Halas Hall turd bowl

Connorbear

Anyone listen to the press conference this morning?  It was basically 88 minutes of nothing. We do know, however, that Ted "totally get's it" and George is spending his days replying to hate mail. 

Some days I absolutely hate being a fan of this team. Today is one of those days. 

Peace

4 hours ago, adam said:

That was the worse PR display since the McGinnis fiasco. What a load of crap. It is the same ole song and dance. They are so out of touch with the fanbase (and reality) it is sickening.

I sent a letter to the senior McCaskeys after the McGinnis fiasco. I never did here back from them but they did fire Mikey. 

Peace

5 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Anyone listen to the press conference this morning?  It was basically 88 minutes of nothing. We do know, however, that Ted "totally get's it" and George is spending his days replying to hate mail. 

Some days I absolutely hate being a fan of this team. Today is one of those days. 

Peace

One thing we learned is the every decision Pace makes about the bears i the "right decision".  He said it.  Really.  He did.

"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

I understand that you can't criticize yourself in a press conference.  But boy I have never seen anything like this today.   The only management., coaching catch phrase I did not hear is, "it's a process".

And I do have to disagree with you Adam about being so out of touch with the fan base.  I think they know exactly what the fan base is saying and why they were so non discript. They knew they were putting a band aid on a sorry team hoping we will buy into it for another year.  Do we have a choice?  I will watch what games I can and keep up with so called improvements during the off season.  I will not spend another time that goes into their coffer.  I believe their are a few season ticket holders on here.  And I understand why they would not want to give up that privilege.  I't could take a lifetime to get back.  But I don't know how a fan base holds a team really resonsible year after year.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

I understand that you can't criticize yourself in a press conference.  But boy I have never seen anything like this today.   The only management., coaching catch phrase I did not hear is, "it's a process".

And I do have to disagree with you Adam about being so out of touch with the fan base.  I think they know exactly what the fan base is saying and why they were so non discript. They knew they were putting a band aid on a sorry team hoping we will buy into it for another year.  Do we have a choice?  I will watch what games I can and keep up with so called improvements during the off season.  I will not spend another time that goes into their coffer.  I believe their are a few season ticket holders on here.  And I understand why they would not want to give up that privilege.  I't could take a lifetime to get back.  But I don't know how a fan base holds a team really resonsible year after year.

As a season ticket holder, the issue is losing the tickets and not getting them back. There is always a waiting list for season tickets so there is no incentive for the Bears to make changes. If I leave, someone else will snatch up those tickets immediately. 

Sometimes, I hate being a fan of this team. 

Peace

13 hours ago, Bill said:

"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

Bill, based on their words and actions, to me, I believe that the organizational leadership thinks both Pace and Nagy are doing good jobs. That's the disconnect with the fans. The team has been in the shitter for most of the last 35 years, so when you have 3 seasons in a row where you don't have a losing record, you are popping champagne bottles and handing out bonus checks. However, the fans don't see it that way. We feel literally the exact opposite way about Pace and Phillips and at least half the fan base feels that way about Nagy. However, inside Halas Hall, these guys can do no wrong.

They wouldn't discuss the term of Pace's current contract. Which is typically released to the public. Why the secrecy? Are they not proud of their decisions? 

George actually said that the Bears culture is the envy of the league and it's not about wins and losses. He is right, it is about the bottom line, and regardless of how bad the Bears do, they always have a top 10 bottom line. So this goes in line with not firing anyone who is still under a current deal, because that would be a sunk cost and hurt the bottom line. So Nagy and Pace are coming back if they are under contract. I expect a bunch of players that we want gone will be back because they don't want dead money on their books. Remember this is entertainment and business, and as long as the stadium is a sell out and jersey sales are strong, there is no reason to change.