Week 8 Official Game Thread - The Overrated Coach Bowl - SF @ CHI , +3.5, O/U 39.5, SUN 10/31, 12PM CT - FOX

adam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, NAMEDSONPAYTON2 said:

Illegal man down field on td

Yep, ridiculous. Bears get called when Whitehair is 1.5 yards downfield, but 49ers can be 2+ yards downfield with ball in the air?

Great play by DHC to save a TD. Then Quinn held again on that Jimmy G keeper. Another ez call missed. 

At least they missed the XP, Bears still lead 16-15 lol.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And the defense gives up again.  Garrapolo runs for a second TD to seal the game.  Game over. 

Yeah, it was masked by the FGs and missed kicks earlier. SF has yet to punt. The defense looks terrible. Not what I expected. 

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This was a game of who would struggle less.   SF has managed to get their collective sh*t together late in the game where the Bears have petered out. 

Defense has been gashed on screens. Can't send fewer defenders on that side, easy big gain when you have extra blockers. 

Same on the pitch plays. Bears offense needs to take notes. 

I think we saw our team today. We saw the strengths, the weaknesses - the roster.

For the first time we could see it because the game plan and play calling was regular. It wasnt inspired and genius, but it wasnt random and illogical. It was regular football.

We have a way to go, and Fields has to keep developing. But if anything is clear from today, it is that you could see FOOTBALL for the first time since Nagy was here. Not overly cute fancy and out of rhythm calls.

We have a lot to fix before we will be a contender, but there is no reason for Nagy to even return.

Welp that does it, 3-5 and out of the playoff race. Too many teams in front of them. Defense didn't stop SF on a single drive, they never punted. There is so much money on that side of the ball, they have to be better. Anywhere hear Goldman's name called? Dude is a ghost. DLine was supposed to be a strength, but the Bears are getting beat in the trenches. 

On the bright side, definitely Fields best game, even without any legit WRs and a bad O-Line. The rest of the year is no longer about wins and losses. Let's just see Justin gain experience and improve. 

Bears have to be sellers by Tuesday. Trade pretty much anyone on defense besides Roquan and Johnson. I would make pretty much anyone on the offense available outside of Fields, Monty, and Herbert. Obviously, keep Borom and Jenkins, but I would even let Daniels, Whitehair, or Mustipher go if someone is willing to give up draft capital for them. 

5 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think we saw our team today. We saw the strengths, the weaknesses - the roster.

For the first time we could see it because the game plan and play calling was regular. It wasnt inspired and genius, but it wasnt random and illogical. It was regular football.

We have a way to go, and Fields has to keep developing. But if anything is clear from today, it is that you could see FOOTBALL for the first time since Nagy was here. Not overly cute fancy and out of rhythm calls.

We have a lot to fix before we will be a contender, but there is no reason for Nagy to even return.

This shows the roster construction by Pace is flawed. Zero playmakers outside of Fields and Herbert. WRs that can't get open, and too many dropped/tipped passes. Not a single offensive player has helped Fields out. Defense is now overpaid and old, keep 3-4 players, and firesale the rest. 

At this point, the team should move on from both Pace and Nagy.

Deebo had an 83-yard and 50-yard reception (133 yds, Bears WRs had 117 yds total). Completely unacceptable, especially when they occurred, 25 secs left in the half when you need to protect against the explosive play and on a 3rd and 19 when you know they are going to the screen. 

ARob cannot get open, his performance has been pitiful. I thought he was a great possession WR, but fall is beyond belief. He had 3 receptions for 21 yards. Kmet, James, and Goodwin had more yards than him. Byrd got 50+ ball in NE last year and Nagy and staff cannot figure out how to get him the ball.

Herbert had another solid game. 

I thought DHC was an upgrade over Jackson.

33 minutes ago, adam said:

This shows the roster construction by Pace is flawed. Zero playmakers outside of Fields and Herbert. WRs that can't get open, and too many dropped/tipped passes. Not a single offensive player has helped Fields out. Defense is now overpaid and old, keep 3-4 players, and firesale the rest. 

At this point, the team should move on from both Pace and Nagy.

yes, I agree.

Shame D didn’t turn up today. I thought Fields played is best game by far. 
Losing Williams early on impacted on Herbert’s game. 
Will be hard getting into the playoffs especially because Mack is likely to miss some games. 
Can’t work out A Rob he hasn’t had a decent QB before Fields and has regressed massively which could be due to him being tagged this year. If we traded him at the deadline I don’t think we would miss anything. 

Hicks was back but not playing up to par other than a few plays.

Goldman has yet to show up.

Quinn was off, but didnt practice all week.

The offense finally shows some rhythm and some promise and the D blows up. 

I think it comes down to bad offensive coaches that cant put an offense together. There is talent here, but cant put a consistent offensive together. I think Desi is fine, just needs more talent.