12 - at DET (THU - Thanksgiving)

13 - ARZ

14 - at GB (SNF)

15 - MIN (MNF)

16 - at SEA

17 - NYG

18 - at MIN

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Looks like I’ll be in Seattle the day after Christmas or Las Vegas in October!   First live Bears game.  I’ll be sure to wave at the camera!  

God I checked ticket prices for Raider game.  Just a quick check.   Lower level 4000 bucks for anything other than end zone.  Cheapest ticket I could find was over 500 bucks for nose bleed.  Not counting tax, title, and dealer prep, and service fee.  Live NFL games have priced me out of of ever going again.  And with a large screen tv, able to ff thru timeouts commercials etc. just a better experience.  I understand the whole tail gate party thing.  But a ten hour commitment for a game is a bit much.  Checked for NBA tickets to the last couple Kings cames in Sac.  Would never sit anywhere but lower level.  300 bucks.  A few years ago we bought a ten game package for under three grand for great lower level seats.  Will just watch sports on TV from now on.  

Just priced the total.  Two tickets visitors side just off the 50 first row.  7,700.  Where do I go for valet parking?   Gotta love Vegas where everything stays in Vegas.  Including your money.  But I knew that already.  Im just not in that tax bracket.  More power to those that are.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Just priced the total.  Two tickets visitors side just off the 50 first row.  7,700.  Where do I go for valet parking?   Gotta love Vegas where everything stays in Vegas.  Including your money.  But I knew that already.  Im just not in that tax bracket.  More power to those that are.

That is insane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, Stinger226 said:

A quick look will make you think 7-10 but as you watch the improvement of our team over last year , I can see a 2018 type season. 11-6 is my call. Main reason for this prediction,  lots of beer, tiger light. 

If I had to lump games into wins, 50/50, and losses today:

Wins: 7 -  2 - CIN, 4 - DET, 5 - at LVR, 8 - SF, 13 - ARZ, 15 - MIN (MNF), 17 - NYG

50/50: 6 - 3 - at CLE, 6 - GB, 12 - at DET (THU - Thanksgiving), 11 - BAL, 16 - at SEA, 18 - at MIN

Losses: 4 - 1 - at LAR (SNF),  7 - at TB, 9 - at PIT (MNF), 14 - at GB (SNF)

To me, the win range is 7-13, so 10 seems about right with the team splitting the 50/50 games.  The only reason I have the Thanksgiving game as a 50/50 is it's on a short week after a game against Baltimore. BAL is a 50/50 because the Bears will be coming off a bye. So those can swing both ways pretty easily.

LAR is hard on the road, week one. TB, PIT, and GB on the road will be tough.

Seattle and Cleveland are beatable teams, but a little harder on the road. I have at MIN in Week 18 as 50/50 because it will depend on playoff status at that point.

My prediction 10-7, last wild card team (Seed #7).

I've had my heart ripped out and left beating on a plate in front of me to many times in the last 40 years to predict wins vs losses.  I want to win it all but would be happy this year to see them turn the big corner going down hill not up.

Just read an article by H. Arkush.   Talking about how good Montgmery has been the last couple years vs other backs in the league.  Love Montgomery.  But he ends the article saying how nice would it be to have another Bronco, Walter, Anderson, Jones, Forte running back.  That would be nice.  But how much better would it be to have our first, Marino, Fouts, Rogers, Brees, hell even Stafford to go along with him first?

On 5/24/2021 at 9:49 PM, Bill said:

I've had my heart ripped out and left beating on a plate in front of me to many times in the last 40 years to predict wins vs losses.  I want to win it all but would be happy this year to see them turn the big corner going down hill not up.

Just read an article by H. Arkush.   Talking about how good Montgmery has been the last couple years vs other backs in the league.  Love Montgomery.  But he ends the article saying how nice would it be to have another Bronco, Walter, Anderson, Jones, Forte running back.  That would be nice.  But how much better would it be to have our first, Marino, Fouts, Rogers, Brees, hell even Stafford to go along with him first?

I'd rather see the next Covert, Bortz, Hilgenberg, Thayer, Van Horne combo.

• 4 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 8:19 PM, adam said:

If I had to lump games into wins, 50/50, and losses today:

Wins: 7 -  2 - CIN4 - DET, 5 - at LVR, 8 - SF, 13 - ARZ, 15 - MIN (MNF), 17 - NYG

50/50: 6 - 3 - at CLE, 6 - GB, 12 - at DET (THU - Thanksgiving), 11 - BAL, 16 - at SEA, 18 - at MIN

Losses: 4 - 1 - at LAR (SNF),  7 - at TB, 9 - at PIT (MNF), 14 - at GB (SNF)

To me, the win range is 7-13, so 10 seems about right with the team splitting the 50/50 games.  The only reason I have the Thanksgiving game as a 50/50 is it's on a short week after a game against Baltimore. BAL is a 50/50 because the Bears will be coming off a bye. So those can swing both ways pretty easily.

LAR is hard on the road, week one. TB, PIT, and GB on the road will be tough.

Seattle and Cleveland are beatable teams, but a little harder on the road. I have at MIN in Week 18 as 50/50 because it will depend on playoff status at that point.

My prediction 10-7, last wild card team (Seed #7).

I think this is still pretty accurate, though I would swap PIT and ARZ, and swap SF and DET.

With Fields starting, they should beat LVR, PIT, MIN, DET, and NYG.  They will still probably lose to TB, ARZ, and GB on the road.

They should be able to go at least 2-3 vs GB, SF, BAL, SEA, MIN. That is 9 wins. If they can sneak a 3-2 record out of those 5, that is a 10-win team. 

At the quarter point in the season, in the NFC Playoff picture, you have ARZ, DAL, TB, and GB as division leaders with LAR and CAR as the top 2 wild card teams. Then you have 5 teams tied at 2-2 (WAS, CHI, SEA, SF, and NO) for the final wild-card spot. WAS and NO are not very good, I think they will both fade. So it will come down to CHI, SEA, and SF for the last spot unless CAR fades, which is possible. The NFC West is brutal with ARZ, LAR, SEA, and SF. Those teams are going to beat up on each other, which will help the Bears. 

In the Division, Kirk Cousins is playing the best in his career and the Vikings are 1-3. After Detroit, they get CAR, then their bye (super early) and then DAL, BAL, LAC, GB, and SF. There is a chance that they are out of playoff contention before playing the Bears one time (first game is 12/20) in Week 15. 

GB starts a tough stretch with the Bears next week, then WAS, ARZ, KC, SEA, MIN, LAR. After the bye, they get the Bears again, then BAL, CLE, MIN before DET in Week 18. I assume they will be using that week as a bye week. The Bears need them to lose at least 6 more times, preferably 7. If you give them losses to KC, LAR, ARZ, BAL, then one to CHI and one to MIN, that is 6 losses and they still have to beat WAS, SEA, CLE, and CHI and MIN once. I would give them wins (6) against CIN, DET, CHI, MIN x2, WAS, then have them split (1) SEA, CLE, and losses to ARZ, KC, LAR, BAL, and CHI. That is 7-6 to finish 10-7. 

5 hours ago, adam said:

Good signing, they must like Smiths. 3rd one on the roster, correct?

Yes I believe so.  With Jaylon, Za'Darius and Preston, all of which are defensive players.  Similar to when they used to have two Rodgers on offense;  Aaron and TE Richard.  I'm sure the equipment manager / uniform person appreciates it when they do that.   

Along the lines of opportunity missed; I had seen some discussion about trying to bring Jaylon to Chicago (at the expense of Danny T) -which personally I was not a fan of.  But also the Panthers were able to wrest away CB Richard Gilmore from NE for relatively low cost and a sixth round pick(?) The same round pick the Bears gave up recently to get Jakeem Grant.  Obviously there's got to be more to it than that I'm sure,; like cost, Gimore's injury etc.  

33 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yes I believe so.  With Jaylon, Za'Darius and Preston, all of which are defensive players.  Similar to when they used to have two Rodgers on offense;  Aaron and TE Richard.  I'm sure the equipment manager / uniform person appreciates it when they do that.   

Along the lines of opportunity missed; I had seen some discussion about trying to bring Jaylon to Chicago (at the expense of Danny T) -which personally I was not a fan of.  But also the Panthers were able to wrest away CB Richard Gilmore from NE for relatively low cost and a sixth round pick(?) The same round pick the Bears gave up recently to get Jakeem Grant.  Obviously there's got to be more to it than that I'm sure,; like cost, Gimore's injury etc.  

To me, Gilmore is overrated and aging. Unless we were going all-in this year, I didn't think it would be a good pickup.

However, if Grant is effective, they can look to re-sign him in the offseason. For Smith, the injury history and coverage skills scare me >

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 5:23 PM, adam said:

I think this is still pretty accurate, though I would swap PIT and ARZ, and swap SF and DET.

With Fields starting, they should beat LVR, PIT, MIN, DET, and NYG.  They will still probably lose to TB, ARZ, and GB on the road.

They should be able to go at least 2-3 vs GB, SF, BAL, SEA, MIN. That is 9 wins. If they can sneak a 3-2 record out of those 5, that is a 10-win team. 

At 3-3, the Bears have to beat PIT, MIN, DET and NYG, lose to TB, ARZ, and GB, then go 2-2 against SF, BAL, SEA, and MIN to go 9-8. Still possible.