Mock Drafts

adam

That is a realistic draft and great draft if it would happen. I totally expect them to draft 2 WRs and 2  OL,  a OT and OG prospect. I do think they grab a S in the draft . I also think he trades back with one or two of the first 3 picks for more picks. If I remember correctly didn't NE always trade back and get multiple middle round picks? They seemed to be successful. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a draft I did with PFN draft simulator not making any trades. 

39. Perrion Winfrey. DT

48. Alex Pierce  WR

71. Jalen Tolbert. WR

148.  Jamaree Salyer. OG

150.  Bryan Cook SS

186. Josh Jobe. CB. 

The only thing unrealistic about this draft is Jobs will never last until pick 186.

I couldn't grab Nick Cross who has great speed so took top rated S at the time.

3 hours ago, lemonej said:

I'm taking a swing at this with my 1.0 Mock No Trades

39. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma I believe he will be the best value at that pick and he fits the 3 technique role

48 Christian Watson WR North Dakota State because its my 1.0 this may be a dream scenario but as a WR with size and speed he checks all the boxes as a good weapon for Fields

71 George Pickens WR Georgia His size makes him a replacement for A-Rob

148 Thayer Munford OG Ohio State One OG position is in question and developing is this team's new calling card

150 Matt Hankins CB Iowa Reverting back to a Cover 2 makes Hankins a good fir

186 Rasheed Walker OT Penn State No matter who the GM has been, taking a developmental OT has bee the norm with this franchise

This is my first mock and I may have 1 more in me. Last year I had the Bears taking Tevin Jenkins at 20.

I don't think we'll double up on WRs on day 2.  Maybe he adds a 5th WR on day 3.  I think Poles feels Pringle is a starter 2/3 type WR, Mooney is a definite 2nd WR.  He's got Dazz as developmental 4th WR and IMO he showed enough athleticism to know he belongs on the field in the NFL.   I'd like to see one more vet WR added before the draft to fill in that last role 4/5th WR to compete with Dazz.  Then bring in one early in the draft.  

There are still rumors the Bears have interest in D.K. Metcalf.  I can't see us giving up draft picks for him but we have the cap space next year for that new contract and adding him changes a lot.  He'd be better than any 2nd Rd pick we could add.  

On 3/29/2022 at 8:07 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Next mock, I guess I like Watsons size and speed.  Realistically they take Pierce.  Big surprise was OG Kenyon Green available but Tyler Smith has snuck into rd 1 and knocked him down.  If Petit-Frere LT makes it to RD3, he will be a steal.  Cobe  Bryant CB and Weatherford is a hybrid S/LB that could be SS or Nickle. Then Justin Ross WR round 6.  Early in his career he was projected as a possible rd 1 talent.

Screenshot_20220329-195508_Samsung Internet.jpg

I actually kind of love this draft. I'm not a big fan of picking dudes out of places like North Dakota State - the lesson has been learned too many times on this team - but otherwise the draft is solid. Double-up on OL, double-up on WRs with tons of potential, and double-up on secondary. Near perfect in my opinion.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:54 PM, ParkerBear7 said:

This mock pretty much is a no stone unturned approach. Probably a bit unrealistic but here is what multi trades could net. For the most part these guys all have incredible speed and length.  Can they ball out?  If I knew that I’d be the Bears GM lol!  

Three dudes from Baylor, a Running Back (even if it is Bama), and three small schools (NDSU, Montana St., and Tulsa) players in the first three picks? No thanks.

7 hours ago, jason said:

I actually kind of love this draft. I'm not a big fan of picking dudes out of places like North Dakota State - the lesson has been learned too many times on this team - but otherwise the draft is solid. Double-up on OL, double-up on WRs with tons of potential, and double-up on secondary. Near perfect in my opinion.

I don't have any issue taking a smaller school prospect like Watson that is consistently ranked late 1st thru the 2nd.  He will be an outside deep threat and not just that,  he has good route running ability.  We can use that bigger target with 4.3 speed.  His dad was drafted by the Packers, so bloodline is there.  I really don't see him getting by GB or KC in the first. 

56 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I don't have any issue taking a smaller school prospect like Watson that is consistently ranked late 1st thru the 2nd.  He will be an outside deep threat and not just that,  he has good route running ability.  We can use that bigger target with 4.3 speed.  His dad was drafted by the Packers, so bloodline is there.  I really don't see him getting by GB or KC in the first. 

I tend to think teams with hopes of a Superbowl will be choosing among the better route running WRs in Rd 1 especially those who played against the best talent in CFB.  Watson has the physical tools to be a WR1 but he has work to do to get there.  He was a man among boys at his level.   Depending on specific needs I expect to see them covet guys like Williamson, Olave, and Wilson followed by Burks even if it means someone drafting up to get their guy.   I wouldn't even be surprised to see KC draft Skyy Moore (ahead of Watson) to replace Tyreek Hill.  He showed the route running ability at the combine and he has the quickness to work in a similar fashion to what Hill did for them on intermediate routes.    

Drake London is ranked mid-1st but I don't see him in the same group as others do.  However he's still played against a higher level of competition than Watson making his game is easier to project in the first year.    

On 3/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I like how this one turned out.

Screenshot_20220316-213550_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-213543_Chrome.jpg

The WR, WR, WR stretch gave me Detroit Lions vibes, but it's incredibly interesting. Throw a bone in the middle of the room and see which dog wants to eat.

22 hours ago, lemonej said:

I'm taking a swing at this with my 1.0 Mock No Trades

39. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma I believe he will be the best value at that pick and he fits the 3 technique role

48 Christian Watson WR North Dakota State because its my 1.0 this may be a dream scenario but as a WR with size and speed he checks all the boxes as a good weapon for Fields

71 George Pickens WR Georgia His size makes him a replacement for A-Rob

148 Thayer Munford OG Ohio State One OG position is in question and developing is this team's new calling card

150 Matt Hankins CB Iowa Reverting back to a Cover 2 makes Hankins a good fir

186 Rasheed Walker OT Penn State No matter who the GM has been, taking a developmental OT has bee the norm with this franchise

This is my first mock and I may have 1 more in me. Last year I had the Bears taking Tevin Jenkins at 20.

I like the Thayer Munford pick. With a name like that, you have to be tough, and it reminds me of Tom Thayer. 

CHGO sports podcast  interviewed Brandon Thorn that has become a OL expert in the draft circles. He stated 3 names of later round OL picks to watch. Cade Mays /OG....Cam Jurgens/OC....SpencerBuford/OG. He also stated that if you don't get one of the top 5 rated OTs in the draft, probably won't find a first year starter in this draft. 

On 4/4/2022 at 12:12 PM, jason said:

Three dudes from Baylor, a Running Back (even if it is Bama), and three small schools (NDSU, Montana St., and Tulsa) players in the first three picks? No thanks.

Brian Urlacher came from The University of New Mexico via Lovington High School in Lovington, New Mexico; with less than 650 students.  

Just saying ;  ). Although I get your point and certainly understand the Bears past GMs track record in this aforementioned talent pool.  

Playing around at PFN ended up with this after one trade back at 39.  I'd be happy with this result.

44.Devonte Wyatt

DT Georgia

Sean Rhyan

OG UCLA
John Metchie III
WR Alabama
99.Nicholas Petit-Frere
  • OT Ohio State

• CB Tennessee
    150.Tyquan Thornton
  • WR Baylor
    206. Mike Rose
  • LB Iowa State

I feel like two good trades down, good meaning not dropping back too far, is the sweet spot.  Using PFN on occasion someone like KC will offer up a trade from 48 to 50 and give me 121.   I still prefer having two top 50 picks as that always seems to get two good starters for us.  I don't know if that trade is realistic but I'd take it every time.  Then I traded 71 with the Eagles for 83 and 124 just to see who would still be available. 

I like the players we got in exchange.  I think everyone one of the players will either start or see playing time except for Jurgens who needs a lot of development, and Rose depending on who else we bring in in FA.  On draft day I don't think Petit-Frere drops that far because he can play a premium position, those guys usually move up not down the board.  

39 Kenyon Green OG

50 George Pickens WR

83 Nicholas Petit-Frere OT

121 Cade Otton TE

124 Cam Jurgens OC

148 Nick Cross S.  

150 Haskell Garrett DT. 

186 Mike Rose LB  (You see him a lot in my mocks at our last pick because 1) we need depth at LB. 2) I watch a lot of Iowa St games and 3) he's just one of those gritty instinctual football players I like having in the box.  We need someone at SLB for run downs and he can provide some pass coverage between the numbers.  Other than that he's going to hustle to the ball on every play.  What you saw out of Kwiatkoski around the LOS is what you'll get out of Rose). 

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I totally think we should have multiple picks at OL and WR. Load up and fix other spots next year. Finish the defense with cheap free agents.

I'd still very much like them to grab Duane Brown so we can make sure left tackle is solidified. I'm not crazy about any of the 2nd round LTs.

I also really think they should grab a 3T fairly early because there just isn't anyone on the free agent market worth a damn there.

I do think it is important that the defense doesn't totally suck so Fields isn't constantly playing from behind and defenses can just put constant pressure on him because he's forced to pass a ton. 

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I totally think we should have multiple picks at OL and WR. Load up and fix other spots next year. Finish the defense with cheap free agents.

I think if they get 1 good WR for the X, that has greatness potential, I am good with taking only 1.  Unless a stud is there rd 3 like John Metchie that can replace Pringle if he doesn't work or works so well his price tag is too much.   

It is good to space out positions too so they all don't become FAs in the same year.  

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I want something like this.

IMG_20220411_204700_513.jpg

That'll do.  It's getting very difficult to have a good sense of where Raimann ranks on boards.  I think early on he was generally a 5th Rd pick and now he's showing up often in the 2nd and I've seen some a couple people take him late 1st Rd.   

I could be way off base with this thought, but Poles said he needed playmakers and a better OL for Fields to get better. Patrick is an upgrade over Mustifer and Pringle will be a good player but he's not close to working that out. I think he will load up on OL and WRs in the draft , maybe a TE. He may get lucky and find a Mooney in the 5th but the first 3 picks will be offense. Yes we need CBs, Ss, DL and LBers but his main pickups in FA  have been on defense. I think he will fill spots with FAs on defense and top heavy on offense. I don't think he will risk later round picks to improve the offense. The first 3 will be offense, not sure why people keep thinking he's going to address the defense early. 

I can see him getting a Rainman/OT if he makes it to our pick or a Tyler Smith with the first pick, then probably 2 WRs with 48 and 71. He will try to move back with one or two of those picks so he can get extra picks to then add defensive players. I can see 2 WRs and 2 OL being drafted and maybe a TE. 

43 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I could be way off base with this thought, but Poles said he needed playmakers and a better OL for Fields to get better. Patrick is an upgrade over Mustifer and Pringle will be a good player but he's not close to working that out. I think he will load up on OL and WRs in the draft , maybe a TE. He may get lucky and find a Mooney in the 5th but the first 3 picks will be offense. Yes we need CBs, Ss, DL and LBers but his main pickups in FA  have been on defense. I think he will fill spots with FAs on defense and top heavy on offense. I don't think he will risk later round picks to improve the offense. The first 3 will be offense, not sure why people keep thinking he's going to address the defense early. 

I can see him getting a Rainman/OT if he makes it to our pick or a Tyler Smith with the first pick, then probably 2 WRs with 48 and 71. He will try to move back with one or two of those picks so he can get extra picks to then add defensive players. I can see 2 WRs and 2 OL being drafted and maybe a TE. 

I definitely don't think they go with 2 WRs at 48 and 71. Or at least I don't think they should. I want someone who is gonna produce right away with both those picks.