Pick a QB

adam

Pick a QB  

10 members have voted

1. 1. If any of these QBs were available, which one would you choose if the contract was the same?

• Goff - 42-27, 263.3 Yds/G, 63.4% Comp, 7.5 Y/A, 107-55 TD-INT, 91.5 QB Rating, 314 rushing yards, 10 TD, 42 fumbles
    • Wentz - 35-32-1, 247.2 Yds/G, 62.7%, 6.7 Y/A, 113-50 TD-INT, 89.2 QB Rating, 1061 rushing yards, 8 TD, 58 fumbles
    • Trubisky - 29-21, 208 Yds/G, 64.0% Comp, 6.7 Y/A, 64-37 TD-INT, 87.2 QB Rating, 1057 rushing yards, 8 TD, 27 fumbles
    • Mayfield - 23-22, 241.6 Yds/G, 61.9% Comp, 7.4 Y/A, 75-43 TD-INT, 89.1 QB Rating, 437 rushing yards, 4 TD, 21 fumbles
    • Darnold - 13-25, 213.1 Yds/G, 59.8% Comp, 6.6 Y/A, 45-39 TD-INT, 78.6 QB Rating, 417 rushing yards, 5 TD, 20 fumbles

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I would do that 5 years ago, but he's got a lot of wear and tear.

No on Stafford. He is only 32 but a Lion.  Next we hear let's trade uniforms.  Sorry, but the Bears need to fix the position themselves through the draft.  If Nagy is a guru, let's see what he can do with a draft pick he helped pick. If we have to use a potential 1st rd pick to move up, I guess so be it.  As long as one top pick is used on oline.  

As for the poll, I would take Wentz out of this group. 

So these are the QBs closest to Trubisky in terms of stats with a few years of playing time. Some are just as polarizing for their fanbases, some have lost their jobs, and some are expected not to be back with their teams. 

We all know 99.9% of the people would take guys like Mahomes, Watson, Burrow, Herbert, Allen over Trubisky, but I was curious to see what people thought about other QBs in Trubisky's tier.

I didn't include the older guys as they have a shorter remaining career. All these guys have 10+ years left in the league.

I personally feel like Goff is solely a product of McVay and would already be a backup on any other team. Wentz's great play for 10 games a few years ago was obviously a fluke as he has been the worst starter in the league this year. For all the hype around Mayfield, unless things are perfect around him, he struggles mightily, so it is hard to get a read on how good he really is. Then you have Darnold, put on the worst team in the league with no O-Line or weapons on offense and got sacked week in and week out. I have no idea how good he is. However, I don't think any of these QBs could come to the Bears and make them better than they are right now. 

18 hours ago, Connorbear said:

I voted for Mayfield but I am intrigued with the idea of trading for Stafford if Detroit is willing to part with him for a 1st and a 3rd. 

Peace

Intrigued? Maybe. For a 1st and a 3rd? Absolutely not. Stafford is going into his 13th year in the league. The Bears should give up a 1st and a 3rd for a guy who only has a handful of years left, and likely doesn't have the same type of success in Chicago as he did in Detroit? No thanks. The Bears need to get out of the habit of attempting to find sloppy seconds, and actually find their own gem who will stick around for a decade or better. Otherwise that same old "this is how many QBs the Bears have had since the Packers had Farv and Rogers"-graphic gets displayed until we're old and gray.

19 minutes ago, jason said:

Intrigued? Maybe. For a 1st and a 3rd? Absolutely not. Stafford is going into his 13th year in the league. The Bears should give up a 1st and a 3rd for a guy who only has a handful of years left, and likely doesn't have the same type of success in Chicago as he did in Detroit? No thanks. The Bears need to get out of the habit of attempting to find sloppy seconds, and actually find their own gem who will stick around for a decade or better. Otherwise that same old "this is how many QBs the Bears have had since the Packers had Farv and Rogers"-graphic gets displayed until we're old and gray.

I'm simply looking at a possible SB window in the next 2-3 years if we can get the defense to return to it's former dominance. I absolutely agree that we need to find our own solution and would want them to also draft a QB. 

How about just next year's 1st round pick?

Peace

1 hour ago, jason said:

Find a cheap two year QB.  But draft one every year like you should anyway.  And I sorry, I'm already old and gray.  The next step is cold so they better get it right soon

12 hours ago, Connorbear said:

I'm simply looking at a possible SB window in the next 2-3 years if we can get the defense to return to it's former dominance. I absolutely agree that we need to find our own solution and would want them to also draft a QB. 

How about just next year's 1st round pick?

Peace

That would be more tolerable, but I'm still not a fan. IF this team were closer, as in one or two key pieces from being a contender for the next handful of years, then maybe. But I just don't think this team is built like that. I think there is over $40M of dead cap next year in Foles, Quinn, and Leno. On top of that, the top five cap hits next year are on a defense that couldn't get off the field against GB to save their life. In fact, the defense was confused! 

Either draft a rookie or get a really young guy. 

Side note: Deshaun Watson can be added to the poll above. He's unhappy.