Tarik Cohen's Twin Brother Died

Pixote

Hey, bottom line is that Tarik has all my sympathy, and I know, from losing a child, that nothing I can say will help him. Tarik has been a great Bear, solid player and involved in the community. He's the type of player you want on your team. I can just tell him that the pain of loss is always there.

36 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

Hey, bottom line is that Tarik has all my sympathy, and I know, from losing a child, that nothing I can say will help him. Tarik has been a great Bear, solid player and involved in the community. He's the type of player you want on your team. I can just tell him that the pain of loss is always there.

ChiliBear, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I also lost a child, my daughter, who was only 47, just before last Christmas. When I was younger I was foolish to believe people who told me time would help me deal with the loss of my wife. I lost my wife in 1986. She was only 32. Seemingly perfectly healthy until she had a massive heart attack and could not be revived. Her loss still haunts me to this day. Stay strong for those who share your loss. In Tarik's case, he mentioned 2 nieces who will need his support going forward. I have no doubt he will stay strong for them. 

16 hours ago, Pixote said:

ChiliBear, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I also lost a child, my daughter, who was only 47, just before last Christmas. When I was younger I was foolish to believe people who told me time would help me deal with the loss of my wife. I lost my wife in 1986. She was only 32. Seemingly perfectly healthy until she had a massive heart attack and could not be revived. Her loss still haunts me to this day. Stay strong for those who share your loss. In Tarik's case, he mentioned 2 nieces who will need his support going forward. I have no doubt he will stay strong for them. 

ChilBear & Pixote - Thinking of you today. Losing someone close to you is something you never fully recover from. Wishing you both the best. 

Peace

My condolences as well, It's always hard losing a loved one.  I lost my Mom to cancer less than a year after I got married, lost both sets of grand parents, and some aunts and uncles.  It's something you never fully move on from, time does make the hurt a little softer but you never forget, they will always live on in your memories. Always remember the good times.   Mom's passing has been the hardest one for multiple reasons.  She passed away 3 days after Mother's Day after a long battle with colon cancer,  my sister never once visited her and hardly associates with the family, blames every problem she has on Mom & Dad, that hurt Mom deeply as it did us, and lastly after a lengthy struggle my wife and are expecting our first and it's bitter sweet as our child will grow up never knowing who Grandma was.  Sadly death is a part of life.  Pix, I can't imagine losing your wife at such a young age and your daughter who was only 47 same with Chili losing a child.   It's a life lesson to take the time to show and tell those you love and cherish your time with them.  Sometimes it's easy to take family for granted.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, Pixote said:

Thanks Pix. yeah, I share your loss. Nothing can replace her.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:26 AM, Connorbear said:

ChilBear & Pixote - Thinking of you today. Losing someone close to you is something you never fully recover from. Wishing you both the best. 

Peace

Thank you Connor. Yes, it's tough, but bottom line, she was with us and we have those memories.