Free agency begins

Stinger226

12 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Oh he's crap in my opinion. If Aaron can't make him something, I'm not betting he'll ever be much.

I don't like him either. Feels very one-dimensional. I would rather have someone like Zach Pascal who is a great blocker as well (Flus connection). Then draft one with the first two picks as your WR1.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVS is a Goodwin signing, A deep threat but a #4 WR.  Only if on a cheap contract. He will surprise us with who we end up with.  Morrow and Patrick are outta left field transactions. If you you dig deep this are good players, not difference makers. I thought a surprise grab would have been Kalif Raymond, A Cohen type with 4.36 speed. But he resigned with the Lions. JuJu at a cheap one year deal has the upside of a good player but only at our price. Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson are out there and have 4.4 speed and wouldn't be expensive. Still only 3s at best.   Patience is not my strong suit, but I would be bitching if they overpaid, Still could end up with Eric Fisher at 8 mil a year. I would be good with that.

3 hours ago, adam said:

I don't like him either. Feels very one-dimensional. I would rather have someone like Zach Pascal who is a great blocker as well (Flus connection). Then draft one with the first two picks as your WR1.

I heard a stat, so it might be wrong, that Rogers is at 50% completion rate with MVS and 65% with every other player.  Not a good sign.  

23 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Kudos to Grant for earning another good contract.  For the Bears, Poles was right not to match the deal for a guy at that age (turns 30 in Oct) who is primarily a returner.  I wanted him back but figured it'd be $2-3mil/yr, low guarantee cut him whenever you want type contract.  There are more important needs where that money can be spent.  You can always draft a PR late any year but for now we'll be ok with Dazz Newsome.  Worst case while we are rebuilding this year we do the Belichick thing and put someone out there to fair catch the ball.  It's not the end of the world, go fix the Oline for Fields.  

Exactly. 

7 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Goldman won’t count cause he was cut. 

Yep was in two threads at once, you are correct. I meant that Goldman was someone another team can sign and it won't count against the formula.

I guess you can add Graham to that list that count towards comp picks.

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Would you look at that?  Traitor.  🤣

Yeah, for some of these guys, probably doesn't want to move his family. Unfortunately the closest team distance-wise.

btw, he is their first FA pickup this offseason. They lost 15+ players (some they may be able to re-sign), just restructured to get under the cap, still need $8M more for their rookie pool, so yeah. 

56 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think that is great for Arob. Good QB, smart coach, and a team that should be playoff bound.  That said - I would have liked that deal for Arob on the Bears too (other than it just seemed like Arob/Fields had a great connection).  

That was the last big contract he will see. 28 is the prime time for a big deal. So if he is just ring chasing, cool beans. Otherwise, he took several mil less per year and could even be a cap casualty as early as next year. 

Yeah, I can't imagine it is over the vet minimum as he only was on a one year $850K deal with the Packers and had 9 receptions last year.

We will see if Getsy can get something out of him. He could help the WR room with the new scheme though.

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

No interest in OBJ, we’re trying to build a positive culture. He is a cancer. 

That's all that needed to be said.  We want players who love the game more than they love looking at their own press clippings.