2021 Choice

adam

What option do you prefer, there are only two, the Red pill or the Blue pill?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the following options as a fan, which one would you take if you could pick one

• Red Pill (get it :) - Dalton starts all the remaining games and the Bears slide into the playoffs at 9-8 only to lose in the first round.
    • Blue Pill - Fields starts all the remaining games and the Bears go 5-12.

I've been saying that Dalton can't get us a Superbowl this year so based on what I saw out of Fields in the preseason there really isn't a scenario, other than injury, where I didn't see Fields becoming our starter mid-season.  We have $48mil to spend next year and a few years afterward to maximize the talent around Fields before his big contract.  If you want a shot at the Superbowl in 2022 while Mack is still an effective player you need Fields to get experience this year.  Of course Dalton is on a 1yr deal and Foles won't be around so there isn't much of an option behind Fields in 2022.  Knowing that, the last thing anyone in the organization needs is to go into 2022 not knowing a thing about how Fields can play.  If Fields fell apart sure bring back Dalton and let Fields learn again on the sidelines but Fields would be back out there the last couple games at least.  

For those same reasons if I'm Ryan "hot seat" Pace I'm demanding it at some point because I want to evaluate what Nagy can do with Fields to know if he's the right coach.   There are no more QB excuses for Nagy and if he can't get this much QB talent, who played on the biggest stages in college, ready to perform at a basic level then we know where the problem is. 

Maybe Pace goes down at the end of the year too but he can't think like that.  He still has to think long term in case he gets another year and if he does, will he need a new HC to ensure success with Fields?  Knowing or at least believing he has his QB now, that would be Pace's likely path to a long career in Chicago.  

With those future considerations and your limited options of course I'm taking Field's and the 5 win scenario.  

FWIW I really don't care about Nagy stating Dalton is still our starter.  If you listened closely to past press conferences he's already indicated, albeit subtly, if Fields is successful he'll stay out there.  I wouldn't expect him to burn any bridges with Dalton until it is necessary.  Nor do I want him telling opponents not to prepare for both QBs.  They aren't stupid either.  They saw the last game so nobody on the planet is expecting Dalton this week but there is no need to hand it to them on a silver platter.   

For the future of the team, why start Dalton for most of the year?  Running the ball and having 12 and 13 sets helped quite a bit. They need to role him out, move the pocket, many sets that could help him stay healthy. Does Fields have a lot to learn, of course, does he give us the best chance to win, yes.(only if Nagy is not calling the plays). I was in Nagy's corner to give him a chance this year to show us what he has got after the disasters he has had play calling. Yesterday, (Dalton is still our starter). Im all done with him. Nagy is a system guy, it doesnt matter the personal because his system works. HIs system works in KC because of Mahomes, Hill and Kelce. HIs stubbornness is going to get him gone. 

11 hours ago, ChileBear said:

You'll get there one day, just saying. :bang

I passed that age a long time ago.

I'm confused as to who to start at QB going forward.  But part of me thinks that Nagy would prefer to have Dalton because he thinks he is better suited to run "his" offense.  More short timed routes and other such stuff.  I'm afraid that if he puts Dalton in he will go back to calling plays to show how great is offense is.  I would rather have Fields-Lazor than Dalton-Nagy

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

HIs stubbornness is going to get him gone. 

That may end up as the final tag line for him.  I'm going to hope Pace, or maybe Nagy's wife talks some sense into him and tells him to shut up and enjoy being the Bears head coach.    

Nagy is liked by his players, a good thing, but stuck on a scheme when it is not productive is lame. Good coaches adapt to their personal. He finds that hard to do. I always want everyone to be successful as a Bear, but as some point, it is hard to trek through the fog.