Mock Drafts

adam

On 4/22/2022 at 12:08 PM, lemonej said:

My first Mock had us taking:                                                                                                         Now I'm thinking:

39. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma                                                                                                Tyler Smith OT Tulsa watched him on tape and think he has the nasty Poles is looking for.

48. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State                                                                             Christian Watson North Dakota State I still like his upside

71.George Pickens WR Georgia                                                                                                     George Pickens WR Georgia  I think he will be fully recovered from his injury

148. Thayer Mumford OG Ohio State                                                                                             Thayer Mumford OG Ohio State we currently have Sam Mustipher lined up at ROG

150. Matt Hankins CB Iowa                                                                                                              Matt Hankins CB Iowa Would loved to have picked a CB earlier but, I still like this choice here.

186. Rasheed Walker OT Penn State                                                                                              Rasheed Walker OT Penn State A staple of this franchise has been a late round OT pick.

I'm lacking a 3 tech in this mock and I'm still believing they are looking to add some one. 

This would be an all time great draft. Would love it. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they address OL and WR early and often I'll be happy. If Ogunjobi is sitting on the fence waiting to rehab his foot with a good chance of coming here, 3T will not need to be an early pick. I think Poles will fill in the defense with free agents if the draft doesn't give us any starters. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

As long as they address OL and WR early and often I'll be happy. If Ogunjobi is sitting on the fence waiting to rehab his foot with a good chance of coming here, 3T will not need to be an early pick. I think Poles will fill in the defense with free agents if the draft doesn't give us any starters. 

I don't think we have an option when it comes to addressing Oline early.  We're not in a position to draft someone who needs a year, or more,  to develop.  We need a starter at RG.  As badly as we need a 3-tech to help the D, Fields can be the future of this team.   

By the way I'm very thankful we're not looking for a QB this year.  If Fields were in this draft he'd be gone top 5, if not #2 to Detroit.    

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I don't think we have an option when it comes to addressing Oline early.  We're not in a position to draft someone who needs a year, or more.

We are in a place to give a guy a year to develop.  We are playing this year to build the base and develop Fields.  We can sign serviceable players, post draft, to fill the gap until next year.  My personal mindset is to draft BPA for where we are headed as a team.  There are scenarios where stashing a guy is best.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

We are in a place to give a guy a year to develop.  We are playing this year to build the base and develop Fields.  We can sign serviceable players, post draft, to fill the gap until next year.  My personal mindset is to draft BPA for where we are headed as a team.  There are scenarios where stashing a guy is best.

I'd say we are ok at OT, LG, C, but RG is big concern for me.  I don't see a whole lot available in FA.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/all/

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

If we take a OT that will need time to develop, he needs to play RG for a year while developing. I think early you take a Strange , Salyer, or Parham that  couuld start right away at RG and then take a OT  developmental prospect in the late rounds.

1 minute ago, AZ54 said:

I'd say we are ok at OT, LG, C, but RG is big concern for me.  I don't see a whole lot available in FA.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/all/

Another thing to consider is drafting a OG that could end up replacing Whitehair in one year to get rid of that12.5 mil a yr contract. So I would be OK with multiple picks on the line..

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If we take a OT that will need time to develop, he needs to play RG for a year while developing. I think early you take a Strange , Salyer, or Parham that  couuld start right away at RG and then take a OT  developmental prospect in the late rounds.

I'd gladly take an OT and C (Jurgens) to develop.  

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't like the concept of drafting an LT prospect late in the draft to develop.  If you like an LT prospect early, get him.  At a minimum, he should be able to be a key back up, starting OG or late season starter.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't like the concept of drafting an LT prospect late in the draft to develop.  If you like an LT prospect early, get him.  At a minimum, he should be able to be a key back up, starting OG or late season starter.

I agree.  Take a player who can give Jenkins/Borum a run for their money at LT and worse case that player moves inside to G. Maybe 2023 is our year to draft a stud LT and we should be in decent position.  

17 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I have heard several so called experts have mentioned the top 5 are the only ones capable of day one starting (OT). Of course every year someone surprises them.

IISpoke about NPF in the other thread, but there's another name that no one on this board is talking about that is gaining some steam with the bears and thats Abraham Lucus. 

I really wish I knew why he was playing on right tackle instead of left tackle. I haven't heard anyone at all talk about if they think he can play on the Left side either which kinda scares me. That said he's got all the traits Poles has talked about in an offensive lineman.  He's got the nasty mean streak and he's lean and athletic. 

I read an article that said a lot of experts are predicted him to the Bears and I'm just not sure on the fit. Jenkins has played some guard in college and he wasn't a Poles pick, so maybe they can try him inside with Lucas at tackle. Then you bring in a vet for LT. 

George Pickens is apparently a real piece of trash. Was listening to someone on the radio yesterday and they said they talked to numerous front office guys who said his character has taken him off their board completely.  

Guy obviously has 1st round talent. It'll be interesting to see if the Bears grab him if he's there at 39. 

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

George Pickens is apparently a real piece of trash. Was listening to someone on the radio yesterday and they said they talked to numerous front office guys who said his character has taken him off their board completely.  

Guy obviously has 1st round talent. It'll be interesting to see if the Bears grab him if he's there at 39. 

I always had a different vibe about Pickens because of Wims and Ridley.  Guess my vibe may have been accurate.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:03 AM, ParkerBear7 said:

Every year I find myself cramming for the draft since I don’t have time to watch much college football.  I expect Poles to make some additional trades and stockpile draft picks.  So many intriguing players with speed in this years draft class which I made a primary focus as it aligns with Poles’ three player attribute pillars of Fast, violent and nasty!  

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft

Draft Mode: Realistic

Trade Mode: Strict

Draft Order: Pre-Draft

Trade Recap
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 41
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 152
    seahawks.svg
    Seattle Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 39
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 43
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 151
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 213
    falcons.svg
    Atlanta Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 41
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 73
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 159
    colts.svg
    Indianapolis Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 71
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 197
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 198
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 222
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 235
    jaguars.svg
    Jacksonville Receives:
    • 2022: Round 6, Pick 186
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 254
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 255
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 260
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 236
    chargers.svg
    Los Angeles Receives:
  • bears.svg
    Chicago Receives:
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 254
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 255
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 260
    • 2022: Round 7, Pick 236
    chargers.svg
    Los Angeles Receives:

This gave you Braxton Jones

On 4/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, lemonej said:

One last try before the draft.

39. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State  I may be dreaming that he is available here.

48. Perrion Winfrey DT3T Oklahoma I believe that the DT rotation is incomplete unless they expect Edwards Jr to move inside

71. Abraham Lucas OT Washington State We must keep adding bodies to the OT position

148. Velus Jones Jr. WR Tennessee The Bears need more weapons at WR

150. Demarri Mathis CB Pittsburgh  A little late for a need but with this new scheme of Cover 2  he is a good fit

186. Leon Neal Jr S Texas A&M  Depth pick at the Safety position

I got 1 but, not at the right slot in this mock.