just can't get enough on it with the pressure hitting him as he throws it. That would've looked like an amazing play if you he a few split seconds more to throw.

I saw that too.  If memory serves he had two receivers along the same line.  One that was deep (dont remember who) and covered and one closer in, I believe was Kent who was uncovered.  Foles looks to have been trying to either hit the deep receiver or throw it out but as you said didn’t have enough mustard to get it there.  I think he could have hit the underneath receiver but want to say he didn’t see him.  

Foles has had a fair number of throws where he can’t get his feet set and still had just enough to get it to where it needs to be.  Something to be said about his ‘balls’ while in the pocket.  He’s touched (not necessarily hit) by a defender in just about every passing down.