The draft article pit...

GakMan23

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Cole would be a good get. I also like Jameree Salyer from Georgia. Poles will come up with a player not well known and having him. starting day 1. I would  also like a rookie OT that would become our swing tackle and potential starter down the road. 

Matt Waletzko is a good target for that role on day 3.  

• 2 weeks later...

This thread says it all about our ability to figure out what this GM is doing. We are questioning his FA approach and now all his picks.

There was a graphic that said we haven't won a playoff game since 2010 scrolled on the screen during the draft.

Our mocks except for Dawhizz have been totally off what has happened.

2 hours ago, lemonej said:

This thread says it all about our ability to figure out what this GM is doing. We are questioning his FA approach and now all his picks.

There was a graphic that said we haven't won a playoff game since 2010 scrolled on the screen during the draft.

Our mocks except for Dawhizz have been totally off what has happened.

I was thinking about this thread last night too.  Exactly what do we want out of our DBs in this defense?  I'm still stuck on the old Lovie 2 that Rodgers constantly threw into submission on sideline routes between the S and CB, and a young Nathan Vasher who was only good moving forward.  We just drafted a CB who can backpedal and flip his hips in man coverage with the best of 'em.  That seems like more than what you need for someone to sit in zone defense.  Brisker is versatile enough to fit any scheme.  He can do a lot more than just cover half the field and react to the ball.  

FWIW if teams like the Packers, who last year moved Adams all over the field to get him away from Jaylon Johnson, try that now with their star receiver, we'll be able to handle it.   Our best coverage combination might be having Gordon in the slot with Graham/Johnson  outside.      

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I was thinking about this thread last night too.  Exactly what do we want out of our DBs in this defense?  I'm still stuck on the old Lovie 2 that Rodgers constantly threw into submission on sideline routes between the S and CB, and a young Nathan Vasher who was only good moving forward.  We just drafted a CB who can backpedal and flip his hips in man coverage with the best of 'em.  That seems like more than what you need for someone to sit in zone defense.  Brisker is versatile enough to fit any scheme.  He can do a lot more than just cover half the field and react to the ball.  

FWIW if teams like the Packers, who last year moved Adams all over the field to get him away from Jaylon Johnson, try that now with their star receiver, we'll be able to handle it.   Our best coverage combination might be having Gordon in the slot with Graham/Johnson  outside.      

I think what I would like to see is a Bears team that moves into the current century in the offensive side of the ball, and tries to build an offense that exploits the NFL’s offensive-leaning predilections.

Instead, the Bears respond to what other teams are doing. It’s reactionary rather than causing others to fear the Bears.

And that’s frustrating considering last year’s selection of a talented QB who is currently the face of the franchise, but is not being supplied the necessary ingredients to excel.

1 hour ago, jason said:

I think what I would like to see is a Bears team that moves into the current century in the offensive side of the ball, and tries to build an offense that exploits the NFL’s offensive-leaning predilections.

Instead, the Bears respond to what other teams are doing. It’s reactionary rather than causing others to fear the Bears.

And that’s frustrating considering last year’s selection of a talented QB who is currently the face of the franchise, but is not being supplied the necessary ingredients to excel.

The Bears filled needs on the team with BPA, not biggest need.  Round 2, pick 39 Kyler Gordan CB, the player to help Fields selected shortly after were 43 Wan'dale Robinson KR/slot/#3 WR. Then 44 John Metchie who I like is also a slot/WR #3.  Then guys selected after Brisker at 2- 48 were 50 Tyquan Thorton WR, 52 George Pickens, and 53-  Alec Pierce.  I wanted Pierce and thought he would make a great X. Have to see who has the better career. 

On oline, we didn't miss much.

Luke Goedke, Ed Ingram, Luke Fortner, Nicholas Petit-Ferer and Abraham Lucas. 

I think we can get an equal player in the 5th.

I think with the picks we had, we maximized.