Free agency begins

Stinger226

1 hour ago, adam said:

Harry looks really slow, in his "highlights" video, everything is a contested catch.

Hopefully he works out but I don't have my hopes up.

I think Moore is going to be cut, so just another body in the room to take Moore's place.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, adam said:

Harry looks really slow, in his "highlights" video, everything is a contested catch.

Hopefully he works out but I don't have my hopes up.

I found an old Combine/Draft profile/preview that listed him at 4.53 for the 40. Good for a DL, OL, LB, but not so thrilling for a WR.

Then I read he is poor route runner, slow out of his breaks, and therefore, not surprisingly, has a bad YAC. But hey, he is tall. LOL

For a 7th in 2024, I guess they are right, it is worth bringing him in and see what he has to offer.

With all of these question marks at WR, will we be able to offer enough opportunities in preseason to evaluate them?

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

I found an old Combine/Draft profile/preview that listed him at 4.53 for the 40. Good for a DL, OL, LB, but not so thrilling for a WR.

Then I read he is poor route runner, slow out of his breaks, and therefore, not surprisingly, has a bad YAC. But hey, he is tall. LOL

For a 7th in 2024, I guess they are right, it is worth bringing him in and see what he has to offer.

With all of these question marks at WR, will we be able to offer enough opportunities in preseason to evaluate them?

Wow, I am shocked he is under 4.55, he looks really slow and yes, slow out of his breaks for sure. 

It would be awesome if he could turn into an Alshon Jeffery like player. He has the size.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Wow, I am shocked he is under 4.55, he looks really slow and yes, slow out of his breaks for sure. 

It would be awesome if he could turn into an Alshon Jeffery like player. He has the size.

He has more long speed than might be indicated by that forty time but he's not a burner at the NFL level.  He just has to build up to it.  

Per PFF we now have the two of the top 10 run blocking WRs from last season: Pringle (8) and Harry (2)

He may not provide much on-schedule but off-schedule plays with his size could be where he shines if he can get on the same page as Fields.  Since he is such a good run blocker play action will help him get open too.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

He has more long speed than might be indicated by that forty time but he's not a burner at the NFL level.  He just has to build up to it.  

Per PFF we now have the two of the top 10 run blocking WRs from last season: Pringle (8) and Harry (2)

He may not provide much on-schedule but off-schedule plays with his size could be where he shines if he can get on the same page as Fields.  Since he is such a good run blocker play action will help him get open too.  

Hopefully, the new system will do him well.

Was any publication calling the 2021 Patriots WR Corps the worst in football, or going to hurt Jones's development?

The Pats top 4 WRs in 2021: Meyers, Bourne, Agholor, and Harry.

Compare that to the 2022 Bears WRs: Mooney, Pringle, Jones, Pettis, Sharpe, St. Brown, and Harry

Really odd that they are crapping on the Bears when that is what Jones had with Hunter Henry as the lead TE in 2021. Bears have Kmet. 

RBs - Harris/Stevenson vs Monty/Herbert

It feels like Fields will have better options than Jones had last year, and it will be Fields' 2nd year. Jones threw for 3800 and 22 TDs. It seems like that is Fields floor to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 6:27 AM, adam said:

This is my list, grab a OG and and OT and we have a solid line:

Ereck Flowers, LG
Trai Turner, RG
Michael Schofield, LG

Daryl Williams at RT
Nate Solder, LT
Eric Fisher, LT
Duane Brown, LT
Riley Reiff, LT

From March

:bears :headbang :)

On 3/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, adam said:

LT's available: Armstead, Brown, Fisher, Reiff, Solder

RT's available: Brown, Turner, Moses, Quessenberry, Okorafor, Parker

C's available: Bozeman, Price, Britt

RG's available: Daniels, Brunskill, Corbett, Hernandez, Turner, Glowinski

LG's available: Norwell, Spain, Patrick, Schofield

March 14th! :bears :headbang

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Curious why you think they sat so long waiting?  Money or effectiveness? 

Had to wait for post-June 1st cuts for the cap space, then at that point, there is no point rushing into signing anyone. The vets don't need anything up until reporting this week. So the guys they just signed have lost out on basically nothing. Quinn hasn't been to Halas Hall until today as well.  So to me, it is a normal vet thing. I am sure those guys also didn't want to sign until they had the best offer that also got them into camp on time. Win win all around.

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tell us you’re happy about the Reiff and Schofield signings without telling us.  Lol. 

I was really worried about the O-Line. These two were in the target group I wanted at the start of free agency. Maybe not the top guys, but both on one-year deals which allows the younger guys to develop under them. Reiff is only 33, so he has a few good years left in him. Schofield is 31 and is married to Kendall Coyne who works for the Blackhawks, so I could see him signing an extension or resigning after this year to stay in the area for a few more years. 

Now I want one more guy on the D-Line and I will be happy. We will have a very solid 53. We didn't increase the ceiling, but we increased the floor.