What would you do if you were Trubisky?

jason

The Saints playoff game could very well be his last as a Chicago Bear. If he's a good QB, an NFL QB, wouldn't he want to truly display that for a future employer? Wouldn't he want to have a small piece of film to use to say, "The Chicago scheme severely limited me," and prove his actual abilities?

If I'm Trubisky, this is the time to open it up. I'm going for a new contract with a different team, because the time in Chicago is almost certainly over. I'm trying to make a highlight reel to impress GMs who think that not only is Chicago where WRs go to die, but it's also where QBs go to die.

If I'm him, on nearly every 50/50 opportunity, I'm throwing it up to give my WR a chance. If I'm him, when there is a read between a check-down and a deeper pass, and all other things are relatively equal, I'm going deeper every time. If I'm on the bootleg and nobody is immediately open, I'm tearing ass downfield trying to show versatility. There have been multiple games this year where he did not run, and should have.  

What I'm saying is, he really has nothing to lose. If he gets hyper-aggressive and succeeds, he just got a bigger contract and an excuse. If he does it and fails, everyone will still think he is a one-read QB who has accuracy issues downfield.

The problem is no matter how motivated he is , he is who he is. Scheme him to be successful and hope he doesnt make any mistakes. He is making 10 mil this year so I dont think he is coming back on a 2 year 16 deal. Which would work for me. The key is to draft a QB or recycle a released Matt Darnold type. How about Jamis Winston? He is on a one year contract.