Free agency begins

Stinger226

We have several posts all related to Free agency and it starts Monday just going to keep it in one post. 

We signed a RB Darrynton Evans, let go by he Titans. He has great upside but was sidetracked by injuries. He has 4.41 speed. A high reward low risk player.

We resigned 3 ERFAs, Mustifer.... Simmons....Horsted, I was surprised by Simmons coming back. Poles must think he has upside.

With us trading Mack, we will either be bringing in a DE by draft or FA, or both. The Colt's have 3 free agents DEs. al-Qaeda Mohammad....Kemoko Turay....Thawing Lewis. Al-Qwas a 6th round pick, the other two second picks.  I think one of those will be coming here as a edge prospect. Al-Q had 6. sacks last year, the I think he may be the one. 

I still think we resign some of our  ownfree agents because of value. My prediction is:

Jesse James 

Deon Bush

DHC.  He had a good year, he may be able to compete for SS .

Pete O'Donnell

Patrick Scales

Alex Bars

Jakeem Grant

Blair Nichols and James Daniels are still up in the but inexpensive contracts could land them back here.

Free agent signings prediction.  Note.. young players with upside

Al-Q Mohammad/DE... With Matt last yr

Anthony Walker/MLB... Tutored under Matt

Quinton Jefferson/3T...with line coach last yr, 6 sacks, 19 QB hits

Karif Robinson/WR...speed

Byron Pringle/WR....Poles in on drafting him

Joseph Noteboom/LT ... Pay him for upside

Brian Allen/OC... Chicago ties

Zaire Franklin/LB. With Matt last yr

Malik Hooker/SS... Matt had him for3 yrs, former1st rounder

Mike Hughes/CB ....First rounder that never lived up to his draft status.  Poles was his AGM 

Maxx Williams/TE.......TE coach Jim Dray coached him last year. 2 nd round pick

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year 6 WRs were paid over 10 mil in free agency

Will Fuller

Julio Jones

Kenny Godaday

Cutie Samuels

Robinson and Godwin were tagged.

Godwin was the only one  to have a good year and he ended up getting hurt.

Moral of the story: big contracts don't work out.

We shouldn't pay anyone even Chark or Kirk a big contract.

4 rookie WRs had over 64 receptions in their first year. 

Chase.... D.Smith......J Waddle.... Amor-Ra St. Brown. 

We need to draft 2 wrs and a couple mid tier signings.

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Last year 6 WRs were paid over 10 mil in free agency

Will Fuller

Julio Jones

Kenny Godaday

Cutie Samuels

Robinson and Godwin were tagged.

Godwin was the only one  to have a good year and he ended up getting hurt.

Moral of the story: big contracts don't work out.

We shouldn't pay anyone even Chark or Kirk a big contract.

4 rookie WRs had over 64 receptions in their first year. 

Chase.... D.Smith......J Waddle.... Amor-Ra St. Brown. 

We need to draft 2 wrs and a couple mid tier signings.

WRs are always overpaid. Robinson also did nothing on the tag. Golladay was terrible in NY. 

On 3/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, adam said:

WRs are always overpaid. Robinson also did nothing on the tag. Golladay was terrible in NY. 

Robinson was partly a victim of bad scheme, and usage (sabotage?) to the point he basically checked out at some point last year.  Waste of cap space used to tag him only to not really use him.  Golladay like most NY WR's was rarely healthy enough to play or be effective, your best ability is often availability and he rarely was. NY had a nightmare year when it came to WR health.  

I do see us signing some lower tier FA's and drafting 1-2. 

48 minutes ago, McGowan said:

That's not something I'd want to see the Bears do.  You have to wonder how much of this news is just gamesmanship where Poles or others are just driving up the price of one guy they don't really want  (Kirk) so their real target (Shuster) drops to them at a lower cost. 

Poles could made an offer for but didn't go that much. We got a core player in  Larry, the one tier signing. I thought it would have OL . My two guys resigned with the  SB champs, Noteboom and Allen, hard to compete with that. Both contracts would have been doable by Poles, but existing teams have an upper advantage.

LT's available: Armstead, Brown, Fisher, Reiff, Solder

RT's available: Brown, Turner, Moses, Quessenberry, Okorafor, Parker

C's available: Bozeman, Price, Britt

RG's available: Daniels, Brunskill, Corbett, Hernandez, Turner, Glowinski

LG's available: Norwell, Spain, Patrick, Schofield

WR's available:

Zach Pascal, Kalif Raymond, Allen Lazard, Odell Beckham, Adam Humphries, Russell Gage, Demarcus Robinson, Jamison Crowder, Byron Pringle, Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Will Fuller, DJ Chark, M Valdez-Scantling, Trequan Smith, JJ Schuster-Smith, Auden Tate

I would strategically wait on signing any guard.  If we signed someone comparable to Whitehair at a value deal, he could be leveraged to take a pay cut or be a post Jun 1 cap cut.  So far, it seems like Daniels hasn't been offered what he sees as good money.  If given the chance, I'd rather pay Daniels than Whitehair.

13 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The Ravens have resigned there backup OC but Bozeman is still available. Maybe we still can bring him in at a Brian Allen contract, 3 for 24.

Been reading elsewhere that Bozeman is not a good fit for what we want to do in zone blocking/ outside zone.  I can't speak to that myself.  

LB: Kyzir White, LAC; Jermaine Carter Jr, CAR; Damien Wilson, JAX; Anthony Walker Jr, CLE; Kwon Alexander, NO; Kamu Grugier-Hill, HOU; Leighton Vander Esch, DAL; Anthony Hitchens, KC, Jordan Hicks, ARZ

S: Terrell Edmunds, PIT; Bobby McCain, WAS; Marcus Williams, NO; Tyrann Mathieu, KC; Jayron Kearse, DAL; Damontae Kazee, DAL; Jordan Whitehead, TB; Justin Reid, HOU; Jaquiski Tartt, SF

CB: Levi Wallace, BUF; Fabian Moreau, ATL; Steve Nelson, PHI; Darious Williams, LAR; Terrance Mitchell, HOU; Charvarius Ward, KC; Rasul Douglas, GB; Xavier Rhodes, IND, AJ Bouye, CAR; Kyle Fuller, DEN; Kevin King, GB; Darious Williams, LAR, Mike Hughes, KC