Bears underdogs on their bye week

adam

The only good thing about the bye week is not having to be tortured by that offense. I would take the Jets offense over this.

The 5-1 start was fools gold. We should have been 3-3 and now 3-7. I'm really only thinking at most two more wins. We are not beating MIN or GB. The other 3 games are JAX, DET, HOU. I don't think we can beat DET right now either. I think they beat the Jags no matter what, but don't know about HOU with Watson. 

Just an unbelievable turn of events over the last month. 

How many losses in a row is needed for a coaching change? We are at 4, with GB next, that seems like 5. How long does this need to go on before something is done? 

44 minutes ago, adam said:

The only good thing about the bye week is not having to be tortured by that offense. I would take the Jets offense over this.

The 5-1 start was fools gold. We should have been 3-3 and now 3-7. I'm really only thinking at most two more wins. We are not beating MIN or GB. The other 3 games are JAX, DET, HOU. I don't think we can beat DET right now either. I think they beat the Jags no matter what, but don't know about HOU with Watson. 

Just an unbelievable turn of events over the last month. 

How many losses in a row is needed for a coaching change? We are at 4, with GB next, that seems like 5. How long does this need to go on before something is done? 

Nagy is under contract for 2 more years. Given the current situation with the pandemic, I just don't see them firing him this year regardless of the outcome of the season. 

Peace

How long has this franchise ignored prioritizing OL in the early rounds of the draft?  Far too long and it really shows now, especially with the injuries / c19.

There is a reason why Foles has bounced around.  He has been terrible and unimpressive since the ATL game.  Honestly though, No RB or QB can be successful with what is going on upfront.  Add in the ineptitude of play calling & executions (dropped passes & terrible pass attempts) was a perfect storm for an epic offensive fail.  

How do they dig out from this?  Well it has to start with the draft.  The bears need 3 lineman and a QB with their first 4 picks. Also, they should bring in QB Chad Kelly to the practice squad.

They need a Mike Tomlin type head coach and start drafting like the Ravens!

certainly puts things in an interesting situation.  Reading the other thread on current draft position, a win over the Packers would actually put us in position to play for a playoff spot but losing would get us closer to a top 10 draft spot.   I don't see us beating the Packers.  With the offense the way it is I don't see us finishing higher than 5-11 or 6-10.  I don't see how our offensive woes can be fixable or the offense salvageable with the current roster and coaches.  This only makes this year more frustrating as if we had a half decent to average offense we'd probably be sitting pretty high up in the NFC standings and be in position to make a real playoff run.   But alas here we are.  Even if by some miracle we actually make the playoffs we'd be 1 and done and probably look very bad doing it.  I don't like losing for draft position but I'd also hate to see us somehow make the playoffs only to get embarrassed and have a poor draft position.  

Watching the first half of the game last night I could not think about the Mack trade.  And I thought at the time it was the cherry on the top.  With a TV gm and a TV coach I think they are doing a good job but just a dig.  Two teams with two different processes each seem to be heading  in different directions.  I like the way Mayock has built their team.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Watching the first half of the game last night I could not think about the Mack trade.  And I thought at the time it was the cherry on the top.  With a TV gm and a TV coach I think they are doing a good job but just a dig.  Two teams with two different processes each seem to be heading  in different directions.  I like the way Mayock has built their team.

Yea, we trended up quickly after the Mack trade, but have wasted it so far. Now we are on the way down.  Mayock and Gruden bit the bullet for a couple years, but continue to trend up.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:03 AM, BearFan2000 said:

certainly puts things in an interesting situation.  Reading the other thread on current draft position, a win over the Packers would actually put us in position to play for a playoff spot but losing would get us closer to a top 10 draft spot.   I don't see us beating the Packers.  With the offense the way it is I don't see us finishing higher than 5-11 or 6-10.  I don't see how our offensive woes can be fixable or the offense salvageable with the current roster and coaches.  This only makes this year more frustrating as if we had a half decent to average offense we'd probably be sitting pretty high up in the NFC standings and be in position to make a real playoff run.   But alas here we are.  Even if by some miracle we actually make the playoffs we'd be 1 and done and probably look very bad doing it.  I don't like losing for draft position but I'd also hate to see us somehow make the playoffs only to get embarrassed and have a poor draft position.  

Gotta think positive.  We’re two games back from the division lead.  There’s no guarantee that GB will win both games. They lost to TB (soundly) and Indy (barely) but the Bears beat TB and also lost to Indy - barely.  Two years ago we were heading into the playoffs with a full head of steam and then ... double doink.  A few years back the Steelers won the SB from the 6th seed so nothing is impossible.  As Herm Edwards once said “You play to win the game”. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Gotta think positive.  We’re two games back from the division lead.  There’s no guarantee that GB will win both games. They lost to TB (soundly) and Indy (barely) but the Bears beat TB and also lost to Indy - barely.  Two years ago we were heading into the playoffs with a full head of steam and then ... double doink.  A few years back the Steelers won the SB from the 6th seed so nothing is impossible.  As Herm Edwards once said “You play to win the game”. 

They lost to Indy handily. 

It was 19-3 until the TD in garbage time. 

I'd feel better about the Bears if they could find a way to create turnovers on D, but ever since the core of this group got together in 2017, they've struggled 3/4 seasons to create turnovers. As I've said all along, they're a very good defense but not an elite one, and mostly because of the lack of turnovers. All a QB/Offense has to do with the Bears is stay patient and take what they give them, and they can move the ball fairly easily and score points. 

On 11/21/2020 at 11:46 AM, ParkerBear7 said:

How long has this franchise ignored prioritizing OL in the early rounds of the draft?  Far too long and it really shows now, especially with the injuries / c19.

There is a reason why Foles has bounced around.  He has been terrible and unimpressive since the ATL game.  Honestly though, No RB or QB can be successful with what is going on upfront.  Add in the ineptitude of play calling & executions (dropped passes & terrible pass attempts) was a perfect storm for an epic offensive fail.  

How do they dig out from this?  Well it has to start with the draft.  The bears need 3 lineman and a QB with their first 4 picks. Also, they should bring in QB Chad Kelly to the practice squad.

They need a Mike Tomlin type head coach and start drafting like the Ravens!

It's been that way for two decades. Only legit OL the Bears have had in the last 20 years was the SB year. But most fans will still call for the Bears to draft a QB, and then another WR, and replace Montgomery. And then question anyone who says the Bears front office is wrong for drafting the skill players without an OL to carry the weight. **shrug**