The Same O'le Same O'le - What A Complete Joke

Lucky Luciano

This franchise is unbelievable. George is a complete imbecile that couldn't run a fast food chain. They could have just run a replay of the 2015 presser. Even that was less stupid than what I heard today.

Every bit of goodwill and hope is just pie in the sky. This franchise will NEVER amount to anything as long as this family owns them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ted said he didnt regret hiring Matt and Ryan because they check a lot of boxes I think we got all the information we needed.

Also, I'd like to point out the difference between equality and equity, since Nagy wore a hat proclaiming equity, and they have just hired someone with the word in their title.

Equality is a fair playing field, with equal access to everything you need to succeed. That is an admirable goal and no one with any heart opposes it. It is widely supported by people all across political, ethnic, religious etc backgrounds.

Equity is equality of OUTCOME no matter how hard you do or don't work. It's participation trophies and communism. It's a season that is determined for each team to end 8-8 no matter who scores more points, works harder, runs faster etc. One requirement of equity would be that half your team should be female for example. It is the antithesis of freedom, competition and sports.

This is how you find a guy like Nagy to be a compelling hire. He's friendly. He's non threatening. He isnt going to compete with you, he will share with you.

There is no way to balance a culture of equity with winning. They are antithetical to each other at their very core. This is the corporatization of the Bears. Say the right stuff while you hold your own wealth and power in the shadows.

Please do not mistake this for EQUALITY. In society, equality must mean equal access to education, capital, justice in courts and everything else. No matter what you believe about the current state of those things, EVERYONE agrees that we should share those values. But then the work starts, and people who work longer hours, harder, with better plans and ideas will obviously rise in wealth.

This is not how someone who inherited their team thinks. McCaskey is alternately entitled (letting himself off the hook from accountability) and guilty (preaching equity without having ANY intention of actually giving away his wealth). The Bears are pussies. And it's not David Montgomery or Roquan Smith's fault. They know what hard work is. Each has succeeded by outworking their competitors. They dont want equity. They want to win. And the players' work ethic and desire has hidden a lot of the rot in this organization.

I'm disgusted by all of this. These are simply not winners. They dont even know what it means.

8 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

This franchise is unbelievable. George is a complete imbecile that couldn't run a fast food chain. They could have just run a replay of the 2015 presser. Even that was less stupid than what I heard today.

Every bit of goodwill and hope is just pie in the sky. This franchise will NEVER amount to anything as long as this family owns them.

Yeah, that was almost worse than last year. The only difference is they fired Nagy and Pace. 

Further, the admonishing the high schoolers at Cary Grove High School was completely ridiculous and unnecessary. 

I had a personal interaction with George with regards to my season tickets years ago. He was a douche then and remains a douche.

Peace

3 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I'm disgusted by all of this. These are simply not winners. They dont even know what it means.

i don't think i have heard anything like this in the world of sports. the stupidity and ineptness of the people running this clown car called the chicago bears has to go down in corporate history as what you never want to do if your goal is to succeed.

top that off... georgie basically called olen krutz a liar and insignificant "you can take what olen says with a grain of salt". that he was offered $15 an hour to work for the organization.

well that surely will buy good will from ANY former chicago bear player now or in the future.

2 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Yeah, that was almost worse than last year. The only difference is they fired Nagy and Pace. 

Further, the admonishing the high schoolers at Cary Grove High School was completely ridiculous and unnecessary. 

I had a personal interaction with George with regards to my season tickets years ago. He was a douche then and remains a douche.

Peace

I agree on the highschooler comment. I commented to my friends.... why the freak is he talking about the high school football game?????? 

I had a personal interaction with Geroge about my tickets too, he was awesome to me. Surprised you say that. Maybe I got him on a good day? 

6 hours ago, Lucky Luciano said:

100% agree lucky.  We simply replaced Ted with George. (like they weren't joined at the hip anyway)  There were two positives I took from the presser: first is Bill Polian.  I am a true fan of his for many reasons.  He blows the Ernie Accorsi role as consultant away.  Now, will George listen as he did when he followed Accorsi's recommendation of John Fox.  Second, was his comment about staying out of football decisions.  If he holds to his word, in Polian I trust.

6 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Peace

I had a personal interaction with him as well, away from football and he was every bit the douche and maybe more.

6 hours ago, Chitownhustla said:

I agree on the highschooler comment. I commented to my friends.... why the freak is he talking about the high school football game?????? 

I had a personal interaction with Geroge about my tickets too, he was awesome to me. Surprised you say that. Maybe I got him on a good day? 

In my 3rd year of season tickets, I found out my seats were in the drip line of the stadium and we would get soaked whenever there was an ice melt. I spoke personally with George and he moved my seats to multiple different locations for the rest of the season with the promise we would discuss a new seat location after the season. The season ended and I did not hear from him. I received my seat invoice and it was the last seat assignment for the year. I called George and he reminded him of his promise and he said I hadn't had season tickets long enough to me warrant getting a choice. I could either stay where I was or move to the 400 level. 

Peace

8 hours ago, Lucky Luciano said:

i don't think i have heard anything like this in the world of sports. the stupidity and ineptness of the people running this clown car called the chicago bears has to go down in corporate history as what you never want to do if your goal is to succeed.

top that off... georgie basically called olen krutz a liar and insignificant "you can take what olen says with a grain of salt". that he was offered $15 an hour to work for the organization.

well that surely will buy good will from ANY former chicago bear player now or in the future.

I agree that George handled the Olin situation poorly. He should have just said he wasn't going to comment . That being said, Olin was offered the standard contract they offer anyone who they are considering to assist the coaching staff with training camp. It's not if they lowballed him compared to someone else. 

Peace

29 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

I agree that George handled the Olin situation poorly. He should have just said he wasn't going to comment on the situation. That being said, Olin was offered the standard contract they offer anyone who they are considering to assist the coaching staff with training camp. It's not if they lowballed him compared to someone else. 

Peace

I think that was Olin's point - that they don't make honest respectful efforts to take advantage of the talent and enthusiasm they have in former players. And maybe all franchises are like that, i dunno. Bu i thinkt hat was Olin's point, not a personal one about just himself, but about how the organization is in general.

I get that the McCaskey presser was terrible, but George (no offense) is not a very articulate guy. However, you have to at least applaud the moves. It could've been easy to keep both Pace and Nagy. They could've blamed COVID, injuries, etc, and said look Nagy has a winning record. Pace has built a young core that can turn this thing around quickly. I am just glad they didn't go for the fool's gold. Then to move Phillips out of anything related to football decisions is exactly what everyone wanted. No more Phillips, Pace, or Nagy. That is about the best outcome that could've occurred. Also, would you rather have McCaskey looking for new GMs or someone like Polian? Accorsi and Polian are on two different levels. Polian is way more connected than Accorsi ever was. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I get that the McCaskey presser was terrible, but George (no offense) is not a very articulate guy. However, you have to at least applaud the moves. It could've been easy to keep both Pace and Nagy. They could've blamed COVID, injuries, etc, and said look Nagy has a winning record. Pace has built a young core that can turn this thing around quickly. I am just glad they didn't go for the fool's gold. Then to move Phillips out of anything related to football decisions is exactly what everyone wanted. No more Phillips, Pace, or Nagy. That is about the best outcome that could've occurred. Also, would you rather have McCaskey looking for new GMs or someone like Polian? Accorsi and Polian are on two different levels. Polian is way more connected than Accorsi ever was. 

I couldn't have said it better - I agree 100%

1 hour ago, adam said:

i have to respectfully disagree. i do NOT applaud the moves that were made.

1. did he fire nagy and pace? yes. that was the absolute minimum and obvious move to make. from that point on everything went south. the point of all of this is a change that moves this franchise forward. we did not see that at all. it's the same philosophy, the same way of running this franchise that has gone on since jim finks left the building and mike mccaskey became the football guru. it has failed for over 40 YEARS!

2. ted phillips moving out of football decisions: again this is not the case. it was just sleight of hand with smoke and mirrors included. ted phillips is not out of football operations. georgie affirmed that at the presser. he stated when asked who was going to govern and oversee the gm and who is hired and the answer is himself (a self proclaimed fan rather than football minded force) along with the board (family members? mother? who exactly?) and ted phillips. please tell me what is different that what we have lived through for 4 decades.

3. bill polian: again this is sleight of hand. polian is what? 79 years old? has this franchise hired him full time and a manager or at the very least even a full time consultant? the answer to that is NO. this is a guy who has been out of the NFL loop for over 10 years. a guy who is selling a book and needs the promotion. a guy who has absolutely no responsibility to this franchise once a gm or coach has been chosen. a guy whose thoughts and ideas are way behind the the times on how the nfl is even run.

let's be frank. if you are the top executive in charge of running football operations for this franchise and you have to hire an outside consultant not once but TWICE to choose who is going to make all the critical football decisions, you are in deep water with someone standing on your shoulders. it's stupid and it's the same stupid that has made this franchise what it is today. the smart move would have been to hire a president of football operations to make the decisions that georgie is incapable of making. otherwise in another 5-7 years we will be doing this all over again. we have gained NOTHING.

4. AGAIN, we have non football people (unless the ancient polian is involved) in searching for a head coach and gm. excuse me.... who in their right mind is going to want to become the GM of this lame ass franchise and be stuck with a coach and football personnel they didn't even hire? it's the same stupid backward idiocy that has been perpetrated by upper management forever. hire a coach then force the new gm to work with him.

this is just de'ja vu all over again.

26 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

i have to respectfully disagree. i do NOT applaud the moves that were made.

1. did he fire nagy and pace? yes. that was the absolute minimum and obvious move to make. from that point on everything went south. the point of all of this is a change that moves this franchise forward. we did not see that at all. it's the same philosophy, the same way of running this franchise that has gone on since jim finks left the building and mike mccaskey became the football guru. it has failed for over 40 YEARS!

2. ted phillips moving out of football decisions: again this is not the case. it was just sleight of hand with smoke and mirrors included. ted phillips is not out of football operations. georgie affirmed that at the presser. he stated when asked who was going to govern and oversee the gm and who is hired and the answer is himself (a self proclaimed fan rather than football minded force) along with the board (family members? mother? who exactly?) and ted phillips. please tell me what is different that what we have lived through for 4 decades.

3. bill polian: again this is sleight of hand. polian is what? 79 years old? has this franchise hired him full time and a manager or at the very least even a full time consultant? the answer to that is NO. this is a guy who has been out of the NFL loop for over 10 years. a guy who is selling a book and needs the promotion. a guy who has absolutely no responsibility to this franchise once a gm or coach has been chosen. a guy whose thoughts and ideas are way behind the the times on how the nfl is even run.

let's be frank. if you are the top executive in charge of running football operations for this franchise and you have to hire an outside consultant not once but TWICE to choose who is going to make all the critical football decisions, you are in deep water with someone standing on your shoulders. it's stupid and it's the same stupid that has made this franchise what it is today. the smart move would have been to hire a president of football operations to make the decisions that georgie is incapable of making. otherwise in another 5-7 years we will be doing this all over again. we have gained NOTHING.

4. AGAIN, we have non football people (unless the ancient polian is involved) in searching for a head coach and gm. excuse me.... who in their right mind is going to want to become the GM of this lame ass franchise and be stuck with a coach and football personnel they didn't even hire? it's the same stupid backward idiocy that has been perpetrated by upper management forever. hire a coach then force the new gm to work with him.

this is just de'ja vu all over again.

As Chicago Fans we have recently watched the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawk turn around their franchise. 

What did the Cubs do ? What did the Bulls do? What did the Blackhawks do....... They all did what the Bears refuse to do. IT starts at the Top and at the Top of the Bears its George. George has told us with this own mouth he is just a fan. Being a Fan myself, on the outside looking in i didn't need to talk to Bill Polian and other NFL guys to know Pace and Nagy needed to be fired. The McCaskeys are afraid of Change. Bears need major change. I pray Polian helps George make the right decision. If he doesn't we will be right back to this same position within 4 to 5 years. George will then need to call the Next Ernie or Bill for advice on whether to fire the new GM and HC. Wouldn't it be nice if the Bears had a guy that could make those decisions because they are qualified to do so. 

14 minutes ago, Chitownhustla said:

As Chicago Fans we have recently watched the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawk turn around their franchise. 

What did the Cubs do ? What did the Bulls do? What did the Blackhawks do....... They all did what the Bears refuse to do. IT starts at the Top and at the Top of the Bears its George. George has told us with this own mouth he is just a fan. Being a Fan myself, on the outside looking in i didn't need to talk to Bill Polian and other NFL guys to know Pace and Nagy needed to be fired. The McCaskeys are afraid of Change. Bears need major change. I pray Polian helps George make the right decision. If he doesn't we will be right back to this same position within 4 to 5 years. George will then need to call the Next Ernie or Bill for advice on whether to fire the new GM and HC. Wouldn't it be nice if the Bears had a guy that could make those decisions because they are qualified to do so. 

keep this in mind.... this stuff SHOULD have been on a big board already by a genuine president of football operations or by georgie, ted, the board or whoever these clowns are that make the decisions. they should have a board with every single person who looks like a candidate for GM, head coach, assistant coach/coordinator, or any important cog in how a football franchise works. thus using established nfl people or up an comers from the college ranks and have them rated as to capabilities and availability. they never do this.

every time this franchise implodes it is like some kind of shock to them. they are like chickens with their heads cut off running in random circles. they are too stupid to make the calls themselves and then have to find someone out there not even related to this franchise and how it works to make the football decisions that are critical moving forward.

just one detriment to this way of running your franchise is by the time you decide to even hire an outside consultant or board of consultants (this happened too) you have lost time. critical time needed to contact the correct people to fill the vacancies. it also has limitations. if the person who they hire fails, he has no accountability for this failure. it's just... uhhhh well, we'll look for someone else next time. it's ultimate ignorance of the processes that are needed to make you successful and they don't even seem to realize it.

I’m so sick of this dumbass McCaskey family. They can’t do anything right.

Now it seems they are looking for, and requesting to interview, various head coaches even though they do NOT HAVE A GM YET! That’s Cary before the horse, and exactly how you create a situation where none of the top GMs want to apply.

Then again, maybe that is their intent?

17 minutes ago, jason said:

I’m so sick of this dumbass McCaskey family. They can’t do anything right.

Now it seems they are looking for, and requesting to interview, various head coaches even though they do NOT HAVE A GM YET! That’s Cary before the horse, and exactly how you create a situation where none of the top GMs want to apply.

Then again, maybe that is their intent?

I think with almost all of the candidates, they can't actually interview them until next week (and even than I don't know if that is the case or not).  So this is more I think getting the plumbing set-up (maybe there are certain candidates they want to interview first because they would want to pick the GM (so inverse) so that could be by design. But my gut was this was more of a - we are going to interview GM's fast and try to get that done soon, but in meantime, lets get a pipeline of candidates lined up so that when the GM comes in, he can validate/add names, but know that at least 80% of the right names are on there and the new GM can operate with the right speed from there.

If instead the new GM is going to be held to that list - yeah - that would be a disaster, but my presumption is that will not be the case. Fact that they are interviewing a lot of experienced GM's would also imply to me that they intend to hand the reigns over to that experienced individual.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If instead the new GM is going to be held to that list - yeah - that would be a disaster, but my presumption is that will not be the case. Fact that they are interviewing a lot of experienced GM's would also imply to me that they intend to hand the reigns over to that experienced individual.  

Agree with Jason on what he asked.  Was asking the very question earlier.  Another question, if there is no GM is in place why bother telling us who is on HC interview list? Do we know whether the new GM will even want to interview any of these people? Is it just to placate us fans so we know the team is giving it due diligence on looking for a new staff?  The HC list seems like a waste of time for now.  

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agree with Jason on what he asked.  Was asking the very question earlier.  Another question, if there is no GM is in place why bother telling us who is on HC interview list? Do we know whether the new GM will even want to interview any of these people? Is it just to placate us fans so we know the team is giving it due diligence on looking for a new staff?  The HC list seems like a waste of time for now.  

These are requests - this doesn't mean they will actually interview everyone. But do you want a GM to get hired, than you make formal requests and have nothing scheduled and so you have to get on the calendar with guys who already have 5 or 6 interviews lined up? Or would you rather be hired as the GM - look at the list knowing everything is lined up and now he just has to prioritize, and add or remove names from the list, but at least has a leg up.  

If it were me - I would much prefer having a good starting point knowing I could hit the ground running than having to start from scratch. Might save a few days in the process.  It would be different to me if George is meeting with all of the people on this list without having a GM. That would not make sense to me. 

Reality is - how you do this will differ. You can hire the HC first or the GM first.  There are certain HC's that to get them, they will need to be the first hire. For example - Harbaugh is not coming here without having a hand picked GM. He isn't going to get Balked' again.  Flores is probably in that same boat - where he isn't coming to work for a GM - he is the main hire and will have control and hand pick his GM.   

9 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

They dont know what they are doing, and Bill Polian is hardly the guy to see the difference between a Nagy type, whos super modern offense is 2 generations (3 seasons) out of date, vs the new blood thats inventing the new thing. And obviously they are therefore also unable to see who is able to change with the times, and who will "be them" as everything around them burns"

I LOVE the Bears, but I have to wonder what it is exactly that I love. Uniforms? Surely not the ownership. I have players I really like, but I dont know if I can keep following this organization decade after decade of this. I dont know how I would stop. But its a thought in my mind.

3 hours ago, Chitownhustla said:

I pray Polian helps George make the right decision. If he doesn't we will be right back to this same position within 4 to 5 years. George will then need to call the Next Ernie or Bill for advice on whether to fire the new GM and HC.

Living outside off Indy, I've seen a lot of Polian.  He's a pros pro.  He's still involved with the league with the competition committee. I think he's written three books on organizational development.  Funny that's the amount of franchises he's taken to the Superbowl.  If George listens to Polian, I have better faith in that decision than with anyone else on earth.

4 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Living outside off Indy, I've seen a lot of Polian.  He's a pros pro.  He's still involved with the league with the competition committee. I think he's written three books on organizational development.  Funny that's the amount of franchises he's taken to the Superbowl.  If George listens to Polian, I have better faith in that decision than with anyone else on earth.

I don't know anyone better he could listen to. He has ran 3 orgs which successfully made it to the Superbowl (Bills, Panthers, and Colts).  I think anyone complaining about Polian being involved is nitpicking (but is entitled to that opinion). Either way - I fully expect Bears are going to swing big at Harbaugh. Only question is will they swing big enough and will he actually be interested in moving over. 

27 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Reality is - how you do this will differ. You can hire the HC first or the GM first.  There are certain HC's that to get them, they will need to be the first hire. For example - Harbaugh is not coming here without having a hand picked GM. He isn't going to get Balked' again.  Flores is probably in that same boat - where he isn't coming to work for a GM - he is the main hire and will have control and hand pick his GM.   

I get it.  Certain coaches who have more gravitas will have more say in who THEY work with.  Seems backwards thinking to me but whatever.  

The question I had to do with announcing the HC interview list, to the public, in the first place?  Sure they maintain a list but maybe have the GM see it when they arrive?  What purpose does it serve telling us about it?  Especially, if as you suspect, Harbaugh is the one they really are going after?  And so far from what I’ve seen he’s not on the list. 

8 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I get it.  Certain coaches who have more gravitas will have more say in who THEY work with.  Seems backwards thinking to me but whatever.  

The question I had to do with announcing the HC interview list, to the public, in the first place?  Sure they maintain a list but maybe have the GM see it when they arrive?  What purpose does it serve telling us about it?  Especially, if as you suspect, Harbaugh is the one they really are going after?  And so far from what I’ve seen he’s not on the list. 

They don't announce it - the agents of the coaches do and they leak it to media reporters. This isn't anything odd - every single team has this happen. And just like that - some very good teams have HC's who have final say and roster control and other real good teams are structured the other way. There is no right way to do it in this regard (no data shows one works better than the other at this point in the NFL).

Similarly - on everyone clammoring for a president - the president is just another way of saying GM depending on the org. Tribune and other media outlets had some real good articles on it about a week or two ago talking about the different structures, but reality is more in how you pay your people and how many people in the building. One of the biggest changes under Pace was the Bears literally trippled the amount of front office people they had (greatly increasing their resources to be much more in-line with how more modern orgs are structured vs. historical org that was very small).  

10 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Harbaugh's name will never show up on the list until after. Bears don't have a tracker that they put up.  None of us will know of the Harbaugh stuff until after and it will all be rumor. Either way - one thing I know for sure - Harbaugh will either get a contract extension and pay raise at Michigan because of this or he's getting an NFL job.