Draft Day 2

AZ54

I was very surprised at how high guys like Tyler Smith and Cole Strange went.  There always an ebb and flow to draft trends and IOL are moving upwards lately. 

I still like IOL.  Raimann, Rhyan, and at OT I have no clue where Petit-Frere fits because his ranking is anywhere from 2nd to 5th Rd but he still seems like a reasonable option somewhere.    

WR:  Watson, Pierce, Pickens (character questions might not fit Bears and those issues likely push Pierce's value higher).   

Other options:  DT Winfrey

S Jalen Pitre. (love his game and having him and Roquan on the field gives us a lot of flexibility in coverages and blitz packages) 

CB:  Booth Jr. fits scheme but injury history, albeit none too serious, dropped him out of 1st Rd.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the value system the NFL uses, it seems pretty realistic for what teams value by the picks already taken. 24 of there top 32 went in the first round. The only OL left in there top 40 is Brandon Raimann. Travis Jones the only DT. No WRs in top 40.  I would say at 39 trade back a few and still will be able to get Pierce at the worst case scenario. Still a lot of QBs left , maybe we're in the sweet spot to get a good trade up for a QB. Only 1 gone so far. 

One guy who has fallen under my radar all together is Josh Pashal. He's a little undersized weight wise, but I love everything I've read about him. He's got longgg 35"+ arms and big time burst. Listed as a DE/Edge, but he has played inside and looked really good inside. 

IMO, your current #2 CB is either Vildor or Graham and that's clearly not good enough.  You have three chances left to get a guy you could reasonably expect to start at #2 CB this year: Booth, Gordon, and McCreary (maybe Emerson).  I would target one of those guys at 39, unless we are in a system which just doesn't value CBs (which is possible).  You can get a starting RG into the 3rd round.  You can get a good WR in the 2nd 3rd round. 

4 minutes ago, scs787 said:

CB probably has the best value right now in all honesty. Not the direction I wanted them to go, but it makes sense.

That's pretty much where I'm at... when life hands you lemons make some lemonade and we really need a CB and S.   If Poles and his sidekick Cunningham are the experts we've been led to believe they are, then they have some good Oline targets for us.   

8 players are available on Day2 that I would consider at both the Bears picks and with the QBs still on the board trade possibilities also exist to gain draft capitol.

Kyler Gordon

Nakobe Dean

Andrew Booth

Roger McCreary

Bernhard Raimann

Jalen Pitre

Christian Watson 

Perrion Winfrey

41 minutes ago, lemonej said:

8 players are available on Day2 that I would consider at both the Bears picks and with the QBs still on the board trade possibilities also exist to gain draft capitol.

Kyler Gordon

Nakobe Dean

Andrew Booth

Roger McCreary

Bernhard Raimann

Jalen Pitre

Christian Watson 

Perrion Winfrey

No love for Logan Hall? 

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I was very surprised at how high guys like Tyler Smith and Cole Strange went.  There always an ebb and flow to draft trends and IOL are moving upwards lately. 

I still like IOL.  Raimann, Rhyan, and at OT I have no clue where Petit-Frere fits because his ranking is anywhere from 2nd to 5th Rd but he still seems like a reasonable option somewhere.    

WR:  Watson, Pierce, Pickens (character questions might not fit Bears and those issues likely push Pierce's value higher).   

Other options:  DT Winfrey

S Jalen Pitre. (love his game and having him and Roquan on the field gives us a lot of flexibility in coverages and blitz packages) 

CB:  Booth Jr. fits scheme but injury history, albeit none too serious, dropped him out of 1st Rd.  

I was surprised at the Cole Strange pic, but not Tyler Smith.  Smith has tremendous upside.  I was really hoping he would fall to us.  His interview on GMFB was awesome.  You can really tell he's got some Steve McMichael in his brain.

3 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I was unaware of this, but apparently Fields and Pickens have known each other since high school. With Pickens having a questionable character issues, I think I might be a little more comfortable knowing that him and his QB are already acquainted.  

Or Fields already knows he's just  prick he doesn't to deal with for the next 4 years.  The personality issues could just be immaturity too which he might be outgrowing but I'm sure the staff would have asked Fields about him.    

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I wonder why they gave you D- for Araiza.  That dude will be a fifteen year difference maker...

Araiza has a strong leg but he aims for distance not hang time.  He'll have to change his kicking style for the NFL or he'll constantly out-kick his coverage.  If he gets it all together then he'd be a great asset for flipping the field.  

18 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Wonder if the Bears might get calls at #39 from teams trying to move ahead of the Seahawks to take Malik Willis?

That is the only QB I can see a team trading up for...at any round.  Fields would have gone top 5 in this draft if not #1 overall as I could see a team trading with JAX to get ahead of Detroit.   

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Araiza has a strong leg but he aims for distance not hang time.  He'll have to change his kicking style for the NFL or he'll constantly out-kick his coverage.  If he gets it all together then he'd be a great asset for flipping the field.  

McAfee says he kicks piss missles...😂. He broke him down on his show and said he's a game changer.