Week 7 Official Game Thread - CHI @ TB , +12.5, O/U 47, SUN 10/24, 3:25PM CT - CBS

adam

This is a tale of polar opposites. The #1 Passing team in the league (TB) vs the 32nd Passing team in the league (CHI). TB is also the #1 rushing defense.

So it is:

TB Passing #1 vs CHI Pass Def #8, TB Rushing #28 vs CHI Rush Def #16

CHI Passing #32 vs TB Pass Def #27, CHI Rushing #7 vs TB Rush Def #1

So in a way, it is strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness.

Bears lead the league in sacks with 21. TB only has 12.  TB has 7 INTs, the Bears have 4 (thanks Jackson).

TB has beaten ATL, NE, MIA, and PHI, and lost to LAR. So they really haven't beaten a team with more than 2 wins. In contrast, the Bears have beaten CIN and LVR, both at 4-2 and lost to CLE (3-3), GB (5-1) and LAR (5-1). TB has the easiest schedule in the NFL, shocking for a Super Bowl Champion. They only one team left on their schedule that currently has 4 or more wins (BUF in Week 14). They theoretically can go 16-1 or 15-2 based on being favored in every remaining game. The Bears may be the toughest defense they face all year. 

This is a huge spread and opened at 13.5. The Bears should lose this game, but I don't think it will be by 2 TDs.

I am projecting a better output by the offense, but TB is too explosive on offense to keep up. I think it will be very similar to the Philly game for TB. 

TB 28-23 CHI, Bears score late to make it close.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, adam said:

28-23 CHI, Bears score late to make it close.

Who knows, maybe Brady will forget how to get to the stadium and show up at Gillette Stadium instead?  I mean he did lose track of downs when we played each other last year.  Dudes getting old like most of us.  Anything’s possible.  

6BA34CFE-2A27-47D4-B3BB-7F475DA8A4A7.gif

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Ouch.  I read elsewhere that Williams remains on the COVID list.  

I really hope Quinn doesn't miss the game. He needs two negative tests to play. If that was from Tuesday, there is a chance he can play on Sunday. 

Odd that Williams is still out, I assume that means he was not vaccinated. Herbert has looked great, but 

Pretty funny how everyone but the Bears organization knows how to unlock the offense. Most of us have been saying we can't be so predictable and rush on every 1st down, need to pass more with the run protection look (12 personnel) and give Fields some scripted run plays:

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I have a strange feeling it’ll be closer, like 21-17 and really think either team could win. Yeah I know it’s crazy to suggest but I don’t see a walk-away win from TB.  

TB beat PHI 28-22 and NE 19-17. So I figure we are close to those teams. They played Hurts and Jones. Fields is better. The Bears defense is better than PHI's and NE's, so we should at least hold them to something in the 20s. It is going to come down to the Bears offense vs Bucs defense.

1 hour ago, adam said:

TB beat PHI 28-22 and NE 19-17. So I figure we are close to those teams. They played Hurts and Jones. Fields is better. The Bears defense is better than PHI's and NE's, so we should at least hold them to something in the 20s. It is going to come down to the Bears offense vs Bucs defense.

Remember when Brady held up the 4 fingers last year and he got clowned on in memes?  He'll do it again, but for TD's, because he's petty that way.  28-13 Bucs

Line is down to +12. 

Antonio Brown, who was going to be the toughest matchup for the secondary is out. So is Gronk. So the defense now only has to worry about Evans/Godwin and Fournette. That is a much better matchup for the Bears defense.

The Bucs will start Dee Delaney and Jamel Dean at CB. Our WRs have to get open against these no-name guys. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Think his (Hicks) hammy injury could be a longer term issue. Good to see Williams back.  He’s a good alternative runner to Herbert.  

Hicks has a groin issue. I would just keep him out until after the bye. He keeps reaggravating it. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, madlithuanian said:

I see no other way this game goes other than TB winning.  And I don't think it'll be close.  They will carve us up on D.  And Nagy can't score more than 16.3 points a game.  We are in trouble. 

Bingo. Brady won't forget last year. He'll make it a point to guarantee this one has an exclamation point.

Brady: 24/32, 315yds, 4TDs; maaaaaybe one sack from the Bears. No way Brady holds the ball long enough to be in danger, and no way the NFL allows the Bears to beat up on him (i.e. expect lots of holding with no calls).

Bucs 30 - Bears 13

I'm just watching Eddie Jackson on every defensive snap. 

He comes up to the LOS then turns his back on Fournette who runs right behind him for a huge gain. Then on TD run, Fournette runs right at Jackson who is there to touch him a yard into the end zone. Ugh.