Free agency begins

Stinger226

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Same with Ju Ju.  He's not necessarily a cancer, but he's a clown.

And that's partly why these guys are still out there.  

I must say I'm pretty surprised by the Adams trade to the Raiders.  His path to the playoffs was way easier in GB, from what I've read the Packers were offering similar money and type of contract and Adams chose chose the Raiders over staying in GB.  It sounds like there was some bad blood left over from previous failed negotiations.  That leaves Rodgers in GB to throw to who? lol.  I bet they keep MSV, add one or two lower tier FA, and likely use that first rounder on a WR.  So they'll have "stone hands" MSV, a couple FAs, and a Rookie.    A lot of Davante's stats were inflated due to Rodgers basically forcing the ball to Adams that was the only WR he trusted.  Should be interesting to see how this plays out.   Enjoy your 150 million Arod. :P    For Adams side he'll be the Raiders top dog for sure, but that is a way tougher division.  You go from being on the team that usually dominates their devision playing against the Lions, Vikings, and Bears to facing KC, Chargers, and Denver.  In GB you could almost guarantee at least a 4 seed playoff spot most years.  To the Raiders where you could easily more often be the 3rd or 4th best team in your division and hope for a wildcard spot.  

I'm good with the St. Brown and Pringle signings I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign one more or make a minor trade.  We'll likely draft a WR or two and I can see us being active in the UDFA market to add guys that slipped out of the draft.  What we need to remember is we are not in a win now mode, we are in an evaluate and retool or a soft reboot mode.  This season is more about setting the foundation for future success.  So we're not going to be going all in on many splash signings.  I'm good with the Ogunjobi signing as our "splash" signing the dude is mean and gives us that nasty presence on the line that we'll need. 

I feel like the moves we are making are typical of a new GM/Coach retooling the team to fit what they are looking for.  

14 hours ago, adam said:

I assume St. Brown and Pringle replace Byrd and Goodwin, and I am good with that.

In other words a double dose of ‘meh’.  Although in the little bit of film I watched, Pringle is a true Slot Receiver.  And he doesn’t mind that he’ll get creamed going over the middle. 

53 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In other words a double dose of ‘meh’.  Although in the little bit of film I watched, Pringle is a true Slot Receiver.  And he doesn’t mind that he’ll get creamed going over the middle. 

Yeah I saw that too.  He takes some big hits and has really good contact balance.  He'll find that on the Bears he won't be open by 10yds as often as he was in KC, if ever.  

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Yeah I saw that too.  He takes some big hits and has really good contact balance.  He'll find that on the Bears he won't be open by 10yds as often as he was in KC, if ever.  

St Brown is a (meh) but Pringle is a good WR. He will definitely be noticed. 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Now I don't trust Twitter. Just seen where Robert Woods Is going to the Titans for a 6th round pick.

Seems cheap but he was injured last year.  And he’s only had two 1,000 yard seasons in the last 5 seasons.  His replacement, ARob, had two 1,000 yard seasons in the last four and hasn’t been injured lately.  

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Seems cheap but he was injured last year.  And he’s only had two 1,000 yard seasons in the last 5 seasons.  His replacement, ARob, had two 1,000 yard seasons in the last four and hasn’t been injured lately.  

Maybe it was just a wounded ego, we may never know.   

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/allen-robinson-injury-status-chicago-bears

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Rams had some cap money problems, they needed to clear the 10 mil when they signed AROB.