Roster optimism

Stinger226

12 minutes ago, Pixote said:

When I first saw someone post that Monty was trash, I thought he was joking. Or that it was sarcasm. Or he was baiting to get us riled up. Or ?????? LOL Seriously, Montgomery is solid. I love him in a Bears' Uni. Unfortunately, teams are reluctant to award RBs with big contracts after their rookie deal expires. He will probably be allowed to walk. Trestan Ebner could be his eventual replacement ????

Monty is a good football player, not a star but a blue collar fight every step of the way player. They will offer him a team friendly deal, if he moves on, Herbert and Ebner  are better fits in this offense  anyway.

48 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Monty is a good football player, not a star but a blue collar fight every step of the way player. They will offer him a team friendly deal, if he moves on, Herbert and Ebner  are better fits in this offense  anyway.

I'm not sure they offer him a deal. He's a good player and a solid back but he doesn't fit his offense. 

Peace

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't know how well Monty fits the wide zone style we're moving to.  I think Herbert does and maybe Ebner but when his scouting reports say he has strong tendency to always go outside on plays that's not good.  Ebner with his hands and route running ability fits in great as 3rd down RB and that might be where he starts out along with some returns.   

Because I feel this is unchartered territory for me as a fan because, this team has never torn it down like this in my fan lifetime since '66. The only time we had a rebuild was during the tenure of GM Jim Finks and he wasn't under the same scrutiny as Poles is now. I'm not predicting any wins or who will make the roster right now because of how accurate I'm not mocking players to the Bears.

10 hours ago, scs787 said:

Teague is not the guy we should be thinking about as the guy taking over for Monty. A Abnar is not getting the love he should be here. The more I watch of him the more I love. Dude is dynamic.

I'll never get the Monty hate, from anyone either. 

I think the initial comment was ‘tongue in cheek’.  Teague isn’t the player he once was. More a FB than RB these days anyhow.  

20 hours ago, McGowan said:

Idk about you guys, but I'd trade a conditional 6th or 7th for Leviska Shenault. 

He's buried in Jacksonville. 

I'd also take a flyer with a conditional 7th on Denzel Mims. 

I don’t know how a talented player gets buried on the depth chart of a team with the worst record.   There’s a reason 13 Bears remain FAs. 

24 minutes ago, McGowan said:

I wonder if Getsy thinks St. Brown has untapped potential. He's only 25 so it's possible. Was in GB before here. 

It's possible. I just think Poles thinks highly of Pringle and now hopefully the same thoughts on Velus. That makes St. Brown the #4 or 5 depending on thoughts about David Moore, who has had some NFL success in Seattle.

Poles knows Pringle very well coming from KC. Hard to really put up huge numbers when you're playing on a team with 2 future hall of famers. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

It's possible. I just think Poles thinks highly of Pringle and now hopefully the same thoughts on Velus. That makes St. Brown the #4 or 5 depending on thoughts about David Moore, who has had some NFL success in Seattle.

Poles knows Pringle very well coming from KC. Hard to really put up huge numbers when you're playing on a team with 2 future hall of famers. 

St. Brown and Coulter are really the only X candidates on the roster. 

1 hour ago, McGowan said:

St. Brown and Coulter are really the only X candidates on the roster. 

I've pointed this out a few times, but I will again note that Pringle was the tallest WR on the KC roster the past few years and they have thrived. 

I just use KC as an example because it's the easiest one to use with Poles and Pringle coming over. I'm sure there are other teams who don't have WRs over 6'1".

Summary post:

Monty would be much better behind an OL that blocks consistently and with an accompanying passing game that scares anyone.

I don’t love the draft, but I understand it.

MasterT is trash. He will probably get cut before the season.

I hope the Bears have one more down year to take advantage of having a full draft at a good spot.

The WRs are WEAK, and a flyer should have been taken on Justyn Ross before someone else grabbed him. That type of talent was worth a 7th round throwaway pick. He should have never gotten to UDFA territory.

11 hours ago, jason said:

Summary post:

Monty would be much better behind an OL that blocks consistently and with an accompanying passing game that scares anyone.

I don’t love the draft, but I understand it.

MasterT is trash. He will probably get cut before the season.

I hope the Bears have one more down year to take advantage of having a full draft at a good spot.

The WRs are WEAK, and a flyer should have been taken on Justyn Ross before someone else grabbed him. That type of talent was worth a 7th round throwaway pick. He should have never gotten to UDFA territory.

Agreed on Master T?  He falls down changing directions.  I didn't realize Justyn Ross has a congenital spine condition.