Draft Day 3

ASHKUM BEAR

As every draft, the picks do not line up with our expectations.  Maybe it is having the NFL draft at our fingertips and running simulations and reading on prospects programs us to expect something different. 

Well it is now day 3 and we are half way through Round 4.  Who do we want to finish this draft class?  

My wish list:

OL Zach Tom, Jamaree Salyer, Cade May's, Kellen Deisch.

DB Josh Jobe, Montaric Brown, Tariq Woolen

WR Kahlil Shakir, Calvin Austin, Justyn Ross, 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Darian Kinnard, but doubt he lasts long enough. I’ve already mentioned Ross as a guy worth taking a flier on. Matthew Butler is also someone who seems to fit what we are looking for in a 3T. And, what the hell, take the Punt God Matt Ariaza. 

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Watching Zach Tom get selected to go to GB is deflating. If we only had a 4th.  If anything, I hope Poles values the draft and never gets desperate trading picks away.

I hate to admit it, but GB is having an A+ draft. 

9 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Kinnard gone. Maybe Dohnovan West?

Edit: Bears trade down and got another sixth. 

He said he wanted to move down.  Wish he was able to do so earlier. Gives us another player so I'll take it.

I hope we do lose out on Rasheed Walker LT who is next on my oline list

Looks like they traded down again with Texans.

Braxton Jones 

From CBS Sports

Grade Analysis

Major sleeper OT. Has legitimate Pro Bowl OT traits. Mean streak as a blocker pops on film too. Feet are outstanding. Does need to get a touch stronger. Dominated at small-school level. Love this with Justin Fields in mind. (Chris Trapasso)

Strengths:

Quick first step with great top-end speed. Good overall athleticism. Controlled into pass protection. Does a good job sealing backside pursuit in zone. Great size. Able to create torque with his lower body. Allows defenders to work away from play side.

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Braxton Jones 

From CBS Sports

Grade Analysis

Major sleeper OT. Has legitimate Pro Bowl OT traits. Mean streak as a blocker pops on film too. Feet are outstanding. Does need to get a touch stronger. Dominated at small-school level. Love this with Justin Fields in mind. (Chris Trapasso)

Strengths:

Quick first step with great top-end speed. Good overall athleticism. Controlled into pass protection. Does a good job sealing backside pursuit in zone. Great size. Able to create torque with his lower body. Allows defenders to work away from play side.

Wow, That is an encouraging write up. Let's hope he is THAT good!

5 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Huge wingspan too.  That's why they say he needs to get stronger.

Poles swears he wants to draft players who love FB and has good character.

So if Braxton fits that mold, there will be no trouble for him to get stronger with the Bears' trainers in the weight room.

8 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Poles swears he wants to draft players who love FB and has good character.

So if Braxton fits that mold, there will be no trouble for him to get stronger with the Bears' trainers in the weight room.

Absolutely.  You can already tell he spends time in the weight room.  He's got guns like Bobbie Massie.