TE:

DC:

Dline:

LB: Dave Borgonzi

DB: James Rowe

SP Team: Rich Bisaccia

Added the confirmed in bold, some interviews/candidates non-bold

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I have heard rumors that since Denver hired Nathan Hackett, GBs OC to be their HC that Aaron Rodgers will follow.  

I would think if Getsy is that good, Hackett or GB would lock him in quick.

Hmm. stay in GB and run the offense with Jordan Love and where your HC is still "the guy" for the offense or go down the road and run the offense with Justin Fields and blaze your own path?  

I don't get it, maybe I'm dense. LOL

Many of us wanted Daboll as HC because of his experience in developing Allen who has similar skill sets as Fields.

So we get a DC as our new HC, with the idea of having someone as an OC to make sure Fields reaches his potential.

Now we're talking about Getsy as OC? Does he even have experience calling plays? Is he qualified to develop Fields?

5 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Many of us wanted Daboll as HC because of his experience in developing Allen who has similar skill sets as Fields.

So we get a DC as our new HC, with the idea of having someone as an OC to make sure Fields reaches his potential.

Now we're talking about Getsy as OC? Does he even have experience calling plays? Is he qualified to develop Fields?

Eberflus has to have worked with him somewhere.  Otherwise I can't see how he'd know the backup to the backup to the play caller (HC) is any good at designing and calling an offense. 

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

I’m as confused as you are. Packers former OC (Hackett) went to Denver to be their HC.  And sounds like he didn’t get much chance to call plays while in GB.  And Getsy is/was Hacketts backup.  

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

I wanted Daboll, but there may be a separation for how much a HC can do for a QB when he is managing the entire team compared to him as an OC only worrying about the offense.

With Eberflus, the OC and the QB Coach are going to be the important hires for sure. 

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Hmm. stay in GB and run the offense with Jordan Love and where your HC is still "the guy" for the offense or go down the road and run the offense with Justin Fields and blaze your own path?  

The Fields do look greener in Chicago lol.  Maybe GB and Den made offers but he wants to explore (Den interviewed him for HC).  We will find out in a few days.  

Have to say, he has coached one of the greatest QBs for many years and helped him put up huge stats.  If we can get 1/2 of that from Fields it would be good.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Did you read this somewhere?

Yeah a bunch of various tweets have indicated it.  It seems like there is a pretty decent shot (50/50) that this is what is happening.  I think this is the Getsy's shot at running his own offense.  If he takes Packers OC gig, he won't do play calling (LaFeleur will control) and the same will likely be the case if he follows Hackett. I am a little nervous because they would have a pretty green OC (underneath a defensive HC) - but Pep is very seasoned and maybe that counteracts the greenness at OC.

I am impressed at the defensive side - now just a matter of who becomes the DC. But if they get the Raiders interim coach for ST coach and add Marinelli as the dline coach - that's gives you two former head coaches on staff.  I think we are going to see a significant shift in the tone around accountability, details around walkthroughs/game-planning, and a higher degree of focus on NO penalties as well as forcing turnovers.  

Colts were one of the least penalized teams on D over past couple of years.  

1 hour ago, adam said:

I wanted Daboll, but there may be a separation for how much a HC can do for a QB when he is managing the entire team compared to him as an OC only worrying about the offense.

With Eberflus, the OC and the QB Coach are going to be the important hires for sure. 

Hamilton may be more important to Fields development than the OC. It seems like that is Hamilton's specialty (working with young QBs) - so having someone with such a strong track record of that success doing it full time could be the most critical part.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think we are going to see a significant shift in the tone around accountability, details around walkthroughs/game-planning, and a higher degree of focus on NO penalties as well as forcing turnovers.  

Colts were one of the least penalized teams on D over past couple of years.  

Saw this screenshot on Twitter but haven’t been able to find the actual article.  If accurate, sounds like practices will be pretty intense.  

2EC78FDA-251A-4A34-A26D-C09354C1A6BB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw this screenshot on Twitter but haven’t been able to find the actual article.  If accurate, sounds like practices will be pretty intense.  

This is why I like him - I think he is going to set a high standard and hold his players, himself and the coaches accountable. But in a manner with consistency and fairness. I have no idea how the offense will come together but there is something about flus the leader and CEO that I think is going to work real well. 

9 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I heard he wants to call plays and GB wants him to stay but LeFuier does that job. Hackett will be in Denver. Tada Chicago. I read they will offer him the OC job and want Pep to be the QB coach and passing coordinator. Same job he had with Houston.

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Goldman and Jackson, lol, with the number of "loafs" they would get, they would call them bakers.

Hearing Sanjay Lal, the Jags WR Coach is interviewing for the OC position. There are a lot of reports that he did not get along with Urban Meyer and was one of the coaches that got a lot of flak from Meyer. Don't know what to make of it but the Jags were a mess.

Trying to get some history on him, Jags WR Coach in 2021, Seattle Senior Off Asst in 2020, Cowboys WR Coach from 2018-2019, Colts WR Coach in 2017, Bills WR Coach from 15-16, Jets WR Coach from 12-14, and Raiders WR Coach from 09-11 and Off Quality from 07-08. So 7 different teams in 12 years. Doesn't look like a promising resume. Trying to find the connection to Eberflus or Poles, but I don't see any.

Jags leading WR this year was Marvin Jones, and 2nd was Laviska Shenault. In 2019, he had Cooper and Gallup (both over 1100 yds). In 2018, no WR had more than 725 yds.  TY Hilton in 2017 with 966 yds. In 2016, the leading WR was Robert Woods with 613 yds. In 2015 Watkins had 1047 yds. In 2014, Decker had 904 yds. In 2013, Kerley led the team with 523 yds. In 2012, Kerley had 827 yds. In 2011, Heyward-Bey had 975 yds. In 2010, Louis Murphy had 609 yds. In 2009, Murphy had 521 yds. That is his resume. So in 12 yrs as a WRs coach, he has produced 3 1K yard seasons and has coached in 7 seasons where no WR had more than 850 yds. 

Robert Woods didn't do much in BUF, then went to LAR and became a top receiver. 

This hire scares me, this guy doesn't even have the resume to be a good WR coach. For some reason most of the teams he was on were terrible. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

This hire scares me, this guy doesn't even have the resume to be a good WR coach. For some reason most of the teams he was on were terrible

So what happened to Pep Hamilton and the guy from GB?  I had read the guy from GB ‘had an offer on the table’ but now they’re interviewing some scrub from Jax?  This doesn’t bode well. 

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I heard he wants to call plays and GB wants him to stay but LeFuier does that job. Hackett will be in Denver. Tada Chicago. I read they will offer him the OC job and want Pep to be the QB coach and passing coordinator. Same job he had with Houston.

Seen Greg Gabriel tweet stating rumors Bears offered anyone a job a false. They have to go through a process of interviewing  minorities (Rooney Rule) or can get in trouble.