Here are your choices- choose one

Stinger226

Seen this on the internet: QB room

1  MT, Foles, and a high draft pick

2 Foles a high pick and low pick

3 FA, Foles and high draft pick.

4 MT, FA and draft pick

5 High draft pick, FA, low draft pick

My interjection  Sign Jamis Winston, Foles, draft pick        Winston has a pick problem but is a scoring machine., Better than what we have.

Keep in mind it cost Foles 10.5 in dead money to go away so he is here no matter what (my opinion)

Toss Up

#1- not because I want it but because Pace has put the bears in a situation that is very tough to get out of with Foles.  Bring back Mitch on the cheap 3 year deal while the draft pick is being groomed.

#2- except no late rounder.  We have so many holes to fill in other positions.

Tony Romo said something in the game yesterday that rings as common sense.  He said that if you don't have anything better available, then we should keep what we have.  From the bears standpoint, we owe too much money to Foles to do anything outside of trading him.  As of right now we have no cap room.  So a good free agent is all but out of the question.  The problem for Mitch is that his options for starting are almost zero.  The only options I can see are Detroit, Houston (if Watson leaves) and maybe New England.  Every other team is either drafting a quarter back or has recently drafted a quarterback.

This is like picking which piece of roadkill looks most appetizing...    

I'd probably lean towards 3.  10.5 mil dead space on an already cap strapped team means Foles is likely back.  I would like (hopefully someone other than Pace) use a high pick on a QB.   I would not like to spend two draft picks on QB in the upcoming draft. Pick up an UDFA QB to take a flier on as a backup sure.  We have too many other needs to spend 2 of our limited picks at one position.    Other than Foles and a high pick, we'll want to go FA for either a backup or to compete with Foles to see who starts the season as a bridge QB.   Could that be Mitch(option 1)? Only way I'd bring Mitch back would be on a team friendly deal as a backup.  I don't know if Mitch is self aware enough to realize he's not a starting caliber QB in the NFL.  If he think's he's a starter, I'd say good luck elsewhere.  I could see, keeping Foles as a backup, the high round rookie, and another vet FA brought in to be the bridge QB.  When the new kid's ready to take over the bridge QB competes with Foles for the backup spot.  

4 hours ago, fudgeripple2000 said:

Tony Romo said something in the game yesterday that rings as common sense.  He said that if you don't have anything better available, then we should keep what we have.  From the bears standpoint, we owe too much money to Foles to do anything outside of trading him.  As of right now we have no cap room.  So a good free agent is all but out of the question.  The problem for Mitch is that his options for starting are almost zero.  The only options I can see are Detroit, Houston (if Watson leaves) and maybe New England.  Every other team is either drafting a quarter back or has recently drafted a quarterback.

He (Romo) also did say they see Winston staying in NO next year and use him as a replacement to Brees while keeping Hill as the rotational player.  

San Francisco will also be in play for a QB. I thinks they’re getting fed up with Jimmy G. 

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

None of the above.  I'm going:  MT, Foles and a mid QB.  Get the cap and OL fixed, then draft a QB high in 2022.  I'm willing to have a down year for a small reboot.

This to me makes the most sense.  Usually don’t like drafting high for OL but agree it’s time. 

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

3 FA, Foles and high draft pick.

That's my pick, but with a caveat: I say trade down in the first round, and gain an extra 2nd. That means the FA is mostly supplementary, someone very minimal in terms of cost and expectation.

Teams that could jump up: IND, TB, PIT, NO. Each of those teams have an aging QB on the edge of retirement and some degree of uncertainty.

Use the late 1st rounder, and both 2nd rounders, on a combo of QB, OT, OT in whatever order makes the most strategic sense based on where the chips fall. Both Mac Jones and Kyle Trask are available in the 2nd round in the Walter mock; so, it's at least possible. 

This looks great:

• Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
  • Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
  • Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

35 minutes ago, jason said:

That's my pick, but with a caveat: I say trade down in the first round, and gain an extra 2nd. That means the FA is mostly supplementary, someone very minimal in terms of cost and expectation.

Teams that could jump up: IND, TB, PIT, NO. Each of those teams have an aging QB on the edge of retirement and some degree of uncertainty.

Use the late 1st rounder, and both 2nd rounders, on a combo of QB, OT, OT in whatever order makes the most strategic sense based on where the chips fall. Both Mac Jones and Kyle Trask are available in the 2nd round in the Walter mock; so, it's at least possible. 

This looks great:

• Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
  • Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
  • Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

I like this - I would go as far as stating that just because you use one of those 3 picks on a QB, there is no obligation the front office has to use said QB as a franchise guy. This is more a first shot at rolling the dice, knowing that in a year if you like a different QB better and have a higher pick, than go ahead and go down that path. I would 100% be on-board with the 1st 3 picks as you outline Jason. In fact - I would be downright ecstatic with that outcome.  

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm going to take a good look at Mac Jones tonight.  Kyle Trask getting benched in bowl game is worrisome.

Mac looks really good...but it is hard to evaluate with the generational offensive talent he has as well as the absurd oline. I can't think of any Alabama QB who has been good and the little I saw of TUA this year was startling. I may be wrong - but he looks like a huge bust (in the sense that Mitch would run circles around Tua).