Fire Nagy

adam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/7/2020 at 8:12 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I still think there’s hope for these two guys.  Ridleys brother was who Pace wanted the year he ‘settled’ for Wims.  Who did pretty well considering his background. And Riley  I think hasn’t had much opportunity because a) they were determined to let Miller do well (aka prove themselves right) and b ) the QB issue.  Maybe when the dust settles, Arob is traded and Miller is cut or whatever they and Mooney will be the only ones left(?) 

It's crazy to see some of the WR's Pace passed on to take Miller. The 3 WRs to immediately follow Miller were James Washington, DJ Chark, and Michael Gallup. 

Pace cited a weak 2019 class and Miller as a can't miss prospect in the reasoning to move up to get Miller. In 2019, at the Bears pick traded to NE, KC drafted Hardman, DJ Metcalf went 8 picks later, Diontae Johnson went 10 picks later, and Terry McLaurin went 20 picks later. Talk about not a complete and utter whiff. They also traded a 4th rounder to move up. 

Pace's motto should be "pay more to get less"

1 hour ago, adam said:

DJ Metcalf went 8 picks later,

He’s a new personal favorite.  I’m more a big body receiver type guy.  He’s like Megatron, Anquan Boldin, Marshall or even Jeffrey.  Wims comes close to that category.  Nagys offense prefers more speedsters, which big guys usually aren’t.  

we should have fired Nagy mid season last year, and determined that Trubisky sucked then too, like i said, and it cost us a year and the window on the defense, like I said too.

And to think, how much better might this have looked if they had a player at OLT...

16 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

He’s a new personal favorite.  I’m more a big body receiver type guy.  He’s like Megatron, Anquan Boldin, Marshall or even Jeffrey.  Wims comes close to that category.  Nagys offense prefers more speedsters, which big guys usually aren’t.  

Yep, and he is fast too. I feel like he is going to be a top 5 receiver for the next decade. I know we talked about him on this board but because of the Miller trade, we didn't have a 2nd that year. 

16 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

we should have fired Nagy mid season last year, and determined that Trubisky sucked then too, like i said, and it cost us a year and the window on the defense, like I said too.

And to think, how much better might this have looked if they had a player at OLT...

You are right, but after a 12-4 playoff season, it was going to take a lot worse than a bad run in an 8-8 season to get rid of Nagy, especially considering all the injuries. 

I agree on Trubisky, it should've been clear after the first month that he wasn't grasping the offense and still couldn't read a defense. I remember Nagy making the calls for him after he would rush to the line to see the defensive alignment, then back off and get the play call in. That was embarrassing. 

Not addressing OT was one of Pace's biggest gaffs. How do you think Charles freaking Leno and Bobbie Massie are good enough to start in the NFL, when they would be backups on every other team in the league? They both are swing tackles at best, not starters. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, adam said:

Holy crap, I can't believe my original post was from November 1st. It's crazy that it's literally the same old song and dance every week. What a shit show. How is this guy still employed? Let him say his goodbyes in the locker room tonight and announce he is gone tomorrow. Same with Pagano and Pace. They have to go. There is no point waiting until the end of the year. Let Lazor run the offense, an Asst get experience as DC and put Defilipo as Interim HC.

The crazy part is that it’s 2021 and it’s STILL the same old song and dance. They absolutely have to be fired, and Trubisky needs to go somewhere else.

16 hours ago, jason said:

The crazy part is that it’s 2021 and it’s STILL the same old song and dance. They absolutely have to be fired, and Trubisky needs to go somewhere else.

Yeah, if you could plug in any GM, HC, DC, and QB and have similar, if not better results, what's the point? This franchise has severely underachieved with the opportunities it had. It starts with the front office and ends with scheme and play calling on the field. How many times to do we have to watch a square peg try to get pushed into a round hole?

7 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah, if you could plug in any GM, HC, DC, and QB and have similar, if not better results, what's the point? This franchise has severely underachieved with the opportunities it had. It starts with the front office and ends with scheme and play calling on the field. How many times to do we have to watch a square peg try to get pushed into a round hole?

If they Bears can only win that dreaded last Superbowl for Virginia, the family would probably sell the team on the high.  Praying for that miracle.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:56 AM, adam said:

That's hilarious! I hadn't thought of it that way. The Bears could literally hire just about any combination of GM, HC, DC, and QB as they have now, and get similar results to those they have now.

Its easy to just get rid of everyone. How has that been working since Lovey? Not very well. I would go with the combo of bringing in a new president to oversee Pace and Nagy. Take Ted Phillips job but with a football guy. Have him oversee the QB situation and try to fix the cap problems. A different voice in the room and see what results we get for one more year of N and P. My opinion are more geared to what I see as realistic options instead of my opinions. 

Meanwhile over in Philly, Doug Pedersen was let go.  This after being only a few years removed from taking them to the SB and winning it.  As if the weird choice to sit Jalen Hurts the last game of the season wasn’t enough of a head scratcher, word was Pederson had turned into a bit of a d-bag so Lurie chose to cut bait.  

Not all that long ago a few of us here (to include me) were praising the success of Andy Reid’s coaching tree.  With Nagy and Pedersen both falling on their faces, maybe not.  

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagles-fire-doug-pederson.amp

8 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Meanwhile over in Philly, Doug Pedersen was let go.  This after being only a few years removed from taking them to the SB and winning it.  As if the weird choice to sit Jalen Hurts the last game of the season wasn’t enough of a head scratcher, word was Pederson had turned into a bit of a d-bag so Lurie chose to cut bait.  

Not all that long ago a few of us here (to include me) were praising the success of Andy Reid’s coaching tree.  With Nagy and Pedersen both falling on their faces, maybe not.  

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagles-fire-doug-pederson.amp

Also, how can these former QBs not develop young QBs? It must be because both of them sucked as players and they have clearly rubbed that off on Trubisky and Wentz.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Also, how can these former QBs not develop young QBs? It must be because both of them sucked as players and they have clearly rubbed that off on Trubisky and Wentz.

I think Nagy is trying to control Mitch fromt he sideline like a video game, and you need to have an actual QB and let them play. Sure you create the plays, but they don't play themselves, someone needs to make the reads, and adjust. Most plays are "broken" plays in the sense that some kind of adaptation occurs after the snap. Nagy didnt give Mitch the space to do that. And in no way am I saying i think Mitch would have succeeded with it either.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, Stinger226 said:

Its easy to just get rid of everyone. How has that been working since Lovey? Not very well. I would go with the combo of bringing in a new president to oversee Pace and Nagy. Take Ted Phillips job but with a football guy. Have him oversee the QB situation and try to fix the cap problems. A different voice in the room and see what results we get for one more year of N and P. My opinion are more geared to what I see as realistic options instead of my opinions. 

The problem is they are all linked. If you keep Pace and Nagy, but have someone new instead of Phillips, how much really changes on the field?

If you bring in a new GM, they're going to have their own vision, if you stick them with a HC they don't want, it normally doesn't work out. Let them bring in their team. The coach is then going to want to hire his coordinators and coaches. So if you only get rid of one or the other, it creates a lame duck situation for the other. 

If you're a new GM, do you want to be held accountable for what Nagy does after you have seen how bad of an offense this team has since he arrived? If you are a new HC, are you really going to trust Pace to bring in the right talent to compete after he has clearly shown he can't?