Blow this crap up

adam

The team needs to make 2021 a reset year. Get rid of Phillips, Pace, Lazor, Furrey, Ragone and Pagano at a minimum. If you keep Nagy, tell him he is the HC only and the new OC will run the offense and call plays. Do your best to purge the roster, even consider taking on dead money this year to make 2022 better. If 2021 is going to be a reset year, let Nagy coach it as his final chance. If he doesn't improve, you don't waste a year on a new coach. 

Cut Leno, Massie, Hicks, Skrine, and Graham. Look to trade Jackson, Fuller, and Mack. The team will probably be stuck with the boat anchors of Quinn, Foles, and Trevathan in 2021, but all will be gone in 2022.

You do not resign Trubisky. Let Foles compete with a young FA and rookie. Look at guys like Mullens, Brandon Allen, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke. Sign some mid-level FA WRs like Patrick, Cole, Reynolds, Samuel, or Bourne. All will be upgrades over Miller and Wims. 

The team will get Cohen back next year, and I assume they will bring Patterson back for another couple of years. They still need another capable RB as Nall is not it.

The team is not that far from competing but they need to fix the most important spot on the field in order to take the next step. Draft a QB early, bring in one of the other young QBs, and have them compete with Foles for the starting job next year. 

The WR room needs an overhaul. Furrey is a bum and the culture in that group needs to change. Wims and Miller are prime examples of that. Wims has more punches than TD catches. Miller got ejected from more playoff games (1) than he has playoff TDs (0). ARob is too passive of a leader. Good possession receiver, but disappeared the last few weeks when the team needed him the most. 

The interior of the O-Line is a team strength, especially when you get Daniels back. If they can address OT, the line will be at least league average.

The defense really need to address safety and edge. I don't know what you do when you can't get a pass rush with Mack. Obviously Quinn is a liability, but maybe you only bring him in on obvious passing downs. I am almost thinking the team is better suited for a 4-3. I know that most plays are in sub packages, but you have a different type of LB in a 4-3 vs 3-4. 

The Bears have only beat 7 teams that ended with a winning record since 2018. 4 of those came against MIN, leaving 3 wins against teams that finished with a winning record. The yearly records correlate perfectly to them beating their schedule. Then you look into how they won those 3 other games. In the Seattle win, they won on a Pick-6 by Prince, against the Rams, Goff literally lost that game and somehow played worse than Trubisky. This year it was Brady forgetting what down it was. In those 7 wins, they only scored over 24 points once and needed great defensive efforts to win 6 of them. 

Signature Wins:

Week 2 - SEA 24-17 (Amukamara Pick-6)
Week 11 - MIN 25-20
Week 14 - LAR 15-6 (Goff 4x INTs and a Safety, Trubisky 110 passing yards and 3 INTs)
Week 17 - MIN 24-10

Week 4 - MIN 16-6
Week 17 - MIN 21-19 (MIN rested starters)

Week 5 - TB 20-19 (Brady doesn't know it's 4th Down)

What this shows is the entire Nagy era has been smoke and mirrors. They played to their schedule, beat bad teams, owned the Vikings, and basically got lucky. 

I can't think of another team that has won 28 games in 3 years and this is the list of "big" wins. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

The team needs to make 2021 a reset year. Get rid of Phillips, Pace, Lazor, Furrey, Ragone and Pagano at a minimum. If you keep Nagy, tell him he is the HC only and the new OC will run the offense and call plays. Do your best to purge the roster, even consider taking on dead money this year to make 2022 better. If 2021 is going to be a reset year, let Nagy coach it as his final chance. If he doesn't improve, you don't waste a year on a new coach. 

Cut Leno, Massie, Hicks, Skrine, and Graham. Look to trade Jackson, Fuller, and Mack. The team will probably be stuck with the boat anchors of Quinn, Foles, and Trevathan in 2021, but all will be gone in 2022.

You do not resign Trubisky. Let Foles compete with a young FA and rookie. Look at guys like Mullens, Brandon Allen, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke. Sign some mid-level FA WRs like Patrick, Cole, Reynolds, Samuel, or Bourne. All will be upgrades over Miller and Wims. 

The team will get Cohen back next year, and I assume they will bring Patterson back for another couple of years. They still need another capable RB as Nall is not it.

The team is not that far from competing but they need to fix the most important spot on the field in order to take the next step. Draft a QB early, bring in one of the other young QBs, and have them compete with Foles for the starting job next year. 

The WR room needs an overhaul. Furrey is a bum and the culture in that group needs to change. Wims and Miller are prime examples of that. Wims has more punches than TD catches. Miller got ejected from more playoff games (1) than he has playoff TDs (0). ARob is too passive of a leader. Good possession receiver, but disappeared the last few weeks when the team needed him the most. 

The interior of the O-Line is a team strength, especially when you get Daniels back. If they can address OT, the line will be at least league average.

The defense really need to address safety and edge. I don't know what you do when you can't get a pass rush with Mack. Obviously Quinn is a liability, but maybe you only bring him in on obvious passing downs. I am almost thinking the team is better suited for a 4-3. I know that most plays are in sub packages, but you have a different type of LB in a 4-3 vs 3-4. 

Please and thank you.  Except, keeping Nagy is not an option for success.  He need to go.  Anything involving him is simply a 100% wasted season and a waste of our time and energy.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I agree with all of this but don't think you will be able to trade Jackson, Fuller and Mack. I think Fuller will be the one to go. 

Also, I would fire Mike Furrey and cut Miller and Wims today. You have to send a signal immediately that this shit is not acceptable. 

Peace

The blow it up philosophy as really worked over the last decade since Lovie. 

I live in the UK, am a passionate Bears fan buying merchandise and getting to watch  the Bears when they play here. 

I listen to Chicago radio on ESPN, contribute to this board and listen to every press conference on periscope. I have to say to negativity from Bears fans is shocking. 

I know Mitch is not Mahomes and Pace made a mistake although he was the number one rated QB in the draft. My question is how many QB’s the Bears have had since 2000 are worse than Mitch. 

In the NFC North since 2000 how many QB’s would you takeover Mitch. Obviously Favre, Rogers and Stafford. 

I think the problem the Bears have is looking a Green Bay with envy. They managed to have 2 generational players at QB which is hard to swallow and this has had a direct impact on our success.

Rogers has hard as it is to swallow is one of the best QB’s of all time and how many teams passed over him in the draft.

I am as much worried about blowing it up because we may be here again in 4 years. If Ted Phillips is ready to step down or retire putting in place a football man at the top may be the only thing that is needed. 

Pace and Nagy haven’t been good but made the playoffs twice in the past 3 years. Do we need improvement Yes but this needs to be done rationally.

4 hours ago, Connorbear said:

I agree with all of this but don't think you will be able to trade Jackson, Fuller and Mack. I think Fuller will be the one to go. 

Also, I would fire Mike Furrey and cut Miller and Wims today. You have to send a signal immediately that this shit is not acceptable. 

Peace

Never trust a former mediocre Lion...

3 hours ago, 50england50 said:

I’m with you. Blowing it all up makes no sense.  This is the second time since Lovie, third if you count Fox.  After Lovie’s canning they went in hard reverse gear with Trestman and Emery and ever since Fox and Pace showed up have been in idle, while occasionally stripping the gears to move forward. 

6 hours ago, 50england50 said:
3 hours ago, 50england50 said:

I live in the UK, am a passionate Bears fan buying merchandise and getting to watch  the Bears when they play here. 

I listen to Chicago radio on ESPN, contribute to this board and listen to every press conference on periscope. I have to say to negativity from Bears fans is shocking. 

I know Mitch is not Mahomes and Pace made a mistake although he was the number one rated QB in the draft. My question is how many QB’s the Bears have had since 2000 are worse than Mitch. 

In the NFC North since 2000 how many QB’s would you takeover Mitch. Obviously Favre, Rogers and Stafford. 

I think the problem the Bears have is looking a Green Bay with envy. They managed to have 2 generational players at QB which is hard to swallow and this has had a direct impact on our success.

Rogers has hard as it is to swallow is one of the best QB’s of all time and how many teams passed over him in the draft.

I am as much worried about blowing it up because we may be here again in 4 years. If Ted Phillips is ready to step down or retire putting in place a football man at the top may be the only thing that is needed. 

Pace and Nagy haven’t been good but made the playoffs twice in the past 3 years. Do we need improvement Yes but this needs to be done rationally.

I have been watching this team since the late 70's, and ever since I got NFL Game Pass, I have watched the last 5-6 year's games multiple times. If you look at my posts, I try to be as optimistic and realistic as possible.

I have seen enough to know that Trubisky is a one-read QB. How many more games do you need to see? Go watch the Cleveland game and watch how Mayfield scrambles for a tough first down. He doesn't run out of bounds before the sticks. Trubisky, in his 4th year, is still running out of bounds and taking a sack instead of just lobbing the ball out of bounds. No offense to his intelligence, but those are huge red flags for his competency level. He is still reading his armband on every play. How many more years does he need an armband for every play? Some obscure plays sure, but every play? You can tell he has no clue what he is looking at or for. Most of his throws are his first read and he is going there regardless of the coverage. 

His QBR for the Wild Card game was 13.1. A league-average QB is 50. Of the other 11 Wild Card QBs, only one was within 36 pts of Trubisky's QBR (Wilson had 17.6). Heinicke, playing for WAS, name their top 3 WRs and TE, I'll wait. He put up a QBR of 63.2 against TB and almost beat Brady. You cannot win anymore without at least a league-average QB and Trubisky is not one and after 4 years he never will be. He has to be in the perfect system with a great O-Line, running game, and great receivers to just be good.

Please look at this. I used the same games for Nagy earlier, except have now extended to Trubisky's rookie year to see how he played when the Bears beat a team that ended the season with a winning record. So this looks at Trubisky's contribution to the team's win against a good team. Trubisky has started in 8 games that the Bears beat a winning team in his 4 seasons. He did not have one this year. Just look at his stats, and please tell me why we would want this misery again? His best game was Week 2 against SEA in 2018 when he threw for 200 yards, 200 yards. Think about that for a second. In that game, he threw 2 TDs, which was the only time in 8 games he had more than 1 passing TD. Look at some of those averages, there are some RBs that have better yards per carry than Trubisky has on his passing attempts. 

This list makes me sick:

Week 6 - BAL 27-24 (8-16, 113 yds, 7.1 AVG, 1 TD, 0 INT)
Week 7 - CAR 17-3 (4-7, 107 yds, 15.3 AVG, 0 TD, 0 INT) - 1x 70-yd pass to Cohen

Week 2 - SEA 24-17 (25-34, 200 yds, 5.9 AVG, 2 TD, 2 INT)
Week 11 - MIN 25-20 (20-31, 165 yds, 5.3 AVG, 1 TD, 2 INT)
Week 14 - LAR 15-6 (16-30, 110 yds, 3.7 AVG, 1 TD, 3 INT)
Week 17 - MIN 24-10 (18-26, 163 yds, 6.3 AVG, 0 TD, 0 INT)

Week 4 - MIN 16-6 (2-3, 9 yds, 3.0 AVG, 0 TD, 0 INT)
Week 17 - MIN 21-19 (26-37, 207 yds, 5.6 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT) - MIN rested starters

NO WINS AGAINST WINNING TEAMS

What more do you need to see?

What else do you need to see on Nagy? There is zero accountability in that locker room and it is clear the defense has gotten lazy since Fangio left. The penalties, missed tackles, missed assignments, wrong routes, etc, are all indicators of bad coaching. Do you know what else is? Halftime adjustments. No team was as bad as the Bears in the 3rd quarter because Nagy doesn't have the answers. Where were the adjustments? Do you know how many times he said he didn't see the play because he was too busy looking at his play sheet? 

To me it is clear he is over his head on all of this and is best suited at the position coach level. He is not an offensive mastermind if you haven't noticed. Trestman ran a better offense. He was brought in to fix the offense and it got worse. He couldn't develop a QB and may have actually made Trubisky worse.

The players like Nagy but no one is held accountable. Wims should've been cut after what he did. Furrey should've been fired too. Then Miller does almost the same thing in a playoff game against the same player. The dude is talking smack, just walk away. It's unbelievable. How about benching some guys for their performances? How can you watch Eddie Jackson avoid contact on every snap, then jump offsides like he was going to blow up some run? You allow your defense to play 12 yards off on 3rd and 5 and never question your DC on that? 

This is not rocket science and these guys are not PhDs in their fields. There is too much data out there now on trends and schemes that it's almost hard to be this bad on offense. That is exactly what we see week in and week out. Our offense looks like they are playing defensively and trying to prevent a turnover. 

I am ok with Nagy getting one more year due to his contract situation and the hope they reset in 2021 with the cap. Then bring in a real HC to start with a clean slate. After 3 years, besides the smoke and mirrors 2018, this team has played sub .500 ball and the coach has to shoulder that blame.

Pace has had 6 years to get this right. Go back and look at his draft picks and tell me why he should get a 7th year. His best draft pick was Roquan Smith, but guys that were originally good to great picks have dropped off so bad that they are not good picks anymore. What has Eddie Jackson done since 2018? He has never been the same since his injury. He is clearly avoiding contact and just watches the play. He has 2 INTs in his last 31 games. He had 8 in his first 30 games. He has 10 Passes defended in last 31 games, he had 21 Passes defended in his first 30 games. He is now playing like a mid to late-round pick, 1 INT per year with 5 passes defended. You don't make that guy the 2nd highest-paid safety in the league.

Besides all the draft failures, Dion Sims, Robert Quinn, Mike Glennon, and Markus Wheaton would like a word with you because Pace is just as bad in free agency as he is in the draft. He resigned Trevathan to an immovable deal yet let Kwit walk for less money. The list goes on and on.

Again, was Pace ok at his job fielding a serviceable team that got very lucky in 2018? Yes. Has he done enough in 6 years to keep him around for more? No. Pace has built a .500 ballclub and that is exactly what they have been for 2 years now.

Look at the schedule for next year. Unless there are massive changes, I will bet they will not win more than 6 games next year as currently constructed. So that is why you cut sling, use the low cap year in 2021 to reset the roster, let the new GM bring in his players in a rebuild year. 

Actually they are paying Trevathan less money than Kwit gets 15 mil  over his first  3 years, the last year a cut year. Kwit got 21 mil for 3 years. The last year he could be cut for nothing. 

I hope he gets fired because all of our problems are because his missed draft picks gave us big contract FAs to make up for it. Kevin White got us AROB. Floyd got us Quinn. MT got us Foles. He just spent bad money to put us in cap hell. It is real easy, Glennon-MT-Foles-Bray-Chase Daniels. these are his QB choices. enough said, he cant make another QB choice. 

Jackson, Quinn and Mack are untradeable.

I highly disagree that Fuller is untradeable and I think he could get a 2nd round pick for a team willing to extend him. Hicks should be traded as well. 

Do not let Robinson get away for free.......franchise him while simultaneously telling his representation to seek a trade. 

you CAN "tag and trade" but you need the cap room to tag, and to hold that space until you trade. And if teams know you NEED to trade him, the price goes down. And you might be stuck with him, which means all that money tied up.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/03/21/nfl-5-franchise-tagged-players-most-likely-to-get-traded/