• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Play calling has been horrible

2. OL has been bad

3. Trubisky will always be a one-read QB

4. That slow-mo, telescopic lens replay of the INT was horseshit

5. I’m sick of watching the opponent on 3rd&8 or so, and seeing the DBs 10yds deep

6. I’m sick of seeing the Bears’ WRs Never wide open, but the Saints - and every team the Bears play - seemingly have someone open every other play

7. Blow this whole thing up. Pace, Nagy, both need to go. Fire sale trade players to get draft picks if needed. Revamp the whole thing. The whole “let’s hold the other team to a low score and try to get a turnover while being passive on offense”-strategy doesn’t work. Even with one of the best defenses of all time it didn’t work for Lovie, who is a great defensive coach. 

This game is a perfect example of why this team didn’t belong in the playoffs and we need to blow this up.

When we gave up the td to make it 14-3 I could feel the blowout was coming. We stopped fighting and started to just lay down. Sure we held the saints out of the end zone after a gift of a PI at the end and getting a meaningless TD at the end.

Tired of seeing a ball carrier or receiver dead to rights for little or no gain only to watch our guys not wrap up or just stand there and watch the run by for an easy first down or score.  I lost count of how many tackles for loss that turned into first down and more  

Tired of chicken *#*^^| play calling. 7-3 and you have 4th down on the road in fg range take the points. Make it a 1 point game. Then wth was that at the end of the first half???  Almost 2 min and I believe 2 time outs.  We run the ball twice for no gain then incomplete on 3rd down and punt. Why not at least try to get the ball in fg range. GUTLESS. We could have gone into half up 9-7 with the ball to start the second half.  Add in Wims flat dropping a TD. Is Naggy calling plays again. 

We kept trying play action but when you can’t run the ball no one is fooled. 

We couldn't move the ball, couldn’t convert on 3rd down. What do we have like 100 yards of offense the entire game and 3 points to show for it. I don’t count the garbage time 99 yard TD drive. Our only other points came from turnovers giving us good field position. 

We played undisciplined with dumb penalties poor tackling there is nothing to hang our hat on in this. No moral victories. Blow it all up now. 

It's been said and re-said over the past few weeks, but there is nothing above average about any of this, therefore, there is nothing to lose in blowing it all up.

It's not like you want to save any part of it. If this was draw poker, and you could take 5 new cards, you would.

I wish all new, but my common sense tells me maybe Pace but the rest is back. This is a mediocre team for 2 years now. I attribute blame to lots of people but Pace is the key to not putting the right talent on the team. He spent the money just did a bad job of who he got. His 2019 draft with limited picks got us Monty(very good player), Duke Shelly (probably NB next year) and Ridley who will get a chance to play more next year with Miller-Robinson-Wims gone. 2020 draft has given up Kmet, Johnson,  Mooney, Vidor, and the rest making the team. Very good draft. He is awful with 1st picks but does very well with middle and late round picks. He legacy is MT and deserves to be gone just for that. 

I think Kmet, Monty, Johnson, Mooney are all blue chip type players and will get better moving forward. You live and die with the QB, we spent big money on D players and it has been disappointing. With the cap being 2 mil in the hole with only 35 players signed, its Mt Everest for us going forward. 

I would be perfectly fine if they just outright cut Jackson. He is the 2nd highest paid safety in the league and is completely worthless. He avoids contact, just runs around the field near plays watching others make the tackle. Then when you know they are trying to get you to jump, you jump offsides and gift them more points. He was on the coverage for a TD pass against and his penalty gave the Saints more points. Between him, Wims, and some questionable officiating, and that's the ballgame. 

If Pace is gone the new GM must be able to hire his own HC.  Forcing a new GM to keep an ineffective coach and staff severely hinders the GM search setting up the inevitable next rebuild. The only situation where this would even make sense is if you have great coach and staff but a piss poor GM that is clearly holding the team back.  Here everyone from top down is hindering this team. At the very least you fire Pace, and the new GM gets to decide if he wants to keep Nagy and his staff or start fresh with his guy. Idealy I want it all gone, Teddy, Pace, Naggy, all the way down to the water boy.   Purge the heck out of this organization.  Sad reality is whoever is running the show after this season will have a steep uphill climb to remaking this team into a consistent winner.  We have some good young talent on the team but need to cut the dead weight.  We've highly invested in the defensive side of the ball but when you watch the games it doesn't show.  Guys out of position, not tackling, high paid pass rushers getting little or no pressure.  With the money we spent and the supposed talent we have in our front 7 we should be harassing QB's on the regular, yet we don't. It starts up front if you can't get home your secondary gets exposed because they have hold their coverages longer.  On offense we are limited by talent at QB, OL, and WR.  

Definitely should be the new GM's choice.  If for some reason he decides to keep Nagy and this staff that's his prerogative, I just don't want to see us saddle a new GM by saying you must keep Naggy.  The new GM needs to have control of the roster and staff or your just tying his hands. 

40 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

If Pace is gone the new GM must be able to hire his own HC.  Forcing a new GM to keep an ineffective coach and staff severely hinders the GM search setting up the inevitable next rebuild. The only situation where this would even make sense is if you have great coach and staff but a piss poor GM that is clearly holding the team back.  Here everyone from top down is hindering this team. At the very least you fire Pace, and the new GM gets to decide if he wants to keep Nagy and his staff or start fresh with his guy. Idealy I want it all gone, Teddy, Pace, Naggy, all the way down to the water boy.   Purge the heck out of this organization.  Sad reality is whoever is running the show after this season will have a steep uphill climb to remaking this team into a consistent winner.  We have some good young talent on the team but need to cut the dead weight.  We've highly invested in the defensive side of the ball but when you watch the games it doesn't show.  Guys out of position, not tackling, high paid pass rushers getting little or no pressure.  With the money we spent and the supposed talent we have in our front 7 we should be harassing QB's on the regular, yet we don't. It starts up front if you can't get home your secondary gets exposed because they have hold their coverages longer.  On offense we are limited by talent at QB, OL, and WR.  

I would let the new GM decide Nagy's fate. I still think they need to clean house, including Nagy. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bertva said:

I think I finally understand what happened to the offense in this wild card game. Darnell Mooney would not have dropped that long TD.  Then without him you double Robinson and Single coverage on  Wims or Miller.

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Amazing how much different the game could have been had Mooney been playing. 

4 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

It's amazing how prescient the headlines here are. Nickelodeon?! And then it came true with a horrible slime graphic touchdown.

So the worst part was - all the slime graphics were for Saints TD's and not Bears. I actually watched most of the game on Nick - figured my 5 & 7 year old would enjoy it and to be honest - most of the time I don't care about the commentary anyway and I enjoyed it. They watch games with me anyway - but I think they enjoyed it a bit more watching it on Nick and some of the penalty explanations and stuff like that - which were more simple - were perfect.  

Not sure I'd want to watch every game on Nick - but I'm in for a few games a year.